Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rumor Mill: Jonathan Peters at Gryphon Memorial Day Weekend!

V. Barbarino

Guest Orls

make sure u take a towel to wipe ur self from all the shirtless sweaty roided out meatheads. lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mayor

make sure u take a towel to wipe ur self from all the shirtless sweaty roided out meatheads. lol

Fortunately at Gryphon

This wont happen

trust me

Guest Buck White

I've never heard him, the whole guido thing usually keeps me away, but I am kind of interested to hear him for myself.

trust me when I say if gudios werent getting ass they wouldn't be gudios... they would find a different style. my point is, chicks dig it and you should go, the party is a throw back to the old days when clubs were wild.

Oh come on, Buttermaker. I've seen debonair crackheads...that get ass. These "gudios" ( is that the old country spelling? ) need to put down the hair gel....and pick up a decent book.

Guest myles hie

saw JP one time in nyc, back in the sound factory II heyday.

+1

It was fun until he played a 30 min mega mix of Amber's "Sexual". At that point i threw up my overpriced disco biscuit and went to see Joey Beltram rock it proper at some other club.

Guest Major

Heard him play at Shelbourne during conference. I'm not gonna comment on how and what he was playing. Most of you who have been around know he's in the same category as Boris and Peter Rauhofer. He does have a cult following in NY though.

Have fun Bling!

Guest pod

He's one of the best-compensated DJs in the world right now, so he's apparently got an audience somewhere.

Guest Major

I know they were trying to blow him up during conference, so they can push him in Europe and Ibiza this summer. Nobody knows who he is outside of NY.

Guest Buck White

He's one of the best-compensated DJs in the world right now, so he's apparently got an audience somewhere.

Well if the rumor mill is correct....he would get points on the Sound Factory door. And it's been estimated that 3 to 5 thousand people would filter through there each and every Saturday. The door was 30-35 dollars consistently....for years. So even at 5 dollars a head.......damn.

Amber ? hahahah. Yeah J.P. has an affinity for those Kristine W. style anthems. He's admitted those are his favorite types of tracks. He's a great D.J. It's just....he's doesnt play "so great" outside of N.Y.C.

Guest pod

Barbarino can back me up on this but he makes a mint and yet he never leaves New York.

Now he's apparently trying to branch out.

Guest Cosmigonon

he's in the same category as Boris and Peter Rauhofer.

Really???? :o :o :o

OK I'm sold. I'm checking him out for real... 8)

Guest pod

I know it's not a lot of you guys' ball of wax, but if it takes gigs by JP to keep dance music alive in South Florida, then so be it. Can't be picky these days and only book obscure acts.

Guest RzO

very similar to boris, so u will prolly like

i know every dj can have a bad day, but the 2 sets i heard from him, one @ gg last yr, and then @ space for the myspace thing, were my definition of pots and pans. im sure that in his SF days he was a force to be reckoned with.

although as mentioned the guy makes BANK, that is known, but so does tiesto, and we don't need to start that discussion, except for the fact that i am happy that dance music gets booked, i don't give a shit if i like it or not, its better than hip-hop, and if the people dance, drink, and like it, better for each of us!

the way i look at it is the scene is definitely fragmented and although music heads will go to certain shows, as a whole any support is good in my book. i mean if i wasn't gonna be out of town and lived closer to there i would pop my head in to give him another chance. i can't deny that i still love me some 4/4!

Guest Major

Josh, pull yourself together mate.

Guest pod

So what if he wants to go see JP, is it a cardinal sin? JP isn't quite my type of party, but I'm not gonna declare a jihad on those who would check him out. Heck, I might be up that way anyway, and would consider poking my head in to see what the hubbub is about.

Guest Major

I just don't understand why people settle for bottom of the barrel in this town. When we do get decent talent come through town, the room is half empty.

Guest RzO

I just don't understand why people settle for bottom of the barrel in this town. When we do get decent talent come through town, the room is half empty.

for the same reason that hip-hop makes a ton of money

the populous are not there for the music, they are there for the trend, what is cool at the time. capitalism at its best.

at least we still get our shows, and because of the former it allows the others to be booked, as long as the money is made elsewhere to cover, if thats the way it has to be, then it will, right dan, hehe ;D

Guest pod

I've written doctoral dissertations on this topic more times than I care to admit. If they offered doctorates on this subject, I'd be teaching the class as a guest lecturer, have a posh University-provided condo in Coral Gables, and a lax teaching schedule where I only do an hour of real work per day, and spend the rest of the time authoring books, sailing on the UM yacht, and just pondering the universe.

And as for the room being half empty? Who's fault is that? Someone bothers to book the DJs, and none of yous show up unless it's at some hole in the wall so you can feel special and "underground". How dare the masses even think about showing up to an "underground" event. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I've seen too many DJs get booked in this town and never come back since the so-called music contingent is too finicky to show up, since it's not "their" specific DJ.

Need I go on about how as little as five years ago, there was much more support regardless of genre. I'd catch the most hardcore trainspotter out at the most commercial dance music event, since well, it was something fun to do, and it was supporting the dance scene as a whole. Doesn't happen nowadays.

Then said promoter/club goes back to booking the Top Ten since they know they've got an instant slam dunk with those guys.

There's a test next week. Graduates are more than welcome to come over to the condo and have some drinks after the ceremony.

Guest Cosmigonon

You're just fucking with us, right? ???

What's decent to you may not be decent for me and vice versa. I know you like your intergalactic space age beats, but I happen to LOVE POTS AND PANS, so who are you to determine what's decent or not? Even more so between two very different specific sub-genres.

I thought you'd know better by now... :'(