Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pan's Labrynith out on DVD this Tues(May 15th)

Bling

Guest cire

I was expecting more fantasy from what I heard and how they promoted it. I saw it for the first time last week and was very disappointed. I thought the movie blew. At least if I had known only maybe 10 to 15 minutes of the movie was actually going to show the cool fantasy shit. They could have done way more...

I did like the smashing in of the guys face though. Had to watch that a couple times...OUCH!

Guest xbbdc

I was expecting more fantasy from what I heard and how they promoted it. I saw it for the first time last week and was very disappointed. I thought the movie blew. At least if I had known only maybe 10 to 15 minutes of the movie was actually going to show the cool fantasy shit. They could have done way more...

I did like the smashing in of the guys face though. Had to watch that a couple times...OUCH!

somewhat agree. it sounded like it was going to be more fantasy then anything else with them saying something like an adult fantasy movie blah blah blah!!! wtffffffff i wanted to see more of the guy who ate the fairies and other creatures but nooooo.. anyway, without all the fantasy hype it was done very well.

Guest lyrik

One of the most strangely, beautiful movies I have seen. I have no complaints...what great film making this was - with a nice subtle historical backdrop A++

One of the most strangely, beautiful movies I have seen. I have no complaints...what great film making this was - with a nice subtle historical backdrop A++

;) love this movie its so weird..... love love love that haunting lullaby theme song.......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest swirlundergrounder

I saw it laat night. Wow what a great movie.

It was not at all what I expected.

I really liked how they told a violent story though the eyes of a little girls immagination.

I also had no idea is was a Spanish film with English subtitles.

Guest funky monkey

such a beautiful movie!! saw it this weekend and am sorry I waited so long to do so. great story, well written, excellent special effects...so different!...it was much better than I expected (and I had high expectations). I highly recommend this one!

Guest LeVeL

Saw this movie this weekend and I have to say that it was a nice story but I was really disappointed, I expected more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marina22

Saw it on Thursday night and even though I had seen most of the stuff, fantasy, in the HBO first look I liked it. Have to watch it again cause I dozed a bit. So yeah, not as much fantasy as it could have been and slow at times too. The thing is the mood was set through the reality the little girl underwent and then the fantasy adds to the gothic style. When we watched it we kept sayin' "this little girl has balls" but that would also come from her living with a Fascist for a stepdad. The casting was great and I have seen and liked both of the main female actors. A

Guest lyrik

Still think this movie was one of the best I have seen of the last year. If you're looking for some glitzyt film...it wont do...but it was just so beautilfully produced and the story telling with historical backdrop was great. This without a doubt gets 4 stars from me.