Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can Space survive without a patio? Vote

V. Barbarino

Can Space survive without a patio?  

1. 1. Can Space survive without a patio?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ariel

I know plenty of people who don't care about the patio who only go to the main room and listen to Oscar, or whoever they bring out. You should see that Main Room at 12am till ??.....SLAMMED!

So my vote is yes.

Guest Mattivi

the patio is the whole reason i go, and i imagine, a lot of others. im sure space could just switch to hip hop and do just fine tho :P

Guest endymion

I voted "yes" because those properties will continue to have value as nightlife venues as that area gentrifies. The vibe at Space will transform completely as the neighborhood finds its identity.

Guest tekniQz

I think Luis will figure something out to adapt to the situation that we will all like.He has never failed to dissapoint thus far.

Guest JMT

if space's patio goes, there will be no patios period. so people will either stop going out altogether at those hours, or adapt to the change. i think there will be enough people willing to do the latter.

Guest spinderella7713

I think Luis will figure something out to adapt to the situation that we will all like.He has never failed to dissapoint thus far.

I agree that Louis wont go down without a good idea under his belt. BUT if they are just going to do the inside it should just be made 18 and up, the crowd inside is to young....and it doesnt seem like too many tourists visit until its patio time.

Guest Orls

Its funny b/c Space has proven all the haters wrong year in and year out, so my bet continues to be that it will survive.

Guest coach

I think it is an irrelevant question. *If* the city keeps that entertainment zone open, then Space will continue until LP gets tired of getting hassled and moves out. If the city decides to do away with that zone, then patio or no patio, Space closes.

What do you call a strip club with no strippers? A bar. What do you call Space without a patio? Cameo, Mansion, Twilo etc.

Space with no patio, no longer has an advantage.. if and when that patio goes by by, the beach will reemerge as the old beach. I remember those days of Deep Dish at Crobar than Space for after hours, well those days will come back in vogue, however I think after hours will die quickly. If DT can only take Twilo till 7am then it goes to show you there are no after hours left in Miami without a patio.

The patio makes up very little revenue for Space, but it's the driving force to get people in the door. Without that driving force, LP is forced to book dj acts, but that market died, in fact a report out of NJ today said the scene up there is "lame"...

If the Opium guys were smart, they would team up with Mermelli and force Space out of business with noise complaints. Buy off the residents, offer them 100 bucks per phoned in complaint, cash of course. Or buy a condo in 10 Museum and start dialing!

If I were LP, I'd put a plan in motiong right this second to get early hours going, start booking jocks who come on at midnight and offer incentives to get there early, better train that crowd now before it's too late.

Guest pod

Here's the thing though, the beach is not going to go back to the 'old' beach. Too many commercial interests are on the beach now to see a return to booking people like Deep Dish and so forth.

Here's the thing though, the beach is not going to go back to the 'old' beach. Too many commercial interests are on the beach now to see a return to booking people like Deep Dish and so forth.

Dude, the beach can book djs but make them secondary to the party, aka Mansion...

Don't question the legends knowledge just buy him a beer!

Guest ICON

What do you call a strip club with no strippers? A bar. What do you call Space without a patio? Cameo, Mansion, Twilo etc.

Space with no patio, no longer has an advantage.. if and when that patio goes by by, the beach will reemerge as the old beach. I remember those days of Deep Dish at Crobar than Space for after hours, well those days will come back in vogue, however I think after hours will die quickly. If DT can only take Twilo till 7am then it goes to show you there are no after hours left in Miami without a patio.

The patio makes up very little revenue for Space, but it's the driving force to get people in the door. Without that driving force, LP is forced to book dj acts, but that market died, in fact a report out of NJ today said the scene up there is "lame"...

If the Opium guys were smart, they would team up with Mermelli and force Space out of business with noise complaints. Buy off the residents, offer them 100 bucks per phoned in complaint, cash of course. Or buy a condo in 10 Museum and start dialing!

If I were LP, I'd put a plan in motiong right this second to get early hours going, start booking jocks who come on at midnight and offer incentives to get there early, better train that crowd now before it's too late.

so where do people go when cameo closes at 5am? HOME? SOME DUDE'S HOUSE PARTY? OR DOWNTOWN CLUBS?

"If DT can only take Twilo till 7am then it goes to show you there are no after hours left in Miami without a patio."

I and everybody in this city thinks that TWILO is a GAY club. Sorry dude, but i just dont like walking through a sea of gay dudes with their shirts off.... so you cannot really compare the two.

Guest pod

It still is. Most people go to the beach for entertainment. It's the tourist draw to the Miami area.

What Downtown is, at least to me, is a place where you can kind of get away from the glitz, glam, and general bullshit that is South Beach. Don't get me wrong, there's still some fun parties there, but for the most part, South Beach is just that, glitz, glam, and bullshit. I always saw Downtown as being a more down-home alternative to the general insular "the universe ends at the causeway" mentality that pervades the sandbar.

Guest ramon

so where do people go when cameo closes at 5am? HOME? SOME DUDE'S HOUSE PARTY? OR DOWNTOWN CLUBS?

"If DT can only take Twilo till 7am then it goes to show you there are no after hours left in Miami without a patio."

I and everybody in this city thinks that TWILO is a GAY club. Sorry dude, but i just dont like walking through a sea of gay dudes with their shirts off.... so you cannot really compare the two.

Last time Tenaglia played till atleast noon. I know because I left about 11am.

Twilo is the best club in the Nation and hardly anyone knows about it. That is their biggest hurdle. Get someone to make it the 'it' spot. Fridays are up for grabs imo. There's a whole group of people I see come out for DT that don't really go out. Give them a reason to!

The patio is nice, but it's not what made Space what it is.

Space with no patio, no longer has an advantage..

ahh space has an advantage - they have the ability to serve cocktails after 5am nick..

i think the patio, if closed, will definately suck, but i'm sure if Karu & Y have a mote inside their club, LP will design something that brings the patio indoors and somewhat keep the charm of the patio afterhours party... just give him time...

but i guess time will tell!!!

Guest coqui x

u find those dude at space too. ::)

Guest coqui x

Space with no patio, no longer has an advantage..

ahh space has an advantage - they have the ability to serve cocktails after 5am nick..

i think the patio, if closed, will definately suck, but i'm sure if Karu & Y have a mote inside their club, LP will design something that brings the patio indoors and somewhat keep the charm of the patio afterhours party... just give him time...

but i guess time will tell!!!

glass cieling.

Guest pod

I love reading the responses when it comes to the gay population showing up to straight clubs. If gay people want to go to Space or any straight clubs, so what, it's their choice.

Guest tekniQz

No Twilo is a billion times worse in that aspect.At Space there is alot more chicks than Twilo there is no comparison.I mean the only time at Twilo when it was exceptable was for Burridge and for the Van Helden party only when AVH left did it go drastically downhill when he left it went drastically down hill,and thats about it.Its truly a shame because Twilo has endless potential but they dont seem to really want to change things.Thats the thing about Space thats so cool everyone comes there to party,everyone.The numbers as im sure you have all noticed are very diverse.

C,mon you are telling me Mr.Morillo and Oscar dont bring ass loads of hot chicks to Space.They deffintly do!!