Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is your downtown noise and condo update.**UPDATED**.

V. Barbarino

*See Eddy's post on the 2nd page for the update**

Ok, ten Museum is going to start doing closings "any day now" with the bottom half of the building. The top half is about 30-60 days away. The bottom half is basically done, they are just going thru all the units and fixing problems. Your 1st question is going to be, "can people move in with the top not done?" The answer is yes, once the closings start people can move in while they finish the top half.

Here is some more interesting info, the two buildings south of 10 M are scheduled to be completed in about 6 months, so two more buildings should be done about Dec this year. 6 Months in construction terms is 9 Months or in software terms 1 year. :) The other building just north is about 2 years away from being done.

Now here is something I didn't even know, a venue downtown received a petition signed by 300 people about the noise a few weeks ago. I knew the back end of the story but not the front end, so now you know.

good luck to those who move in first, they're in for a 30-60 day nightmare until the rest of the building is "finished". but the building won't really be finished, just "officially" finished. workers will inhabit the building way longer that expected, promise you that! i say 90 days.

Guest meta

Ok, ten Museum is going to start doing closings "any day now" with the bottom half of the building. The top half is about 30-60 days away. The bottom half is basically done, they are just going thru all the units and fixing problems. Your 1st question is going to be, "can people move in with the top not done?" The answer is yes, once the closings start people can move in while they finish the top half.

Here is some more interesting info, the two buildings south of 10 M are scheduled to be completed in about 6 months, so two more buildings should be done about Dec this year. 6 Months in construction terms is 9 Months or in software terms 1 year. :) The other building just north is about 2 years away from being done.

Now here is something I didn't even know, a venue downtown received a petition signed by 300 people about the noise a few weeks ago. I knew the back end of the story but not the front end, so now you know.

Ten should have thier TCO This week. But what is interesting is that how many noise complaints they are going to have there because there is really 4 families that are going to be living there year round. For everyone else its thier summer home and if they are here for the summer they are going to party.

You dont know how many football stars, baseball stars, actors, and big company owners they are going have there and they all party. so really i dont see many complaints coming from ten museum.

Guest pod

You'd be surprised at how much these people complain. If it isn't "their" party, they're gonna be a regular bunch of rabble rousers.

Guest coach

We'll see about those completion numbers. It's H season and one nice hurricane blows through all them unfinished buildings and we're talking about another year. These guys all talk out their ass, anyway, just to get the sales done. The W Group, quite a large developer, lied about their completion date for 2 years before they even started demolition. Hell, their first completion date actually pre-dated the real destruction date of the old hotel on that property.

My question is, if a hurricane blows through and one of those 2 block long cranes falls down and destroys a bunch of property and kills a couple folks, who is going to be held responsible?

Eddy, rich celebs who live in the building and there are a few, are not going to party downtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is the last time you've seen an A list ball player at Space?

Does it happen? Yes, but they are all on the beach.

The cops will also start to go after quality of life issues once that building is done.

Guest tekniQz

Eddy, rich celebs who live in the building and there are a few, are not going to party downtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is the last time you've seen an A list ball player at Space?

Does it happen? Yes, but they are all on the beach.

The cops will also start to go after quality of life issues once that building is done.

Football players go to Space man.Incidents have happened, last year that is. ;)Herd this a few times.Hhahaha i love Space.

Guest meta

Well 10 M finally got thier TCO yesturday. So yeah you are going to start seeing people moving in know. Lets see how the complaints go...

Well 10 M finally got thier TCO yesturday. So yeah you are going to start seeing people moving in know. Lets see how the complaints go...

my buddy moved into Blue condominium when it first opened, but not yet completed. to say he was miserable for that first two months was an understatement. the noise was unbearable. dust/dirt everywhere. elevators packed with costruction workers. no thanks!

Guest pod

I walked by there yesterday and there's like no way into the building without stepping over tons of construction rubble.

They might have their TCO, but I don't see anyone at all moving in until late July at the earliest.

Guest coach

my buddy moved into Blue condominium when it first opened, but not yet completed. to say he was miserable for that first two months was an understatement. the noise was unbearable. dust/dirt everywhere. elevators packed with costruction workers. no thanks!

At least he couldn't hear the music from Space.

Guest meta

yeah that would suck because marquis and 900 are still going up... I agree pod i rather hear the music than the construction in the morning.

Guest pod

You sure? One nearly fell down last year. They closed off half of Downtown until they could fix it.

Guest 4040

You got to remember that the clubs are going to take the necessary steps to somewhat soundproof the patios. It's not like they're going to sit around and do nothing. I know Nocturnal is in the process of this.

Guest pod

Space put up their barrier in March.

Nocturnal has a much smaller "notch", they need to brick it up pronto.

That being said, they might close in 30-60 days, but the approaches to the building are a total nightmare. You need a tank to clear it.