Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your Post WMC insider report including an Ultra update

V. Barbarino

Here is what I got from my intel agents. Ultra did very very well. The Cure did more on Friday than Saturday's bookings with about 30% of Fridays attendees going to Saturday.

What does this mean? Ultra got it right this year, the Cure's success is EDM's further demise. No point in booking djs if people showed up for a rock band and tiesto. By doing this on Friday it subsidized Saturday's show for the djs. Why even bother with Djs? Next year, look for a Cure type band on Friday then another similar band on Saturday. Toss in a few huge djs and you got yourself a profitable festival. Will the GG jump back in? Probably.

Other reports indicate that this years success for the wmc has nothing to do with EDM music. Hard to explain but I'll try. MDW in Miami is not hip hop driven rather like minded people who like hip hop and it's culture know it's a great party. So while EDM music is not driving WMC it's there in the back ground aka birds of a feather etc.

Overall clubs did well, people were happy except for the cover charges, stuff like 100 bucks at the Shelborne (ouch)!

Space is still the place and my god only a handful of people including myself knew about the Tiesto party at Karu, it was hard keep that one under wraps for months. But I did tell some of you to be there, just not why you should be there. They were scared like little school girls that LP would find out and kill it somehow. (Sorry Gordon, couldn't leak that one to ya, but I'm sure you knew)

Overall from what I hear, it (WMC) was a great success, however it's not a success for WMC or EDM but rather for Miami. EDM did not advance it self in any capacity, nor did wmc help keep it alive. It's still where we left it off 8 days ago, dying.

It's a great time to visit Miami and oh yea there is some good music too. That is the best way to describe where WMC is going. In fact I advise clubs to use Winter Music Party instead of WMC for marketing next year if not trade marked. After all it's simply a great party that happens to play EDM music with a Rock festival at the end of it.

Post WMC: picture cattle running off a cliff, it's going to be really really really bad around here.

I do understand there will be a flood of people claiming EDM is not dead based upon this week bla bla. So I ask those ass clowns 2 simple questions:

1. 8 Days ago, how was EDM in Miami doing?

2. 8 Days from now, how will EDM in Miami be doing?

Now you know and knowings half the battle.

Guest ezgoing74

With the over price tickets and drinks I could go over to Ibiza with the money I spend this week. Next year Ill look into the presales even though I think the best parties are the ones you don't plan.

With the over price tickets and drinks I could go over to Ibiza with the money I spend this week. Next year Ill look into the presales even though I think the best parties are the ones you don't plan.

My friends told me about 100 dollar cover charges and 10 bucks for a can of beer...

I keep telling them, come down in Feb and enjoy more of miami for far less money.

Guest LiquidX

So you recognize Ultra did well compared to your earlier posts that Ultra was doing it wrong by booking the cure. LoL smart kid

Guest meta

Seriously for the WMC with all the djs tring to promote themselfs, its too overwhelming.

Rather wait for the rush to be over for A&R, artist, and etc to pay more attention.

Been there done that and its harder to get your name out during WMC than you doing it on a regular bases.

Guest JMT

yes, it was pretty random... i was at Karu on saturday when Tiesto showed up in the garden and played a sunrise set from about 6 to 8. not the typical Tiesto sound either, much housier.

props to the dj who was playing earlier in the garden, Sean Miller from Canada i think his name was. he was solid.

yes, it was pretty random... i was at Karu on saturday when Tiesto showed up in the garden and played a sunrise set from about 6 to 8. not the typical Tiesto sound either, much housier.

props to the dj who was playing earlier in the garden, Sean Miller from Canada i think his name was. he was solid.

I can say now that Tiesto at Karu was Dade's party, however it was Tiestos idea. They had to be careful due to the contract with Mansion.

I can say now that Tiesto at Karu was Dade's party, however it was Tiestos idea. They had to be careful due to the contract with Mansion.

what about the tiesto @ the setai party? ;)

Guest JustDade

Tiesto's Setai party was a lot of fun. The place is a little strange for that type of event but it worked really well. It was kept under control so it was never too crowded and was full of industry people I haven't had a chance to hang with in years. Also...tons of beautiful women. I'm not the biggest fan of that sound but I had a great time at the party.

Tiesto's Setai party was a lot of fun. The place is a little strange for that type of event but it worked really well. It was kept under control so it was never too crowded and was full of industry people I haven't had a chance to hang with in years. Also...tons of beautiful women. I'm not the biggest fan of that sound but I had a great time at the party.

yeah man...definitely an interesting evening

Guest 4040

Sean Miller was the highlight of the whole conference for me. This kid from Toronto is sick. If you remember I was the guy giving everyone hi-five every 5 minutes. Sander also kicked ass.

I heard tiesto was coming but had to leave 6am before the wife woke up. lol

Guest JMT
Sean Miller was the highlight of the whole conference for me. This kid from Toronto is sick. If you remember I was the guy giving everyone hi-five every 5 minutes.

i was up front in the tent for most of his set. he was phenomenal.

Guest ramon

Sean Miller was the highlight of the whole conference for me. This kid from Toronto is sick. If you remember I was the guy giving everyone hi-five every 5 minutes. Sander also kicked ass.

I heard tiesto was coming but had to leave 6am before the wife woke up. lol

Sean is great.. We had him play at Cafeteria back in the connected days ... wicked wicked dj.