Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Cameo report...

V. Barbarino

First off I must say, I feel old when I go out, not physically but just over all of this.

Roll up midnightish, place is slammed, good turn out of sluts vs nuts.

Vice:

First off, Rudnick was the perfect choice for that room, he did a really great job, though I think eventually on Friday's there you are gonna have to move to open format dance. God can dj in that room with a killer house set but peeps interest in house is gone.

1. DJ booth, needs to be moved, such a dumb spot for it, clearly screams budget

2. You guys need to ditch the industrial look, what ass clown hot glued plexie glass all over the iron railings? Tacky!

3. Stripper pole tops need to go

4. The dolphins stadium stair wells are dumb, built the vip out over part of them. Or at least put canvas over them.

5. better lights for the stairs

6. Why do you have to go up stairs to go down the stairs?

5. Call Bobby Trendy, that place is way too industrial, you need a fags touch in there. You have a huge white curtain and it's just plain, put some glam on that shit yo!

Overall it's nice and you can't do a whole lot to that room unless you want to break out a wrecking ball and a few mill for structural engineers. It is what is it, just move the booth and fag the place out with some bobby trendy touches and you got a winner. However I'm not sure where I'd put the booth.

Main room:

Didn't spend much time in there, but I do like it a lot, they obviously put thought into it, they knew dance clubs are done like culpepper, so they made it a lounge/club. I think they have a winner with it, no huge glaring problems except i'm not a fan of the industrial look with all the leds and shit, I liked Mansions decor much better.

But what I can tell you is, pure edm in there won't work, sure one off big jocks will do well, but a weekly with local residents will not work, house is just done...

I was pretty much bored the whole night, I rather go to bars or concerts, the music doesn't appeal to me any more. I was actually thinking sitting there thinking to myself, you know it would kick ass right about now if Ruddy tossed on some Billy Joel or pink floyd...

Dave has stepped his A game up, big events coming up, but I'd like him to book bands and atleast try it, no not cover bands, we aren't there just yet, but real B level bands, just don't blow the crowd away with the noise level..

Speaking of noise level, one of the reasons I stopped going out was because I was worried about my hearing, no I haven't noticed wrong with my ears, but last night in the booth, ruddy had it so loud I had to leave the booth which shows me I made the right choice by not going out anymore. Peeps, protect your shit, we ain't 21 any more.

good seeing the stunads out, even Rolly P.

good review but

"but peeps interest in house is gone."

you def were not at rain last nite ;)

how many times has rain closed? 39572398457 times! Bling get over it, you move from club to club to club, once one dies you move on, but if you think about it, zero of the clubs you hang at are around more than 6 months.

Guest deprivation

Nice review and funny comment about house from God not going over well if he played. Was it the crowd wanting to hear Fergie, Justin Timberlake, etc.? At least the women were hot?

Guest Satan

gotta say i like this review overall, that and, you're basically as old as you feel dude.

agree with you on some style points, and personally

i hate that the dancefloor has been downsized 'for a more intimate feel"..... it's also the reason the dj booth is where it is. (well, that and probably budget)

dance music will always exist in one form or another, it will just continue to evolve, much like yourself. It's not ever really done....it's really that you're bored.

You sound more down than usual.

Get on some prozac get out a little more and enjoy.

Or don't.

PS. when God Dj's he spins minimal west coast breaks, and no one really likes that shit anymore anyway.

I really don't know what the crowd wants except they want a little bite of everything. Just a few years ago, we had radio and cds were 20 bucks, so you usually pigeon holed yourself into one or 2 genres, now we all have ipods with 5000 songs from 34985732489 genres, and I think this is evident in the club crowds. People aren't house heads, or metal heads or hip hopsters anymore, we have 200 satellite radio stations and a 100 gig hard drives strapped to our balls.

So what do people want? That Dj ire last night, played the old put your hands up in the air (a house track) into Michael Jackson into more hip hop. Signs of the times? Remember the old space hip hop room, it was hardcore hip hop, but now even hip hop is blending with other genres.

I had a convo with Buster a while back about "Jack" radio over in Naples, he told me it's only 1 of 2 in the country or some shit like that, well I think it's the future.

what is jack radio? click here

Guest 0crystal0
but now even hip hop is blending with other genres.

I heard children of the sky the other day on Power 96!! twice in like an hour which means its on their heavy rotation. they kept talking about how its the new hit at the clubs. HA!

Guest Ariel

I heard children of the sky the other day on Power 96!! twice in like an hour which means its on their heavy rotation. they kept talking about how its the new hit at the clubs. HA!

its new to the non edm heads...which is cool cause it exposes them to the music.

Guest 0crystal0

its new to the non edm heads...which is cool cause it exposes them to the music.

don't get me wring i am all for it. just caught me off guard

Guest addictedtospace

don't get me wring i am all for it. just caught me off guard

I heard Elektro on Mega 94.9 just the other day during the afternoon rush hour.

Guest dgrutman

so not only irie but mr. mauricio has also been playing house sets during the night now. both of them along with dj am who they all look up to is playing less hip hop and more 80's, house and rock with some hip hop in there. really strange to see irie and mauricio playing house but the crowd loves it. of course its not any new house stuff its always the same house tracks like bob sinclar and david guetta. still great to see then of course they go into a remix of neil diamond caroline and then to a hip hop track. the music these guys are playing is all over the place. its to get people going so now that everyone knows the words to world hold on and love generation its like playing a classic.

Guest dancefloored

10'sq. dance floor like mansion's dance floor when I used to go....gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbage!

but it wont stop me from gettin out on a sunday night for madeinmiami

Guest Untouchable Chino

Drove by and saw Benny Benassi on the marquee @ Cameo last night . ???

How was it ?

you must mean MANSION...benny benassi was playing last night at MANSION..i heard it was really good..but CAMEO last night..one word..INSANE..

so not only irie but mr. mauricio has also been playing house sets during the night now. both of them along with dj am who they all look up to is playing less hip hop and more 80's, house and rock with some hip hop in there. really strange to see irie and mauricio playing house but the crowd loves it. of course its not any new house stuff its always the same house tracks like bob sinclar and david guetta. still great to see then of course they go into a remix of neil diamond caroline and then to a hip hop track. the music these guys are playing is all over the place. its to get people going so now that everyone knows the words to world hold on and love generation its like playing a classic.

Ace, first off, show a little respect to my man Neil, it's Sweet Caroline! Not just Caroline. Love Neil, college kids ate his shit up in my day and yes, I will be the guy requesting Kentucky Women next time I'm at Cameo! ;D Remember in High school High when the dude mixes Rhine Stone Cowboy, shit was tight yo!

I'm glad you posted this, it confirms what I was thinking about where music is going and I think it's a positive evolution, like I always say, if guys like Oscar are that good with only edm music, imagine what they could do playing open format!!!

I'm telling you, OG can throw it down nasty with open format, I've seen him do it, dude was on fire. I'd let OG loose one Saturday night in there.

BTW, for the club operators who will read this, interestingly the only genre of music that increased sales in 06 when separated from hip hop was R&B... Who da thunk it??? Bling Bling hip hop is as dead as house imho.

Good times Fri night, hanging out with Nick(saleen), Mr. Rudnick, Joey, Rolly, Ariel n his girl, Pat, Carlos & his girl, and all those hot bitches in that club... :o

The girl to guy ratio was at its best.

My first night @ Cameo/Vice. I liked the mainfloor lay out as the venue is a bit more upscale.

I also believe the stripper poles gotta go, looks a bit out of place, and no one wants to see 14 year high schoolers dancing like sluts on the pole, at least i dont. There's one thing to be sexy and another to be slutty, those type of bitches will never understand.

Guest ezgoing74

Im surprise to read this post from you Mr Mod.

A bit disrespectful.

But I like you anyway.

Very few girls in Miami can discern the difference. Most are too busy bent over in some direction or another.