Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CJ BBQ - Saturday 7 July 2007 - Hobie Beach (Final Update - Read Befr Arrival!).

Guest pod

Obby,

I locked in the DJ lineup a few days ago. However, things do happen, so I'm encouraging anyone who wants to, to bring their music with them. Even if all the DJs show up, those who aren't technically playing are more than welcome to jump on if the existing crew is cool with it.

Obby and I can share set times if theres any ... we could go back and forth every few tracks and make things more interesting ... 8)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

Not really. Girls yeah, but do me a favor and at least make them sign up for an account or something in the next two weeks. And participate. I'm really not keen on having total unknowns show up. This is a CJ party, not a "any dope in the Miami club scene" party.

Hobie Beach is nice enough to be pretty unrestricted in terms of what we can do, but I know there's a limit on crowd size. If I keep it to CJers/SO's/BFFs, I can keep the crowd to a reasonable size. At some point, if total strangers show up en masse, I've got a problem on my hands.

This is where coach comes in with his doorman rope.

Someone can bring their laptop with a cell phone provider wireless card, and make the non cj girls sign up right there and than and once they get signed up, they'd get a t-shirt and a picture from Pod, girls always like pics...

Good suggestion.

I agree with Pod...if your not a CJ member they shouldn't be allowed, watch the whole Space Patio crowd show up. But come on Diogo there will be girls there, only because you will know half of them there doesn't mean women wont be attending.

Guest obby

Obby,

I locked in the DJ lineup a few days ago. However, things do happen, so I'm encouraging anyone who wants to, to bring their music with them. Even if all the DJs show up, those who aren't technically playing are more than welcome to jump on if the existing crew is cool with it.

Obby and I can share set times if theres any ... we could go back and forth every few tracks and make things more interesting ... 8)

Thanks Chib, your a good man. I don't care what Seb says about you.

;D

I can bring good dark rum, Newcastle's and choons if need. just let me know. All I ask is that no one wear those pink disturbing chaps I saw on the page prior to this one.

:-X

Not really. Girls yeah' date=' but do me a favor and at least make them sign up for an account or something in the next two weeks. And participate. I'm really not keen on having total unknowns show up. This is a CJ party, not a "any dope in the Miami club scene" party.

Hobie Beach is nice enough to be pretty unrestricted in terms of what we can do, but I know there's a limit on crowd size. If I keep it to CJers/SO's/BFFs, I can keep the crowd to a reasonable size. At some point, if total strangers show up en masse, I've got a problem on my hands.

[/quote']

This is where coach comes in with his doorman rope.

Someone can bring their laptop with a cell phone provider wireless card, and make the non cj girls sign up right there and than and once they get signed up, they'd get a t-shirt and a picture from Pod, girls always like pics...

Good suggestion.

I agree with Pod...if your not a CJ member they shouldn't be allowed, watch the whole Space Patio crowd show up. But come on Diogo there will be girls there, only because you will know half of them there doesn't mean women wont be attending.

ok ok :P ;D

Guest Marina22

hopefully the rain stays away.. if not i recommend wet t shirt contests ;D

Fuck that, we should do waterbaloon fights ala Carnaval style. :P

Guest NicoleC

I can bring good dark rum, Newcastle's and choons if need. just let me know. All I ask is that no one wear those pink disturbing chaps I saw on the page prior to this one.

:-X

yummmm.....Newcastle! Only beer I like!

Guest NicoleC

For those of us bringing food, bout how many ppl are we ballparking here Pod? Coach, suggestions on energy food? Might bring something for the herbivores as well as carnivores but I assume we have more carni's, lol. Nicole, you and Mark are veggies?

Yes ma'am! ;) I wish we had some sort of idea so we can decide what and how much to bring....

Guest NicoleC

Mark (Comport) offered to bring a grill. Not sure if that'll be enough so someone bring another. ;D

Mark's grill is small. Hope he doesn't get mad that I told you! :P

All kidding aside, I am assuming you are going to need another grill.

Guest Comport

Its not the size that counts.... Besides, something is better than nothing when your hungry....

Guest Marina22

Whoever's going should post that they are so we know how much food/how many grills to bring.

Guest Dj_Peace

Obby,

def planning on being in attendance with the family in two -quick question...wondering which dj would a) not mind me playing alongside them during their slot and B) which dj would my sound/set be most complimentary with and segue nicely in and out of as i play a lot of soulful/jazzy selections infused with afro adn latin house as well as itaohouse and classics - cock ful o' vocals (selections run the range from Roy Ayers to New Order to my own tracks/remixes/edits,e tc..)

any suggestions or feedback from any of the djs slotted?

Guest ramon

Obby,

def planning on being in attendance with the family in two -quick question...wondering which dj would a) not mind me playing alongside them during their slot and B) which dj would my sound/set be most complimentary with and segue nicely in and out of as i play a lot of soulful/jazzy selections infused with afro adn latin house as well as itaohouse and classics - cock ful o' vocals (selections run the range from Roy Ayers to New Order to my own tracks/remixes/edits,e tc..)

Sounds great to me. Hope you get to play. :)

Guest thelurker

Obby,

that does sound great to me, i'd love to hear some soulfull/jazzy stuff especially at a daytime event. i REALLY hope the people playing are not gonna be banging out electro house all day. i dont care about genres bust just keep it groovy people no need to bang out a BBQ, lol.

Guest ramon

Obby,

that does sound great to me, i'd love to hear some soulfull/jazzy stuff especially at a daytime event. i REALLY hope the people playing are not gonna be banging out electro house all day. i dont care about genres bust just keep it groovy people no need to bang out a BBQ, lol.

i con-fuckin-cur

Guest eroc0411

haha im going 2 luv this bbq... not only for the tunes & food but meeting some of u cool ppl... Just wondering of all these loud ass barking dogs turn out 2 be tiny lil cutie itsy itty bitty poodle dogs that i just wanna KIck rite in the azz...! well i'll be bringing stolie orange and redbull...

Guest Stealth

I'm in. Anyone need to park there car at my place on the beach, and get a ride there, let me know.

Guest Marina22

I'm in. Anyone need to park there car at my place on the beach, and get a ride there, let me know.

What's the parking situtation at Hobie anyway?

Guest NicoleC

If I remember correctly, you just park along the beach.

Do we have any sort of head count yet?

Guest Marina22

Yeah really.. I guess if you are going say you are for sure and then we can figure this out?