Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Imus in the Morning

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Did anyone else read about this? Am I missing something, because when did "nappy-headed hos" become a racist remark, especially when said in the context of trying to be funny?

http://www.wnbc.com/news/11586673/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Now there's this big parade where he goes around apologizing, taking sensitivity classes, anger management, etc. etc....

I saw it, and wondered if Howard said this if anyone would have noticed. I think the problem was Imus didn't come off funny but rather as a hater. All and all, no one cars what he said, it's not a huge story, just Jessie and Al trying to get money from CBS radio..

Guest slamminshaun

al sharpton is starting to annoy me as much as jesse jackson..

the guy apologized for a dumb thing he said - lets move on all ready..

That's another thing. We are a country that is OBSESSED with hearing people say the words "I'm sorry". What is it with those words that gives people in this country such a hard-on????

It's the standard American cycle for white people: Say anything remotely close to being considered a racist comment so that you can go on Oprah or whatever and say "I'm sorry", go to sensitivity training, and then lead a tearful congregation in song!

::)

Guest slamminshaun

Alright, so I was wrong.....Imus didn't go on Oprah, instead he went on Al Sharpton's radio show! But of course, he said "you people"....oh no!!! Sound the alarm!!! Another racist remark!!!!

You people...click here

Guest jbit

I wouldn't have dignified Sharpton with a visit if I was Imus, bad move. Imus wasn't going to get a fair shot no matter what he said.

Sharpton gets more passes than anyone else out there, remember the Duke lacrosse incident? He was the first one to yell hate crime, but when the facts cleared the 3 players, no one confronted him on it.

Guest slamminshaun

I wouldn't have dignified Sharpton with a visit if I was Imus, bad move. Imus wasn't going to get a fair shot no matter what he said.

Sharpton gets more passes than anyone else out there, remember the Duke lacrosse incident? He was the first one to yell hate crime, but when the facts cleared the 3 players, no one confronted him on it.

Jesse Jackson offered a full scholarship to the "victim". Funny how the dismissal of the case received about 0.000001% of the media coverage than the case itself did. I bet more than 1/2 of Americans still think they did it. We are a nation of race hustling, white guilt, and apology whores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley

Enjoy the read

BTW, I love Al, I highly disagree with him most times, but the man will go on any show any time and argue his point unlike Jessie.. In fact Al is Bill Orielly's favorite guest because he'll argue and argue and argue and fight etc..

BTW why no out rage at black rappers for what they say? OHHH that's right, if you are white you can't say this crap!

From slate

"According to the Associated Press, Sharpton and Brawley's lawyers asserted "on 33 separate occasions" that a local prosecutor named Steven Pagones "had kidnapped, abused and raped" Brawley. There was no evidence, and Pagones was soon cleared. Sharpton then accused a local police cult with ties to the Irish Republican Army of perpetrating the alleged assault. The case fizzled when a security guard for Brawley's lawyers testified that the lawyers and Sharpton knew Brawley was lying."

Guest JMT

"He's apologizing like a guy who got his first broadcasting job. He should have said, 'F--k you, it's a joke.'" - Howard Stern

Guest slamminshaun

PLEASE!!!! For the love of God....enough of Imus already!!!!

Is our culture so shallow and so weak that this justifies being the top news story two nights in a row? That Seinfeld guy and Mel Gibson didn't even get this much attention. The first full 10 minutes on NBC Nightline tonight alone!

All these interviews with Rutgers girls saying "I've been crying all day, I'm hurt, the pain is unbearable....I have rage and anger now and I don't know who to turn to" Are you fuckin' serious? What kind of loser are you people? Uh oh, I said "you people"!!! They're just enjoying their camera time and I honestly don't think most of them really were offended, but they had everyone whipping them up to be....so now they are.

Guest coach

PLEASE!!!! For the love of God....enough of Imus already!!!!

Is our culture so shallow and so weak that this justifies being the top news story two nights in a row? That Seinfeld guy and Mel Gibson didn't even get this much attention. The first full 10 minutes on NBC Nightline tonight alone!

All these interviews with Rutgers girls saying "I've been crying all day' date=' I'm hurt, the pain is unbearable....I have rage and anger now and I don't know who to turn to" Are you fuckin' serious? What kind of loser are you people? Uh oh, I said "you people"!!! They're just enjoying their camera time and I honestly don't think most of them really were offended, but they had everyone whipping them up to be....so now they are.

[/quote']And this is the problem. Americans think stupid people are entertaining. I can't even listen to Imus, he is such a moron. Same with Rush Limbaugh. But they get the ratings.

Guest mr.miami

Instead of straight hair blacks are known for nappy hair. Kind of curly, not soft, and hard to brush and stuff.

Guest clubchicky

Dude, black, white, purple, asian, maroon...anyONE person can have nappy hair...I can't believe he lost his morning show over this. I guess maybe Howard Stern should lose his for all the degrading things he says about women then???

Guest jbit

Dude, black, white, purple, asian, maroon...anyONE person can have nappy hair..

yeah but blacks claim it as their own so that if anyone else says it, its racist.

Guest clubchicky

oh and who does the claiming?? Is there a government document out there that says nappy hair has to be a black person's hair???? I would like to see it......