Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So last night I was blown away by the BEST rock n roll song I've heard in years

Guest Cosmigonon

Guest Cosmigonon

OMFG

Last night i had MTV on the background and I heard this song that actually made me look at the TV.

Incubus - Dig

This is the way rock n roll is supposed to be, if more bands were playing like this, I'd still be listening to rock, all day I haven't been able to stop listening to this.

NEVERMIND THE VIDEO: LISTEN TO THE SONG!

And since I'm a trained singer, i can appreciate someone who can actualy sing, I can't stop singing this song, now I feel like going into the karaoke and singing the fuck out of this CHOON!!! 8 :o :o :o

6Z8cnXVGm1I

Moral of the story:

This is the way rock is supposed to be.

p.s. Nickjunkie, if you can bring Incubus to B-Live, I'll get you a hooker or whatever it is that you fancy... j/k (not really... :P)

Guest lyrik

incubus is good... but its sissy rock.

You should check out the new band HELLYEAH.. their first album came out today.. self titled

its the singer from mudvayne and the drummer from Pantera

their new album is fire.. one of the best rock songs ive heard in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AGJxYt0mNs

That statement is totally laughable. I just don't get the whole put other people down to make your point that goes on in music. I am into Mudvayne and Incubus and a ton of newer rock...actually its what I listen to most these days. Incubus have been on the cutting edge since day one, Brandon is one the most gifted singer/songwriters in rock today and you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the rock industry to contest that...I have listened to HELLYEAH and I like it some of their tracks are actually in my iriver (that cheap for ipod).

BTW Cosmi - I agree Dig is an awesome track - in fact that whole new album is great. I had it about a month or so ago...I've always been a big fan of their work.

Guest lyrik

I don't see any fire or explosions in their live sets.

you want to see fire?

check out RAMMSTEIN live

lead singer is a licensed Pyro technician

DUAL flamethrowers attached to his arm

I dont understand german

but their live shows are fucking nuts...

are you pods long lost brother...you just said rammstein... which means in pod lingo -> nail/head

You should check out the new band HELLYEAH.. their first album came out today.. self titled

That statement is totally laughable. I just don't get the whole put other people down to make your point that goes on in music. I am into Mudvayne and Incubus and a ton of newer rock...actually its what I listen to most these days. Incubus have been on the cutting edge since day one, Brandon is one the most gifted singer/songwriters in rock today and you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the rock industry to contest that...I have listened to HELLYEAH and I like it some of their tracks are actually in my iriver (that cheap for ipod).

BTW Cosmi - I agree Dig is an awesome track - in fact that whole new album is great. I had it about a month or so ago...I've always been a big fan of their work.

sorry if i offended.. I said incubus was good. I have their last album in my car.. its good music. Its just that its soft... When i hear the word "rock n roll" im picturing the crowd going buckwild type shit.

And since I'm a trained singer, i can appreciate someone who can actualy sing, I can't stop singing this song, now I feel like going into the karaoke and singing the fuck out of this CHOON!!! 8 :o :o :o

i'd luv to see u get up and karoake!

And no one thought we could have two ass clown alerts in the same week. 1st the dj at la playa and now this... lol

Best rock n roll song you heard in years, news flash, THAT IS NOT ROCK N ROLL!!! Unless you like your rock sponsored by tampax..

ps. As I typed this, I had Dylan's Hurricane playing in my winamp..

pod, I listen to that du hast track all the time at the gym..

Guest pod

Du Hast is their big hit. The rest of their stuff is pretty hardcore. Read the translations, sometimes it's pretty nasty what they get into. Not like explicit but metaphorically.

Of course, the huge attraction is their live shows, with the pyrotechnics.

It's too bad they can't do pyro in clubs anymore, I think a 3 AM show of fire, lasers, and explosions would really liven up a night.

Guest Cosmigonon

And no one thought we could have two ass clown alerts in the same week. 1st the dj at la playa and now this... lol

Best rock n roll song you heard in years, news flash, THAT IS NOT ROCK N ROLL!!! Unless you like your rock sponsored by tampax..

ps. As I typed this, I had Dylan's Hurricane playing in my winamp..

pod, I listen to that du hast track all the time at the gym..

YOU are gonna tell ME about rock?

LMFAO ;D ;D ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Sissy rock? Are we in junior high ??? Are they gonna fight each other to see who's more macho or something??

Heavier does not mean better.

Different strokes for different folks. If you're into the screaming thing, hey, then more power to you.

I personally prefer to hear somebody SINGING melodically, as I said earlier, I appreciate that, nobody does that anymore, so that's why I think it's great to hear somebody actually SINGING nowadays, that's just my opinion... ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

i'd luv to see u get up and karoake!

Hmm, we'll have to do that one of these days... :)

Guest Cosmigonon

My point exactly.

And oh yeah, I'm totally buying that album tomorrow.. 8)

Guest JMT

god i love the who ;D

i saw them at hard rock. it was the final show of the tour and daltrey's voice was shot from laryngitis, but he left it all on the stage and townshend played like he was 20 years younger. great show.

Guest coach

Yeah, it's not a bad song, but it's not rock. Emo-punk maybe? Nothing wrong with emo-punk, of course, if that's your thing, but you can't call it rock.

Guest lyrik

Yeah, it's not a bad song, but it's not rock. Emo-punk maybe? Nothing wrong with emo-punk, of course, if that's your thing, but you can't call it rock.

Were Journey and REO considered rock? What about Bad Company when they put out "feel like making love" or Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven"? Just because a band records a lighter song why does it declassify them as being rock?

In my opinion that song is rock...it may not be hard or metal...but it's still under the rock umbrella and hardly emo...this band has been recording tracks like this long before emo was the cool new term.

I've followed this band from their very first album and they run the table of rock as every good band should. Pardon Me, Megalomaniac, Anna Molly, Nice to Know You are all harder rock. To be honest I consider this band just Rock...with no need to over genrefy them as grunge, metal, emo or alternative.

Guest JMT
Were Journey and REO considered rock? What about Bad Company when they put out "feel like making love" or Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven"? Just because a band records a lighter song why does it declassify them as being rock?

i agree with you except for the zeppelin reference. "stairway to heaven" isnt really a light song. it starts slow but ends up rocking out just as hard as their other songs.