Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LP to buy twilo??

Guest hiram

Guest hiram

heard twilo couldnt pay the bills and LP is taking over the joint making it some sort of Space annex. anyone know how much truth is behind this? my guess is not much. just throwing it out there

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mr.miami

Twilo has been only doing the saturdays thing that I know of. Maybe if more people show up on saturday night they can have money to do more stuff. Hell you can even drop in for just a few hours it wont kill you.

Guest coach

Makes you wonder what business school these cats attended. ???

Ouch! Didn't they come from NYC?

twilo has been broke since they opened, thus why fridays tanked, they had no money to promote it. However I hear zero about LP working with them, it makes absolutely no sense whats so ever for him to buy them, lease them etc.

LP knows DTs career in Miami is crap without Space, so it's DT who gets hurt by their cat fight. I side with LP on the DT issue, fuck em, you don't need him anymore, Roger and Erick crushed DT in earning power years ago and drawing power.

LP has only one strategic move to make and he's too proud to make it unless he thinks they will be gone soon and that is Biz's LC party. LP needs Noc to collapse asap and by throwing money at Biz it may save a ton of money in the long run. Without Biz Noc is done like the dishes man!

Biz and LP will soon need each other, I suspect eventually they'll kiss and make up. Biz ain't shit without a patio on a Friday or Saturday, none of his parties outside of a crack fest Sunday have worked without a patio and LP knows this and biz knows this. Once Noc is close to being shut down, Biz will bail and probably go to Space, it's his only option of future success. However, LP won't give him Space fridays, LP knows he has to limit his patio to only one night a week.

but Biz also knows once noc is gone, LP would fire his ass... so all if this is just bs... :)

Guest Buck White

Seemingly. I mean...I don't know the people personally or anything....but I just find the whole thing....bizarre. I guess they just want to do the gay thing...but they can't even get that right. I know people want to go on and on about DJ's costing this and that....but if other clubs, in Miami, are bringing DJ's in....Twilo's legacy is such that, even if unable to afford it ( which is strange if they can't ) you would think they would/could work with Twilo to make something happen. I mean...Tenaglia doesnt even command and up-front fee...he splits the door with them. But....as many of you have stated, and I'm slowly beginning to realize, Miami could give two f*cks about DJ so and so. Everyone has much more fun paying 300 dollars for a 20 dollar bottle...and pretending they're blue bloods for the night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility

Guest mr.miami

I find it hard to believe that they would even bother staying open if they weren't making any money over there. I went there around 3 am last week and it was pretty packed. To my surprise I had the opportunity to meet 2 female strippers and had a great night.

Guest myles hie

and I'm slowly beginning to realize, Miami could give two f*cks about DJ so and so. Everyone has much more fun paying 300 dollars for a 20 dollar bottle...and pretending they're blue bloods for the night.

You have come to a sad realization, deny or allow?

Guest 4040

From what i hear nocturnal has been doing real good in the past months. They are also taking the proper measures to fix the patio in order to comply with the noise issue.

Guest Buck White

and I'm slowly beginning to realize, Miami could give two f*cks about DJ so and so. Everyone has much more fun paying 300 dollars for a 20 dollar bottle...and pretending they're blue bloods for the night.

What is that....some kind of riddle ?

Guest redman

isnt it all the pajaros that led to there decline from the get go??? DT wouldnt help this place take off even if he was a weekly sat resident!!!! I was there for his show one, and I literally wanted to set the place on fire on how boring it was!!!

LP should not have any interst in buying, and if anyone buys they will flop too!!!

Guest DJZane

the space patio is opening fridays according to very reliable sources and there will be a party on fridays with all 3 rooms at space starting june 1st soo get ready

Guest hiram

the rumor i heard was not of LP buying the twilo space and continue to operate as twilo.. but to add it on as another room to space. pretty far fetched but whatever. and space tried the friday thing recently and it didnt look like it worked out. theyre better off keeping the noise comming from the patio to one night. 2 nights may get too unbarable for the nearby residents

Guest sfgrl

I have a feeling Space will become a full time hip hop club and Twilo will be LP's space to bring outside house dj's.

Guest djjoncowan

Seemingly. I mean...I don't know the people personally or anything....but I just find the whole thing....bizarre. I guess they just want to do the gay thing...but they can't even get that right. I know people want to go on and on about DJ's costing this and that....but if other clubs, in Miami, are bringing DJ's in....Twilo's legacy is such that, even if unable to afford it ( which is strange if they can't ) you would think they would/could work with Twilo to make something happen. I mean...Tenaglia doesnt even command and up-front fee...he splits the door with them. But....as many of you have stated, and I'm slowly beginning to realize, Miami could give two f*cks about DJ so and so. Everyone has much more fun paying 300 dollars for a 20 dollar bottle...and pretending they're blue bloods for the night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility

just fyi - the actual twilo had 3 partners.... this one is owned solely by one. the other two now run MADE events and INTEGRAL sound.... - both hugely successful - its really ashame that the twilo name couldn't just go down as one of the best clubs in the USA as the one in NY was... guess great is never enough for some...

Guest mr.miami

Ok this is real sucky. I hit twilo around 2:30am and there were only about 30 people in the whole building. Hell they didnt even charge me to get in. I stayed till 3:30 and a crowd hadnt picked up.So before you hit up space drop by twilo to check it out next weekend or something. Just ask them if they are charging up front. That is really the worst turn out ive ever seen there.

Guest Davenavarro10

I have no idea how that place is still open. I remember going there on opening nite, and was not impressed with the place or with the turn-out at all. Usually if a place lets people in for free like that on a Saturday nite it means the end is near.

Guest lulamishka

What is that....some kind of riddle ?

VuqZ8AqmLPY

Guest dj ali b

hmmm, if lp does purchase twilo I wonder if that will give them the real upperhand on digging nocturnal's grave faster than anticipated?