Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CJ BBQ - Saturday 7 July 2007 - Hobie Beach (Final Update - Read Befr Arrival!).

Guest pod

Guest pod

OK, it's official. We're gonna gather at Hobie Beach.

Time 2 PM till civil sunset.

Settled:

- Sound reinforcement. Dade offered to help. I'm taking him up on his offer. Probably EAW, but will advise. If you got any toys, bring them...but if you do, you have to get there early to test.

- Food. You guys bring what you want.

- Booze. Same. But I think it has to be in plastic.

Not settled:

- Cooking. Need a grill.

- DJs. Ramon suggested a few and I'm making contacts. I'm open to suggestions. However, this is a daytime outside event, and I'd like to keep it snappy and upbeat. That's my only request.

- Rides. Several of you are like me and can't drive. Those of you with cars, I'd love it if you would be a community spirit and help those in need. My ride is settled already so I'm good. Also, I'd really appreciate it if some people would volunteer to be designated drivers. 1 or 2 with larger vehicles max. If it is a cost issue to get some people home safe, I will pay for gas.

"Ground rules":

- Please keep this to CJ board folk and significant others/BFFs only. Hobie Beach seems very loose, but I don't think they'd like it if we threw a Global Gathering there without permission. :)

- BYOSomething. Booze, Food. Your good looks aren't gonna get ya past the ropes :). There's no ropes, just kidding.

- We're on public property, so please respect the land. I can't afford to pay any fines. What's that thing they say, take only photos and leave only footprints? I forgot since I'm not a dirty hippie.

- DJ set times. Simply put, I'd like to see whichever DJs I end up picking do it totally freestyle. 4 for 4, whatever, tag team, etc...

- 21+, please. We're on public land and I'm the one that goes down if this becomes an issue.

- VIP tables start at $1,000.

Things being bought:

Dade - sound and a generator

me - my massive ego

Michelle - food

NicoleC - Healthy food

RzO - some sort of dish

DJs:

Seth Shore

Diaga

Seb

The Chib

QBA

Myles Hie

Mark Lago (Comport)

Will update.

Updates:

Got the sound reserved through Paradise -

2 NEXO tops

2 NEXO 18" subs

Crown amps

DJM-600

Gino and the Chib are bringing CDJs. The vinyl mode is wacky on Gino's, but they work.

Again, if you have effects or whatever, show up early (2 PM) to set up.

Finally. No glass!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RzO

glad my prompt helped you put this up right now

this is going to be exciting, i can't wait. all the board dj's playing and everyone at a lax style party on the beach.

we are gonna have a blast, im gonna make some sort of dish as well and this thread will be available for all parties input so this can be a fully planned dope ass affair! 8)

Guest Electric Eel

You're required to go since you're a mod. I need you to coordinate security. ;D

Ill put Lee in my place. :)

LMAO, umm thanks. We should change it for when C will be here then you can have a full bitch squad security team. :P

Guest lulamishka

Dan, if I could just add to your list here... and feel free to pay heed or not, but:

- No one should come empty handed. That includes your guests. (If its not food or alcohol, we still need ice, plates, napkins, cups, garbage bags, plastic forks, knives, spoons, etc.)

- If you're bringing liquor, please also bring a mixer.

Guest lulamishka

You're required to go since you're a mod. I need you to coordinate security. ;D

Ill put Lee in my place. :)

LMAO, umm thanks. We should change it for when C will be here then you can have a full bitch squad security team. :P

True dat.

Yea, I like the sound of that! :P

Guest pod

Dan, if I could just add to your list here... and feel free to pay heed or not, but:

- No one should come empty handed. That includes your guests. (If its not food or alcohol, we still need ice, plates, napkins, cups, garbage bags, plastic forks, knives, spoons, etc.)

Already addressed the first one "BYOSomething..."

Guest tekniQz

Already addressed the first one "BYOSomething..."

We should call this one "BOMBED AT THE BEACH BBQ"lOl!!Seriuosly!! ;D

Guest Major

will try to make it . :)

+1 ;D

put us down for liquor :D

Bling, bring your flute..Alki has a trumpet..I believe Pod has 1 conga..I'll bring my bong(o) ;D

Guest pod

This organizing stuff is fun. I've got 1 DJ on board thus far. Thanks to Seth Shore. He'll be playing some classic stuff that fits the mood.