Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Victor Calderone!!!

Guest Ricky

Guest Ricky

Victor Calderone Spinning @ Gryphon on june 30!!!

Gryphon is really bringing in talent these days.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcpimp11

If they pull that one off that would be amazing but I dont know if these florida househeads are really ready for someone like Victor Calderone....lets keep it real here for a second. South Florida is obsessed with their vocals, electro and funky house...Victor Calderone doesnt waste any time on that stuff...he rips sick, hard tech house, tribal tech and some minimal. There are no vocals with the exception of "Let me set you free" which is a hard ass tribal track or the techy version which is equally as good.... When was the last time you were in Gryphon and heard Charlie or Funky Junction come close to any of that (with the exception of alittle tribal maybe)....I would love for floridians to prove me wrong and say they can handle one of his sets but I dunno in all honesty. This is coming from a NY dj who played at Nocturnal afterhours once and almost got in trouble for playing TOO hard when I dropped Victor's track "Let me set you free"....Just check out Youtube and listen to what VC plays in any of the video clips...pure madness...which is what has been missing from clubs in Florida for awhile now...

Guest rcpimp11

honestly everything youve heard is correct...i was at pacha last week for his debut....unbelievable.....i knew he was going to kill the place but he really took it to another level.....he literally dropped bomb after bomb after bomb for 12 hours straight...never fell off once...and the best part was none of the tracks (with the exception of his own) were recognizable..

Guest mr.miami

Gryphon I don't think has a good floor plan for someone like Victor last I checked wasnt there a big hole in the middle of the floor with couches. Can't see how you could do something like that there.Victor would be cool at the Space patio, or at rEvolution. Somewhere that has a wide open space. Hell, he has money rent out the Twilo building and do it there lol.

Guest ramon

honestly everything youve heard is correct...i was at pacha last week for his debut....unbelievable.....i knew he was going to kill the place but he really took it to another level.....he literally dropped bomb after bomb after bomb for 12 hours straight...never fell off once...and the best part was none of the tracks (with the exception of his own) were recognizable..

nice .. and wink opened up for him right? :)

i bet i could id a few records ;)

wonder if he's playing any leftroom.

Guest rcpimp11

yeah im pissed i missed Josh Wink...Ive yet to hear him live but a big fan of his productions....what kind of music does Wink play?..great vibe though throughout the entire night

Guest ramon

guys, the deal is not even done, there is no party at the moment..

well here is to hoping it happens.

:)

Guest Mattivi

i love sets like that, were you dont know the tracks and its like he anticipates what you want to hear.. i will not miss this, all the livesets i have from this guy is top notch.

Guest mr.miami

well here is to hoping it happens.

:)

Well here is to hoping it happens at some other venue. ;D

Guest rcpimp11

Mayor its your former intern Damien....Get Victor Calderone!!! I told you guys Jonathan Peters would be great too remember???....hope all is well with all of you guys over there...Ill come check you guys out when I get back from playing up in NY

Guest Mayor

Mayor its your former intern Damien....Get Victor Calderone!!! I told you guys Jonathan Peters would be great too remember???....hope all is well with all of you guys over there...Ill come check you guys out when I get back from playing up in NY

Damien - whats up my man!

glad to hear from you man

yeah - remember that conversation?

wish you could have seen it man - absolutely stupid

oh and.....

you guys crack me up!

Guest Alan T.

If they pull that one off that would be amazing but I dont know if these florida househeads are really ready for someone like Victor Calderone....lets keep it real here for a second. South Florida is obsessed with their vocals, electro and funky house...Victor Calderone doesnt waste any time on that stuff...he rips sick, hard tech house, tribal tech and some minimal. There are no vocals with the exception of "Let me set you free" which is a hard ass tribal track or the techy version which is equally as good.... When was the last time you were in Gryphon and heard Charlie or Funky Junction come close to any of that (with the exception of alittle tribal maybe)....I would love for floridians to prove me wrong and say they can handle one of his sets but I dunno in all honesty. This is coming from a NY dj who played at Nocturnal afterhours once and almost got in trouble for playing TOO hard when I dropped Victor's track "Let me set you free"....Just check out Youtube and listen to what VC plays in any of the video clips...pure madness...which is what has been missing from clubs in Florida for awhile now...

[move][/move]

WERE YOU AT TWILO WMC? I HEARD SEVERAL VOX!

Guest ddg

went and saw him in ny a couple of months ago.....stayed till about 8 or 9 am...nothing out of this world imo...had some good tracks...i just think its funny when peeps say us floridians couldnt handle that hard stuff..(imo its really not that hard)..lol..would like to check him out again if he does come down..

went and saw him in ny a couple of months ago.....stayed till about 8 or 9 am...nothing out of this world imo...had some good tracks...i just think its funny when peeps say us floridians couldnt handle that hard stuff..(imo its really not that hard)..lol..would like to check him out again if he does come down..

depends on what you define hard tho.

it is true about us floridians not being able to handle nyc house aka iberican house...most floridians as in south floridians are more exposed to electro or techno...which can be also define as "hard".

if you were to have someone like vc on a fri night at twilo most likely the club will not be packed, people would rather go to the fifth or some other venue that plays the top 40 miami electro tunes, i believe that's what he meant.

Guest Alan T.

DEAL IS DONE-----SO HOWS YOUR EVENING SO FAR-----NAME THE SOURCE WHERE THIS WINX SAMPLE IS TAKEN-----RAMON, COME ON!!!!!