Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Street level photos on Google Maps.

Guest pod

Guest endymion

Wow now that is amazing. I just peeked right into my bedroom window with Google. A little scary maybe?

Apparently Microsoft is doing something like this too? I drove along behind a truck that had camera pods and laser distance range finders pointed in every direction about a year ago. It was driving over the Julia Tuttle. Had "Microsoft Live" logos all over it.

Guest Electric Eel

Wow now that is amazing. I just peeked right into my bedroom window with Google. A little scary maybe?

Apparently Microsoft is doing something like this too? I drove along behind a truck that had camera pods and laser distance range finders pointed in every direction about a year ago. It was driving over the Julia Tuttle. Had "Microsoft Live" logos all over it.

I just drove behind a truck like that about 2 weeks ago in Doral

Guest michael^heaven

Basically the same as the Beta radar on weather.com. A bit more clear though. I can't see my house for sh#t! Trees, trees everywhere.

Guest pod

Opera needs to fix their shit so it works with google..

Yep. Google's stuff pretty much works anywhere, so in this case, it's Opera doing something wrong.

Guest endymion

This Google feature uses a bunch of CSS "positioning" tricks that still don't work the same in every browser. A lot of Google's apps have the same kinds of problems.

From Google? Or Microsoft? I was wondering the whole time if that meant that I would show up in the pictures, and you can definitely see the cars in front and behind the Google truck.

Guest Electric Eel

This Google feature uses a bunch of CSS "positioning" tricks that still don't work the same in every browser. A lot of Google's apps have the same kinds of problems.

From Google? Or Microsoft? I was wondering the whole time if that meant that I would show up in the pictures, and you can definitely see the cars in front and behind the Google truck.

Microsoft

I smiled and waved just in case, lol

Guest endymion

Haha I thought about that too.

This "Traffic" feature is starting to get interesting as we approach 5 PM. The grey areas are where it has no data. The green areas mean traffic is moving faster than 50 MPH. Yellow means 25 - 50 MPH. Red means under 25 MPH.

They need a legend, I had to look all of that up. But that's what it means. Now you can watch I-95 turn red in real time during rush hour! If that's reliable information then it could be really useful.

Guest ILLMATIC

Wow, I saw the truck today on my way home from work In Kendall.

That Street View part is out of hand. You can see my driveway with no problem. LOL

Guest RzO

this is freaking awesome

im looking at the space terrace u can tell the pic was before the pre wmc wall. lol

even further there is someone standing outside of twilo on a phone under a huge danny tenaglia banner that says thanksgiving weekend, as well as cedric's experiment billboard when it was up.

i wonder how often these photos will update?

Guest pod

I would think it varies. In built up areas, they'll do it once every couple of years, but with someplace like Downtown Miami, it wouldn't surprise me if they send a truck out again in less than a year.

i got google maps on my blackberry, one of the greatest tools i've ever used. was just in chicago & milwaukee this past weekend, did a ton of driving, back & forth (they're about 1 1/2 hours apart). didn't need anyone to give me any directions, just addresses....worked perfectly.

Guest ramon

this is some really cool shit and it works in safari (webkit anyway) ;)

integrate this into the iphone imo!