Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CJ BBQ - Saturday 7 July 2007 - Hobie Beach (Final Update - Read Befr Arrival!).

Guest pod

Guest RzO

This organizing stuff is fun.

i told u! planning is the best part, its the anticipation that will make the party in the words of borat "great success" ;D

so 2 djs so far, major ( i know u are down i talked to you last nite about it!), chib? who else we need at least 6 i would guess considering we have about 7 hours to fill.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22

Damn, Buck now you're scaring me.. I heard that shit was good though. ;) Ok, I am flexible but I know my board sig. other/bff likes to drink beer like many guys and gals do as well so what do we do about the plastic thing? I mean, beer is either out of a can or bottle. I agree with Lula, about coordinating the other stuff you need for the food. I vote for ppl who can't cook shit to bring that stuff. :)

Guest RzO

im pretty sure cans are cool there, definitely do not bring bottles

even if we need to pour the cans into plastic cups that would work, bottles are a definite no no.

thank god for Heineken keg cans! 8)

Guest barstar diana

ok one quesiton, where are you guys planning to set up?

bayside, (close to the miami seaquarium) or atlantic side?

Guest endymion

Hobie Beach is bayside only. Go over the Rickenbacker Causeway and turn right into the parking lot when you get to Virginia Key and the road bends to the right/south.

The east side of that strip of land is the MAST academy, the Miami Rowing Club, and the old arena. Nowhere to party, reeds and yucky algae at the waterline, no breeze, cops will hassle you there. The ocean side of that island is historic Virginia Key Beach, Miami's "Coloreds Only" beach for many years.

Guest Fuerte44

i find it hard to believe that we wont be able to fill a line up.....but if all else fails im down to play a few ;D

Guest Dj_Peace

i find it hard to believe that we wont be able to fill a line up.....but if all else fails im down to play a few ;D

I am volunteering to join the line-up ...and put me down for jerk chicken - hope yuh can stand de heat, mon!

Guest ramon

I am volunteering to join the line-up ...and put me down for jerk chicken - hope yuh can stand de heat, mon!

nice one .. for both offerings. :)

house house it up.

Guest meta

Hobie Beach is bayside only. Go over the Rickenbacker Causeway and turn right into the parking lot when you get to Virginia Key and the road bends to the right/south.

The east side of that strip of land is the MAST academy, the Miami Rowing Club, and the old arena. Nowhere to party, reeds and yucky algae at the waterline, no breeze, cops will hassle you there. The ocean side of that island is historic Virginia Key Beach, Miami's "Coloreds Only" beach for many years.

Damn i am right around the corner. If you need any extra djs let me know i am down.

Guest NicoleC

I have a small grill, but it's not big enough for this kind of event. I can bring it if need be. Anyone else have a grill? Are there any on the beach?

Is everything going to be bring-your-own?

If enough people could coordinate, we could chip in money ahead of time for food, alcohol, plates, cups, etc (Paypal?) and then designate shoppers, cooks, etc. I don't know if this is too complicated, but it was just an idea I figured I would throw out there.

Guest Dj_Peace

house house it up.

got a set time in mind for me?

Guest ramon

house house it up.

got a set time in mind for me?

It's up to Dan [pod] . I put in my suggestions already.