Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can Space survive without a patio? Vote

V. Barbarino

Can Space survive without a patio?  

1. 1. Can Space survive without a patio?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest endymion

Part of it I think a lot of people are basing the doom and gloom on is the fact that historically, clubs usually roll over for The Man.

Right. It's important to maintain perspective in terms of the relative significance of night clubs in the grand scheme of things.

Gay parties are a BLAST for a straight guy. Most of the women at gay boy parties are straight or bi, so the ratio of available women to straight men is off the charts compared to a 'straight' event. The women who you meet will instantly give you at least a little bit of extra credit just for being mature and open-minded and confident enough to be there. If you spend all night making eye contact with women instead of men then gay men can easily see that you're not interested. If a guy tries to catch your eye then just politely acknowledge him but don't make eye contact long enough to set off his gaydar. There will be no misunderstandings and nobody is going to grab your ass or anything. If you respect them then they will respect you.

Guest HouseJunkie

Part of it I think a lot of people are basing the doom and gloom on is the fact that historically, clubs usually roll over for The Man.

Right. It's important to maintain perspective in terms of the relative significance of night clubs in the grand scheme of things.

Gay parties are a BLAST for a straight guy. Most of the women at gay boy parties are straight or bi, so the ratio of available women to straight men is off the charts compared to a 'straight' event. The women who you meet will instantly give you at least a little bit of extra credit just for being mature and open-minded and confident enough to be there. If you spend all night making eye contact with women instead of men then gay men can easily see that you're not interested. If a guy tries to catch your eye then just politely acknowledge him but don't make eye contact long enough to set off his gaydar. There will be no misunderstandings and nobody is going to grab your ass or anything. If you respect them then they will respect you.

You are correct, in theory.

Guest coach

Anyone who thinks LP doesn't have a team of architects, engineers, and GC's locked away in a sealed vault designing a totally new rooftop club concept that addresses the noise issue and probably even steps it up a notch I think is a fool. The guy's got the money... and seems like the type who would want to face the challenge toe-to-toe. I expect the opposite of all this doom-and-gloom hypothesizing... I expect LP to come out ahead with a killer new club.

This is exactly what I was saying, Space will last as long as LP wants it to and until the city shuts the district down.

Guest pod

The city won't shut the entertainment district down. It is part of the whole CRA plan. The plan includes nightclubs, oddly enough. Whether they'll exist in the form we've come to know and love in the next few years, well, that's really up to us. Any major changes to the policy of the area most likely have to go for a hearing.

Guest endymion

Gay parties are a BLAST for a straight guy. Most of the women at gay boy parties are straight or bi, so the ratio of available women to straight men is off the charts compared to a 'straight' event.

And in practice. I'm a straight guy who lives in South Beach.

Straight women say that they go to gay events so that they don't get hit on by straight guys but really most of them there are still open to the flirting game. And no, random guys will not just grab your ass or anything.

Guest coach

The city won't shut the entertainment district down.

We'll see. You guys also told me, about 3 years ago, that they wouldn't build condos in that area, either.

Guest pod

Like I said, it's part of the master plan for the city. And, like I just said, whether it continues in it's current form, remains to be seen. The battle has realistically just begun.

Guest Orls

Gay parties are a BLAST for a straight guy. Most of the women at gay boy parties are straight or bi, so the ratio of available women to straight men is off the charts compared to a 'straight' event.

Straight women say that they go to gay events so that they don't get hit on by straight guys but really most of them there are still open to the flirting game. And no, random guys will not just grab your ass or anything.

This will def give my age away but - there has only been one club in South Florida that ever got mix of gay & straight people and that didnt last b/c the club totally became straight after a while. " BackStreets" up in Lauderdale. It was a great club with a killer vibe. In the end it couldnt maintain both the gay and straight crowd.

Guest RzO

i beg to differ, at the first DT party at twilo, as kelly and I were trying to make it to the bathroom, it happened to me, i turned around cause she was behind me, but had gotten stuck behind these 2 shirtless dudes as i was walking fast and the one dude winked at me after his act of groping, my gf a witness to it all, laughed at me for the rest of the night.

but it didnt really bother me as it was obvious to him that i was there with my gf, after the fact. one said, i should take that as a compliment, lol, although i did feel weird for a lil, the weirdness has now morphed into a funny story

i have since been there without incident :D

Guest RzO

Maybe your ass just looks better than mine, RzO. I've never had any misunderstandings.

well believe me i wish it wasnt, lol

just saying it can happen, but im not worried since im quite ok with myself

oh yah space can last!!!!! ;D

Guest RzO

egg fuckin zactly

i havent been to space for normal hours since wmc but before that the place was packed to the rafters when i would show up about 3-4 am. and then the terrace crowd comes an dits on again.

i noticed that this pat year when ive gone on regular resident nights that the place has been busier than ever, so to me that means something is going right for them afterhours or not

I get there around 3 usually and there's a significant line.

Pod, me being a former bouncer, and you being you, you know better than to quote the old "there is a line", because we both know why there are lines... The K man ain't stupid, he is from queens after all, sure he has to wash OG's car but he still runs a tight door, too bad those kids beat him up 2 years ago, he hasn't been the same since, has a wandering eye now.

Guest JMT

i dated a girl with a lazy eye once, but i had to break up with her. i kept thinking she was seeing someone else on the side.