Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CJ FOODIE MEETUP - Saturday June 23

Guest lulamishka

Guest lulamishka

There seems to be some confusion with this event, so I want to clarify things...

This is NOT the CJ BBQ that is tentatively being planned right now for July 7th at Hobe Beach.

This is the 1st Food Junkies meetup at a restaurant that happens to be a BBQ joint.

------------------------------------------------------

So here's the deal...

Who: The CJ Foodies! And whoever else is hungry & likes a good time

What: Our first meetup!

Where: Bar-B-Que Beach Bar & Restaurant @ 1555 Washinton Avenue, South Beach, 305-538-7201

When: June 23 @ 2pm

Why: 'Cause we love food & a good time!

*****Everyone, please bring CASH to pay for what you're eating & drinking, so its a lot easier when the bill comes around. This isn't a comp'd event. :P*****

Good morning, my fellow CJ Foodies!

To get right down to business... I propose (after receiving some requests :)) that we have our first CJ Foodie meetup!

Now, in another thread there was some interest in several of us checking out that Beach BBQ place on South Beach. So what do you say we meet up there?! I'm thinkin' Saturday, June 16 or Saturday, June 23. And, ya know, we'll hang out, eat, talk shit, yadda yadda yadda... have a good time, basically!

So who's interested? And is the 16th or the 23rd better for you?

--------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If you have a better idea of a place to meet up, either for now or in the future, PM me & let me know! The only guideline I think I'll set is that it be on the less expensive side. I.e. no Nobu or Barton G suggestions, for example, in an effort to allow more people to be able to join us. Also, a place that is relatively good for groups.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Devilicious

If I am free I will certainly be there :)

It's like the AA meetings we used to have, except they're FA meetings now!

Guest lulamishka

If I am free I will certainly be there :)

It's like the AA meetings we used to have, except they're FA meetings now!

Hahaha, true! Hey, we need another AA meeting sometime soon! It's summertime and Wet Willies is calling!

Guest coach

Heck, at Beach BBQ we can do a combo AA + FA! Check the drink specials listed in my original post on it.

Guest lulamishka

Heck, at Beach BBQ we can do a combo AA + FA! Check the drink specials listed in my original post on it.

True dat!

Guest lulamishka

2pm?

make it a later afternoon thinguie .. then i'll take you guys for some drinks and good music at Cafeteria ...

I'm keeping it to the 2pm time.

We're defeating the purpose of this meetup if we are to move it to a later time just so we can have drinks & good music at club/bar/lounge XYZ. This is a food junkies meetup. If its going to be about Cafeteria and having drinks & good music, then what's the point of me putting a food junkies meetup together?

It's about the meal. Not the music (for once, lol). And the good company.

If anyone wants to stick around for Cafeteria later that night, then by all means please do.

2pm?

make it a later afternoon thinguie .. then i'll take you guys for some drinks and good music at Cafeteria ...

I'm keeping it to the 2pm time.

We're defeating the purpose of this meetup if we are to move it to a later time just so we can have drinks & good music at club/bar/lounge XYZ. This is a food junkies meetup. If its going to be about Cafeteria and having drinks & good music, then what's the point of me putting a food junkies meetup together?

It's about the meal. Not the music (for once, lol). And the good company.

If anyone wants to stick around for Cafeteria later that night, then by all means please do.

jeesh!

excuse me for trying to extend an invitation .. cause it was just that .. i thought having drinks and music after a nice dinner was a good treat ::)

i'll stay out if it then

Guest coach

Eh, if any of the mainlanders want to hang about, bring a change of clothes. You can change at our place. Go to the beach for a while, do a little shopping, then hit up Cafeteria.

Guest lulamishka

Turns out the 23rd is good for us, too! See you all there! Bring a big appetite!

Yay! :)