Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sweet aerial pic of 10 Musem park..

V. Barbarino

I doubt this will hotlink, but I"ll try, if not go here Flickr is slow today, you may have to reload a few times for it to show up.

photo_zoom.gne?id=531487736&size=o

click here to see what the clubs will be up against soon

this is the best one to show you what the problem is going to be with sound issues, click here

1 city block separates the condo from the patios... Clearly from the pic, the wall that is blue with a notch out of the middle is Nocturnal, thus a wall should help, but imho not enough. Space is in better shape, but I think from the pics, it's over like trance for the patios.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Yeah, it's this guy who pops up on the local blogosphere and news from time to time. James Good.

He puts a little point-n-shoot Pentax onto a remote-controlled plane, and just has it shoot away using some sort of intervalometer. I don't think he can see via remote what he's pointed at.

Guest endymion

He puts a little point-n-shoot Pentax onto a remote-controlled plane, and just has it shoot away using some sort of intervalometer. I don't think he can see via remote what he's pointed at.

How many people just googled "intervalometer" to try to see WTF you were talking about...

Good was featured in the Miami Herald also. April 11, 2007. Can't provide a link because it's in the 'archive' section of the web site now.

Guest pod

Kind of a homemade version of a Predator drone.

But yeah, like Barbarino is saying, it shows what the Downtown Clubs have to deal with in terms of sound issues.

Noc has it worst of all. (I'm stating the facts people, I bear Noc no malice) Their patio shoots straight at the Biscayne Wall. Space fares better since Noc blocks a lot of their sound, and LP put up his wall already.

The one who has to worry the most is Metropolis Area 51/Allure/whatever, since their clubs let out onto that street.

It's a pretty dam good rig, I'm sure he looks thru hundreds of pics before he finds a few that are good..

btw, from the pics it appears the pool faces nocturnal and space..

to quote Jerry, that's not gonna be good for anyone.

if that is the pool, which it appears to be, it's DONE FOR SPACE AND NOC! No fing way will any sound proofing help with that disaster.

Guest endymion

I don't think I see what looks to you like a pool. Which photo? Where? I believe you I just don't see it.

I don't think I see what looks to you like a pool. Which photo? Where? I believe you I just don't see it.

I can't find the pool, but it appears it will be located above the parking deck between the deck and the building on the back, because I did read they will have a restaurant face the park.

Guest coach

Jeez, you Miami people should fire all your fucking commissioners and city planners. Those pictures really show how misplaced those scyscrapers are. Unless you are planning to have scyscrapers all the way up from Flagler to like 14th, they just stick out of the low-lying area so inappropriately.

Guest pod

Nobody in this state knows urban planning. The Beach is a mess, Downtown is a mess, and all these other places are a pain in the ass.

Guest Electric Eel

I can't find the pool, but it appears it will be located above the parking deck between the deck and the building on the back, because I did read they will have a restaurant face the park.

I think I read there are at least 8 pools

Guest endymion

A whole ocean and they have pools.

See I was just keeping that thought to myself, but it was good to hear it from somebody else. Miami is such a silly place.

Guest endymion

You gotta remember, they are the 1st in a growth cycle thus as they get done other parts of the city will catch up.

Growth cycles end. Between cycles, we're left with whatever went up successfully during the boom. After the boom busts, we're sometimes left with scars from failed projects.

Guest coach

A whole ocean and they have pools.

See I was just keeping that thought to myself, but it was good to hear it from somebody else. Miami is such a silly place.

Yeah, me too.

Guest meta

i still think that all the other buildings are going to have more of a problem than 10m. Only 5% of the tenants are going to be there year round.

But no one has put into factor that Area 51 is right across the street from these buildings. They to have an outside area that is not covered and throw frequent concerts. Not the concerts i like but they have them.

Guest pod

I think the block where those clubs are has more concern than the Space block. Think about it, the crowd for those venues is right at their doorstep. And, let's be honest, the crowds in Area 51/Allure aren't exactly the type of people you want hanging around your front door.

Guest meta

well i didnt say but i was thinking about it.

I would hate to have that crowd around my building. I think that a gang unit has to be there ever night.

Guest pod

Well, this is the root of the problem, that there's certain quality-of-life issues that need to be addressed.

Shutting down the area is not the answer, with proper planning and police protocols, the condos and the clubs can coexist in harmony.

Sadly, I don't think the condo associations and their lobbyists want to see things that way. One of the initial selling points of the area from all of the sales presentations was that these condos would be close to a revitalized entertainment district. Due to the untimely suicide of Art Teele, as well as Johnny Winton being suspended, development of the district kind of came to a crawl. A lot of proposals these two commissioners were championing would have been done or close to done if they were still in office.

But anyway, I'm digressing a bit. The condos were advertised as such, but the thing is, these aren't full-time residences like Meta is saying. A lot of these are second and vacation homes, and the people who are there full time tend to be not the sort going out to nightclubs, but if they do, they wanna be behind ten layers of security and listen to open format all night. A dance club for the masses such as Space, doesn't fit into their neighborhood vision, i.e. there's very little respect coming from them towards everyone else. They pay lip service to the messages of tolerance and understanding, but get them drunk, and I'll bet you a dollar they're liable to use racial slurs to describe the people on the ground below.