Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why DJ Hova will always be a loser

Guest JustDade

Guest JustDade

So a friend of his reached out to me with this PM after the back-and-forth in the Dt thread:

What up m8!

much respect for being in the club community for such a long time and still trying to make a defference! Keep on trucking !

Look, I know I am relatively new on the Miami circuit, but I've been around the block a time or two all over the world - try not to be so negative - I really believe that at the bottom of his heart, Nova, is a really great guy - he is just a bit frustrated thats all - cut him some slack be a bigger man !

lets keep the peace !

Igor

Sounds like a nice guy. So I replied:

Look....I don't know the guy. I made some comments defending our scene in response to Danny T's attacks. Nelson was the one who jumped in and was rude to me....

At the end of the day, he has no clue what he's talking about but still has the nerve to call me a liar. I usually have no problem being the bigger man but he crossed the line. I don't need to lie.....I actually have the history to back it up.

The funny thing is that I am working on producing several major techno shows in the next year and I'm the guy he decided to be an asshole to. I've ALWAYS included locals in my events and will continue to do so but I don't think he'll make the roster.

I appreciate your effort and don't mean any disrespect but as I said, he crossed a line and should be a man and apologize. But I won't hold my breath.

The I get this PM this morning:

I am Nova, You have no idea what you are talking about, you are a liar, and your track record is weak ...again, don't include me in your shows, I don't care ...YOU are the one mssing out NOT me.

Once I stopped laughing my ass off I decided that it should be posted here for all to enjoy.

I would like to now reply.......

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 4040

I know dj Nova is passionate with his music but he did cross the line. I believe he is just frustrated because he is busting his ass trying to bring something a little more underground and the turnouts are not that great. I actually took dj nova to his first rave(i don't if he remembers me) and I can say that he is a good guy.

As for Dade, I'm sure i've been to your events and would like to say keep up the good work because without people like you the scene would probably be dead.

Guest myles hie

Everyone who doesn't like the status quo for music in Miami is frustrated. Is that reason for them to act like an ass? No. You do on of these things..

Deal with it.

Figure a way to work yourself in.

Wait for the next wave of nightlife trends.

leave or don't participate.

anything else and your going to lose your mind or become bitter and jaded. Miami and its music/club scene is what it is, like it or not. DJ's are a dime a dozen and all you have is your rep, why screw with that?

Guest JustDade

I also find his attitude a bit disingenuous. If one Djs for the pure love of the music, as he claims he does, why does it matter if one plays the "Big Club?" Shouldn't the love be enough?

I will say here for all to hear that much of what I have done in this business, if not most, was done for money. Do I love the music? Sure I do. Do I like one genre more than another? Sure I do. Did that ever stop me from producing shows in genres that were not necessarily my favorite? Hell no.

The truth is that he's bitter because he's not getting paid and DJs that he thinks are less than him are getting paid. He's bitter because his events are underattended and events he considers lesser are packed.

NEWSFLASH......It's not my fault your career has gone nowhere. Don't blame me.

Guest JustDade

Dade, did he set up a duplicate account expressly for the purposes of fucking with you?

???

Guest Mattivi

Has anyone had the new bacon swiss burger at Wendys??Its really good. ;D

i was always a big fan of the "Big Dave's Classic". wendys makes a hell of a burger. ;D

Guest karenmartin

So a friend of his reached out to me with this PM after the back-and-forth in the Dt thread:

What up m8!

much respect for being in the club community for such a long time and still trying to make a defference! Keep on trucking !

Look, I know I am relatively new on the Miami circuit, but I've been around the block a time or two all over the world - try not to be so negative - I really believe that at the bottom of his heart, Nova, is a really great guy - he is just a bit frustrated thats all - cut him some slack be a bigger man !

lets keep the peace !

Igor

Sounds like a nice guy. So I replied:

Look....I don't know the guy. I made some comments defending our scene in response to Danny T's attacks. Nelson was the one who jumped in and was rude to me....

At the end of the day, he has no clue what he's talking about but still has the nerve to call me a liar. I usually have no problem being the bigger man but he crossed the line. I don't need to lie.....I actually have the history to back it up.

The funny thing is that I am working on producing several major techno shows in the next year and I'm the guy he decided to be an asshole to. I've ALWAYS included locals in my events and will continue to do so but I don't think he'll make the roster.

I appreciate your effort and don't mean any disrespect but as I said, he crossed a line and should be a man and apologize. But I won't hold my breath.

The I get this PM this morning:

I am Nova, You have no idea what you are talking about, you are a liar, and your track record is weak ...again, don't include me in your shows, I don't care ...YOU are the one mssing out NOT me.

Once I stopped laughing my ass off I decided that it should be posted here for all to enjoy.

I would like to now reply.......

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha.

omg this dj should just stfu

Guest Vitaliy

Frustrated? Yes. Loser? No. And I can understand what Nova's going through. He's invested lots of time and some money into what he believes would make a change in this town and his career. He's been DJing for a while and has organized parties, couple of which I have attended, but doesn't see the results. While I applaud his passion and drive, I think what he's not noticing is that there is more to being successful than mixing 2 records together and having great looking flyers with your name on them. There are planning and setting goals (should be more than setting a date, playing music, and then getting your cut from bar sales), networking (which extends beyond booking a local DJ who will spam on myspace for 2 weeks and bring a total of 14 people), actual promotion (calling 5 of your friends and bumping your thread on a CJ won't cut it, we all know it), marketing (FFS quit using term 'techno' as a theme and use 'hot chicks and open bar' instead and you'll be surprised what the turnout will be. While most people associate techno with dark boring beats with drugged up weirdos nodding their heads in front of the booth, those same people associate hot chicks with... well, hot chicks. And free liquor always helps. When I go out to a club I wanna be entertained, not educated. After 3 rounds of drinks you can play polka backwards and I'll still have a blast as long as there is good vibe and I'm surrounded by good looking crowd. Don't you hate waking up the next day thinking how music was good but you hardly enjoyed yourself because the venue or the crowd were blah instead of dancing your ass off to whatever and going home with a female or two (which, by the way, is the main reason why most single dudes even go to clubs)).

Guest coach

Please, the Bacon Cheeseburger Supreme at Jack-In-The-Box is SO much better. AND YOU ARE A COMPLETE LOSER FOR LIKING THE WRONG KIND OF HAMBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest yume

Please, the Bacon Cheeseburger Supreme at Jack-In-The-Box is SO much better. AND YOU ARE A COMPLETE LOSER FOR LIKING THE WRONG KIND OF HAMBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! :) People like different shit. Saying the shit you like is better than the shit someone else likes is ignorant and close-minded. Talking down to people who have the power to get you gigs is not very smart either. Acting respectful and inviting them to check you out is smarter.

And Teddy's in Hawaii has the best burgers anywhere! Their "Special Sauce" is magic. :D

Guest RzO

In & Out Burger

Fugetaboutit

best ever!

ill a take a 4x4 with those yummy cut fries ;D

next time im out west im gonna try to put down a 5x5! :o