Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spiderman 3 Hype Thread

Bling

Guest JMT

'Spider-Man' Director Raimi Considers 'The Hobbit'

Spider-Man 4 is beginning to look a little shaky - director Sam Raimi is looking to tackle literary epic The Hobbit. The moviemaker, who is the brains behind all three Spider-Man movies, has revealed he's in the running to replace Peter Jackson as the director of the Lord Of The Rings prequel. And, if he does head to Middle Earth, actress Kirsten Dunst insists she definitely won't be back for a fourth Spider-Man. In an exclusive interview with EW.com, Raimi says, "Peter Jackson might be the best filmmaker on the planet right now... First and foremost, those (Lord of The Rings films) are Peter Jackson and (New Line studio boss) Bob Shaye's films. If Peter didn't want to do it, and Bob wanted me to do it - and they were both OK with me picking up the reigns - that would be great. I love the book. It's maybe a more kid-friendly story than the others." Dunst, who was in Tokyo, Japan last night for the Spider-Man 3 world premiere, insists she can't imagine returning for a fourth film without Raimi. She explains, "It's disrespectful to the whole team, I think, to do that. And audiences aren't stupid. It'd be a big flop without me, Tobey Maguire or Sam. That would really not be the smartest move."

'Spider-Man' Director Raimi Considers 'The Hobbit'

Spider-Man 4 is beginning to look a little shaky - director Sam Raimi is looking to tackle literary epic The Hobbit. The moviemaker, who is the brains behind all three Spider-Man movies, has revealed he's in the running to replace Peter Jackson as the director of the Lord Of The Rings prequel. And, if he does head to Middle Earth, actress Kirsten Dunst insists she definitely won't be back for a fourth Spider-Man. In an exclusive interview with EW.com, Raimi says, "Peter Jackson might be the best filmmaker on the planet right now... First and foremost, those (Lord of The Rings films) are Peter Jackson and (New Line studio boss) Bob Shaye's films. If Peter didn't want to do it, and Bob wanted me to do it - and they were both OK with me picking up the reigns - that would be great. I love the book. It's maybe a more kid-friendly story than the others." Dunst, who was in Tokyo, Japan last night for the Spider-Man 3 world premiere, insists she can't imagine returning for a fourth film without Raimi. She explains, "It's disrespectful to the whole team, I think, to do that. And audiences aren't stupid. It'd be a big flop without me, Tobey Maguire or Sam. That would really not be the smartest move."

nothing wrong with that id love to see the hobbit made into a movie :) though i realllllly want peter jackson to do it. no one can do lotr better than Mr. Jackson

Guest Civs

TOKYO (AP) - "Spider-Man 3" made its global debut in Tokyo on Monday, with stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst taking a walk down the red carpet for the premiere, held in drizzling rain at a ritzy Tokyo arena.

Guest swirlundergrounder

spiderman is still the best superhero movies ever.... except for the original superman flicks

No way man... The first 2 Superman Movies kill these by far..

You can't fuck with the Phantom Zone... :P

spiderman is still the best superhero movies ever.... except for the original superman flicks

No way man... The first 2 Superman Movies kill these by far..

You can't fuck with the Phantom Zone... :P

thats what i said superman original movies were even better.

nothing beats General Zod ;D

KNEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL BEFORE ZOD. SON OF JARREL