Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space love thread.

Guest tekniQz

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattivi

maybe because january 15th 05' is very close to 2004? seriously i moved to miami in july of 04. i remember distinctly i lived here for a few months when i saw him that time. he dropped a remix of "ive got the pills" and the whole place must have jumped five feet in the air simultaneously, i thought the floor was going to cave in! crazy moment, one of the better ones ive had on the patio. im sure a search of the old threads would pull this up.

Guest lulamishka

this was the morning morillo played, dont remember the date...few years back tho

CIMG0343.jpg

CIMG0337.jpg

CIMG0336.jpg

CIMG0306.jpg

CIMG0310.jpg

maybe some of u will remember when this was...

lol believe it or not Diogo, but I believe I have a video YOU took that morning saved on my computer. I just checked the file and it says it was created on Sunday, January 16, 2005. LoL. If you don't have this video anymore, I'll be more than happy to upload it.

Guest pod

It was, I just checked Diogo's EXIF data on one of the images. He's probably one of the few people who sets the time on his digital camera.

Guest skywalker01

memories of old space are forever etched into my brain. spent many an early sunday morning there. no sprinklers but there were def. a few bartenders who were armed with waterguns and would spray the crowd from opposing sides.

a few other things i remember from the old space:

- those freakishly large parrots you could see off to the side

- the flags hanging down over the patio

- the "feel" of the old patio with trees, etc. and wood railings

- the sound you would hear repeatedly before the crowd was

cooled off with the cryogenic blasts

so many parties to remember as well, but the one that sticks out for me was DT during wmc (no idea which year) bangin' it out well into sunday afternoon and all the freaks with feathers in their head running around painting anyone who was willing with war paint and seeing hand made signs asking "are you tribal?" what a memorable mess!

Guest tekniQz

every single time i have gone.

although i have had some better than others, Space is one club that i have never had a bad time, it can't happen imo.

but every sander party since oct 03, (i been to them all, 13 i think @ space since then) especially 4/25/05, closed down the terrace with lawler rmx of bombdogs,(still watch the video i took!) and the one in nov of 04 when sander, roland and pete tong went crazy till way past noon when space would usually close about noon, fuck ill never forget that shit, it was from that day on i found the love of that sunny terrace!

first time i went to space was for the cooljunkie spin off in 04, the one diaga won, i remember looking around thinking, i found something good here, and its been history since then. i remember fondly the bad ass lazer that was shooting the cooljunkie logo and all sorts of crazy images all over the wall. and then i remember after diaga, OG! coming on, although i didnt know who he was, the first filtered build up, and that fucking horn, gsus, it seems like yesterday! i was sold, the lights, the sound, og and the horn, i didnt think it could ever get better (until i discovered the terrace, it didn't lol)

anyhow i could write for hours, but i gotta go back to work,

great thread zakdog, with all the negativity its nice to see that alot of us are serious about a club, because Space is soo much more than just another nightclub, it really is the whole aura that it has, the music, the lights, the dj's, and the PEOPLE, that make it a trademark and a gathering place. whether it lasts or not, i know i am glad i grew up when i did and where i did to be able to remember something that may never, ever, come again

i dont want to grow up, im a clubspacekid 8) lol

Hell ya Bruva.Sander,Morillo,Sanchez,Desyn,and Picotto never have missed these guys at the new Space and i have never been dissapointed.OG has been for me the staple of dirrrrrttttyyyyy sound in Miami,he like a fucking clock!!Love the OG!!

The toes for you...

P3270004.jpg

The feeling you get when your @SPACE!!!

walkenflying.gif

Guest tekniQz

this was the morning morillo played, dont remember the date...few years back tho

CIMG0343.jpg

CIMG0337.jpg

CIMG0336.jpg

CIMG0306.jpg

CIMG0310.jpg

maybe some of u will remember when this was...

One of the best parties ever!!!!!I was angry at first because of the line to get upstairs but when i got up i stayed alllllll daaayyy looonnnnggg!!+1 Wow that was a great party he dropped "Smells like teen spirit"!!Great track!Made the whole terrace mosh that morning!!Awww this is what i wanted with this thread, i knew that people had good memeories of Space so lets hope LP our fearless leader can hold on.So keep the good times going!!

Guest lulamishka

haha

wow

i dont even remember that video, i mean i kinda do now...thanks for posting michelle!

;)

;) no prob

• 1 month later...
Guest clubberdog

I never had a bad time @ Space.And believe me i spend a great amount of time at this place.

01/16.2005 1:58PM(Date and time Erick Morrillo video.) . some pics from the same day.

Crazy memory...Steve Lawler coment at his birthday after someone gave him a cake..."Thank's for rolling"...That was a great day,Lawler at his best...

609916459_a7c2f5dfc5.jpg?v=0609910331_52af10f30b.jpg?v=0

609914005_8420937c97.jpg?v=0609913877_de6971e8a8.jpg?v=0.Diego contact me.I lost your phone.And check this out everybody i hope it give you good memories. SPACE CLASS 2003/04

Guest MIAMIROCKSTAR

space is alsome i went to my first club @ space, threw my first all ages at space , threw my first 18+ at space threw my first 21+ at space i gotta say people talk shit about space staff but space launched my career in promotions and event management and made it what it is today cause of the staff that has helped me through out the years...marcus, kirk, richard, mike...everyone

space = ;D

Guest Orls

Deep Dish @ the old space

The year the new space opened during WMC

Oakey opend for Tiesto - Epic

Morillo for the Space closing party

Morillo Feb 07

Sorry dont have the years down for the first few. ;D ;D

Guest tekniQz

Deep Dish @ the old space

The year the new space opened during WMC

Oakey opend for Tiesto - Epic

Morillo for the Space closing party

Morillo Feb 07

Sorry dont have the years down for the first few. ;D ;D

Fuck!! The Morillo party in Feb was Bonkers!!!!!!!!I stayed all day and when i got home i looked at the time and it was like 6pm SILLY!!!hahaha

Guest klubveteran

working the door on opening night in April of 2000 <----- 8)

the 8 months or so prior to that night. the build up. the actual construction. the hype.

Oscars first night 4 months or so after and the building of that monster residency. (and only like 4 people including the bartender can say that since there was about 5 people in the club that night from 1-5am) did that change in a hurry!

the Patio on many many countless times.

Guest pod

N-Rod: Hey you wanna cut through here (VIP) so you don't bang up your gear?

Me: Sure! Nice to meet ya by the way.

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

New years at the old space patio

Meeting and hangin with a lot of my cj peeps, the beeeetches and being introduced to the destruction of the assasin WMC space patio morillo in 04..i have some great early pics of the crew from that morning..

My peluca party b-day....no sleep november of 05 outta hand!!

many destructive sanchez mornings till 3pm

My bday this year, eating chicken wings and cuban sandwiches dipped in Red bull vodaka for dipping sauce

One of the best halloweens ever, danny howells, i dressed like ali g, Apotheosis was the burger king king scaring people

Dancing in the puring rain in a monsoon with water up to my calfs while sanchez destroys the patio recently....that is one for the books!!! so many more....

i fucking love space!

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

Steve, you swam home that day.

i think i was too drunk to swim so i jumped on a taxi cab turned into a life raft that sailed me back to the beach.....