Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Operation no more junk mail...

Ok, I've had it with Junk mail, ever since the government got off their ass and put in place the do not call list (which I'm on) they are sending me record amount of junk mail. I get 3 catalogs a day plus 3 or 4 insurance/credit card offers, usually about 3 a week from capital one. So, I did a little research, and found a way to stop 90% of it. Plus for you tree huggers, no more wasted paper..

1. All the coupons from your local supermarket etc, by law have to come with an address card, just locate it. Most are the missing children one. Mine is "The Flyer" by Harte Hanks, well just call this number to get off their list for free:

Circulation/Removal from Mailing List

CALIFORNIA & SOUTH FLORIDA:

Phone: (800) 422-4116

Please Mail Requests To Be Removed From Our Mailing List To

Circulation

C/O Pennysaver

2830 Orbiter Street

Brea, CA 92821

2. Credit Card offers and Insurance offers, by law each one has the opt out phone number on them somewhere, so no more of this shit which is nice since this is how your identity can get stolen.

Just call:

Calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688)

3. DMA

https://www.dmaconsumers.org/cgi/offmailing

Fill out the form and send them a check for 1 dollar. The dollar check ensures who you are. This will stop 75% of the crap you get. Well worth the dollar!

# ADVO (Mail comes with pictures of missing children). Call 1-860-285-6100 to get off the list. You may have to send a postcard to "ADVO Consumer Assistance, POB 249, Windsor CT 06095-4176".

# Val Pak Coupons: click the link and fill out the form - easy, but don't give them your email address.

# Carol Wright Call 1-800-67-TARGET to get off the list.

This will stop the vast majority of the crap you get, however it will take a few months for your address to purge from the system...

Now I need to get Marlboro to stop sending me shit, I have never smoked a single cig in my life!

Guest JMT

i was going to make a seinfeld reference, but 3 in 2 days might be a bit much.

i also get a shit load of junk mail. penny saver ads, credit card offers, magazine offers, ads for doctors, and i get about 3 deceptive offers trying to trick me into buying mortgage insurance every week.

i was going to make a seinfeld reference, but 3 in 2 days might be a bit much.

i also get a shit load of junk mail. penny saver ads, credit card offers, magazine offers, ads for doctors, and i get about 3 deceptive offers trying to trick me into buying mortgage insurance every week.

Yes, I know where you are going with the Seinfeld reference, lol

Guest swank

OMG! the CC offers and insurance, mortgage offers are outta control. It kills me when I see how much paper is wasted on this shit. >:(

Guest yume

haha. good post! thx for the info.

I recently registered a company with the word "Media" in the title, and have been getting stuff in the mail under "Medical". Fucking idiots. :)

Guest lyrik

I HATE THIS SHIT!!!! I get one piece of actual mail a day at most because we do most of our bills online and the rest are fliers, coupons, landscaping services, penny newpapers and saver adds, free magz, credit card offers, mortgage offers, people wanting to buy our house WE JUST FUCKIN BUILT ASSHOLES! Its lucky we don't actually throw some real mail out sorting through all this bullshit.

I HATE THIS SHIT!!!! I get one piece of actual mail a day at most because we do most of our bills online and the rest are fliers, coupons, landscaping services, penny newpapers and saver adds, free magz, credit card offers, mortgage offers, people wanting to buy our house WE JUST FUCKIN BUILT ASSHOLES! Its lucky we don't actually throw some real mail out sorting through all this bullshit.

I get zero bills sent, 100% of everything I pay on comes in the form of email. So basically my mail is about 85% crap.. WAMU is getting on my nerves, they send me twice a week checks to use on my CC, in which I never have used them and never will. My shredder works over time!

Guest RzO

i always think about this shit, i hate it!! i live in a condo so maybe i check my mail once a week if im not expecting something important and every time my lil mailbox is filled to the brim with damn penny savers!

the other day i was wondering if there was a way of getting them to stop but really didnt put to much effort, this will help!

I'm having trouble figuring out how to stop sun sentinels "shoplocal." I wrote the sentinel, I'm awaiting a response but maybe by removing my name from the DMA list it will stop it...

Todays mail was lite but with 3 offers for crap and this shop local crap, it will be a few weeks I think until I see some reduction. I would assume the CC and insurance offers would be the 1st to stop.

Guest JMT

I just told WAMU, if they send me one more junk mail piece full of checks than I'm cutting the card up!

haha, what did the person on the phone say?

Guest clubchicky

I had to change my email account. I used to have aol...but had gotten so much crap....I just got rid of it....hehe I like the coupon comment....I always get coupons for shit I would never in a million years use!!

Guest JMT

i am joining operation no more junk mail.

i called "penny saver" using the discretely placed 1-800 # on the back page. turns out the palm beach post is the culprit responsible for this. i get 3 of these big ass things a week clogging up my mailbox. they said i would be off the list in about week.

next up was #2, the credit card offers. i called 1-888-5-optout. they have a suprisingly accurate voice recognition system. things were going smoothly until it asked for my SSN #. i didnt say anything and it bypassed that question. hopefully it works.

ADVO might be next. i see their name on the missing kid flyer, but im not sure what they are responsible for. i might wait and see what mail i still get before going through any more steps.

I got a new batch that I need to process today, The Flyer, Money Saver showed up today...

2 CC offers, but they will eventually stop, but I put the money savers in the reply envelopes! ha ha.

btw, Welcome to the fight! I'm thinking of starting a web site about this with a message board!

The missing kid AVDO is bundled with coupons and crap like that, by law they have use an address card to send you bundled non addressed coupons..

i get more citi bank and amex cards than you can imagine.. and coupons.. i've never used a fucking coupon in my life. half the crap they have coupons for, i don't use!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so mad annoying.. i'm hoping to see change within 90 days or elseeeeeeee!

did you opt out yet?

Money Saver Coupon Books

4555 NW 103rd Avenue, Sunrise, FL 33322

Phone: 954-747-4898

Here is another one sending me crap, gonna call them tomorrow!

Found more info:

Catalogs, mail order lists and magazines

When you buy something from a mail order catalog, your transaction is likely to be reported to Abacus, owned by DoubleClick Digital Advertising. Members of the Abacus Alliance, mostly catalog companies and publishing companies, contribute and exchange information about their customers. Your name may also be sold to other catalog and publishing companies. One way or another, when you ask for one catalog, you're like to get catalogs from other companies as well.

There are two ways to opt out of the Abacus database. You'll need your name, including any middle initial, your current address, and if you've moved recently, your previous address.

* By e-mail: optout@abacus-us.com

* By mail:

Abacus, Inc.

P.O. Box 1478

Broomfield, CO 80038