Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rumor Mill: Jonathan Peters at Gryphon Memorial Day Weekend!

V. Barbarino

Guest myles hie

I'm not talking about that, what I'm referring to is the prevalence of local venues and promoters who throw their cousin Ricky on the decks because he's got a laptop and steals music all day. I'd rather give JP a chance than put up with that.

Thats where our thoughts differ. While cousin Ricky might not specfically not be the future, the concept is. JP is most certainly not.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

JP might be the future, or at least his performance method might. Saintjohn did a detailed article for CSI on his systems, and it's out of this world. Whether he uses it to it's full potential, I'll reserve judgment until I hear what he does.

Guest pod

It's the way things are gonna go. I forgot that he can coordinate a live band through his setup these days. That'd be something to see, if only even from a tech level.

Guest myles hie

Cool stuff, great concepts, but i'm its still going to be the same style of music that he is known for. A golden turd is still a turd.

Guest rcpimp

Talk about a hater....are you sure you're not just upset bc he's accomplished more in a Saturday night at Sound Factory than you have in your entire life or what

Guest RzO

He is bringing his portable booth

oh yah that wench named samantha ;D

ill give him one thing, when it comes to producing and studio work he is awesome. i remember @ gg i got back stage while he was on, and although im not too fond of his sound, watching him on the samantha setup was very cool, he definitely is an insanely talented guy

i have a vid i took like 2 feet behind him somewhere. alot of stuff going on up there!

I love the word "hater" and how it's used these days.

I know many people that are not into tribal, i know they are not "hating" it's just their personal taste, and i respect that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Don't take offense to what someone has to say about a dj, im on NCC and there are plenty of people in NY who are not all into JP as much as the ones that praise him and follow him around the country.

I've been to Jp's parties and always had a good time, than again the women to men ratio was superb! Since im not a music engineer nor do I spin tracks, it's hard to tell what's really going on behind that booth, as long as the music is good, and the women ratio is high, i know it will be a good party.

There are quite a few guidos in sfl, not as much as ny/nj, but ive seen a ton, they usually come out to these type of events, since not everyone including myself is not into electro as much as the rest of the population. Again, not "hating", just a personal preference.

Guest pod

What I've seen in regards to JP is that a lot of people tend to hate on him due to the Guido component. While yeah, the Guidos do have their downsides, at least they're into dance music and they're spending some money at the bar.

Guest rcpimp

Its true everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when you call any accomplished dj such as himself and his work "golden turd" thats pushing it just slightly...learn to give respect where its due. I may not like certain djs but I definitely respect them enough not to call their hard work crap...

Guest myles hie

Talk about a hater....are you sure you're not just upset bc he's accomplished more in a Saturday night at Sound Factory than you have in your entire life or what

Whoop whoop its the JP police!!!

I'm saying his discography and his style to me is crap, i dont enjoy his music. It's as simple as that. I can appreciate what he is doing with the technology, but if he is going to be doing the same stuff than to me its fruitless.