Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A few pics from Denver (Afroblu Party 6.23.07)

Guest Dj_Peace

Guest Dj_Peace

nope, this is not about the classic "Things to Do in Denver When you're Dead". Just curious about suggestions as I have not lived in the Mile High City for over a decade and I am playing out there this weekend.

Suggestions on good dining and places to chill out? I will be stying in LoDo for a point of reference...thanks.

Updated: (just anote-never try to spin party, drink lots of alcohol at high atitudes and try to do your own photography ;D )

I had a great time and this party is truly a great addition to Denver's underground scene. The vibes are sick adn the energy is infectious. Again thanks for the suggestions on dining and such -made it to Pete's ( a little greasy spoon on Colorado blvd) for an early breakfast/late night-after-clubbing dinner on Friday nite after the Roxy. Saturday kinda slept in (jet lag + alcohol + high altitude = :-X) After Afroblu, sunday morning found me adna few friends at Dozens restaurant in LoDo adn from there , hanging out with some of my same-gender loving friends at the Denver Pride Fest. I had several Flat Tires and I agree that this is a fine brew indeed.

m_7b514645ec1899f29f62fea52e2ce7d6.jpg

crowd shot

m_e1d3e084d354f5f65eec1f3c09184a0b.jpg

Peace and Dj Musa

m_c8b50a8f1a72cfb15d1b1551ea39f2fe.jpg

The First Ladies of Denver's Soulful House & Underground (L-r) Peju and Ashara founders of Afroblu

m_8cf0d622aba62b991c8c709f3518a9c2.jpg

Feelin the love from Korie (Detroit House)

m_5cc9af7d7b38bfe36c7753e5e94fbae2.jpg

Write your own caption - but these guys partied hard until 5 a.m.

m_76210dbc080b315c760ed79995a001a6.jpg

This lady had incredible energy throughout the nite

Guest ramon

Chuck Love is at Shelter

The Shelter Nightclub & Milk Bar || 1037 Broadway, Denver CO || 303.534.0222

Gene Farris is at The Loft

DirtySexyFunky [DSF] @ The Loft

June Fridays: 15th, 22nd, and 29th

$2 PBR and $4 Wells. House music all night long baby!

9pm-2am :: 22nd & Champa, Denver.

I'll ask about food and stuff as well.

Guest frankthetank

Isn't there a big club called "The Church" a lot of big jocks spin at? If I were in Denver I would make a day of hiking in the Rockies nearby. i.e. if you have someone to do that with.

Guest ramon

Isn't there a big club called "The Church" a lot of big jocks spin at? If I were in Denver I would make a day of hiking in the Rockies nearby. i.e. if you have someone to do that with.

yes I'm not sure what's going on there though.

Guest ramon

I hear that Denver is a big time beer town alot of places brew there own stuff

yes.

have as much Fat Tire as you can. It's brewed in Fort Collins , Colorado

Chuck Love is at Shelter

The Shelter Nightclub & Milk Bar || 1037 Broadway, Denver CO || 303.534.0222

Gene Farris is at The Loft

DirtySexyFunky [DSF] @ The Loft

June Fridays: 15th, 22nd, and 29th

$2 PBR and $4 Wells. House music all night long baby!

9pm-2am :: 22nd & Champa, Denver.

I'll ask about food and stuff as well.

+1 :)

Guest funky monkey

this website shows you a calendar of events at each of the major clubs South of Colfax (The Church, The Shelter, Vinyl, Milk, Funky Budah Lounge, Two:AM Afterhours) plus links to each

http://www.coclubs.com/coclubs.php?

I lived out there for a couple of months and only got to go out a couple of times but there are always good djs and good events going on out there....I still get the emails from this website and they usually make me want to go back!! pretty decent scene out there - enjoy! :D

....and yes, DRINK BEER!!!

Guest NicoleC

I was just there around Memorial Weekend, and I am dying to get back!

Since you used to live there, you obviously know about any scenic drives/areas to visit, so I will skip those.

There is a beautiful new art museum that I wanted to check out, but I ran out of time. If you are staying in LoDo, you might want to check out the area near The Glass House (you can't miss this building - I want to move there). There is a walking bridge next to the building that takes you right into Downtown. Everything in The Glass House area looks like it was recently built and there is some expensive and interesting looking real estate going on over there.

As for clubs/bars/restaurants here is what I know - not sure if any of these are your cup of tea but I had the flyer on my desk:

6.21.07 - Felix Da Housecat @ The Church

6.22.07 - Chuck Love @ the Shelter

6.23.07 - Bad Boy Bill @ Vinyl

I recently went to both the Shelter and Vinyl; both great spots to check out. There is also an after-hours on both Friday and Saturday called two AM that is located in a cool basement spot (no liquor served after 2 AM though, so be prepared).

There is a bar that I really liked called Double Daughters that looks like the inside of a Tim Burton movie. They have some crazy specialty drinks; one of them is made with 17 different alcohols! If you get that drink, watch where they get it from. I think it is worth a visit just to check out the interior.

My favorite restaurant was WaterCourse Foods; this is not a meat-eaters joint. Everything is vegetarian and/or vegan, but you wouldn't know it to taste it. It came highly recommended and everything we had was amazing.

If you need addresses for any of the places, just PM me since I have them all right here.

Where are you spinning?

Guest NicoleC

Oh yes, i forgot to mention (and no one warned me until it was too late), drink less! In case you didn't know, the altitude affects your alcohol tolerance.

And for sushi I went to Sushi Sasa in LoDo which was excellent. I heard that Sushi Den is pretty good too.

Guest meta

this website shows you a calendar of events at each of the major clubs South of Colfax (The Church, The Shelter, Vinyl, Milk, Funky Budah Lounge, Two:AM Afterhours) plus links to each

http://www.coclubs.com/coclubs.php?

I lived out there for a couple of months and only got to go out a couple of times but there are always good djs and good events going on out there....I still get the emails from this website and they usually make me want to go back!! pretty decent scene out there - enjoy! :D

....and yes, DRINK BEER!!!

I love it the big clubs there showcase Breaks & Drum&Bass...

Guest yume

After a long night of partying at The Church, head to Bump & Grind cafe. Awesome food, and everyone that works there is a 6 ft. tall drag queen. I was laughing non-stop while I was there. Very cool funky locals spot, and hella entertaining.

:)

439 E 17th Ave

Denver, CO 80203

(303) 861-4841

Guest Boucher20

yes.

Fat Tire has to be the best beer ever....it's my beer of choice every year when i go out there...and their holiday edition of fat tire is amazing...as far as downtown Denver...there are a bunch of great restaurants and bars..especially round coors field...when u get to Denver grab their version of the new times called westword and it will clue you in to what's going on around town...and a good hotel to stay at is the Adamsmark in downtown...my cousin works there so if you need a good rate just PM me...

Guest ramon

yes.

Fat Tire has to be the best beer ever....it's my beer of choice every year when i go out there...and their holiday edition of fat tire is amazing...as far as downtown Denver...there are a bunch of great restaurants and bars..especially round coors field...when u get to Denver grab their version of the new times called westword and it will clue you in to what's going on around town...and a good hotel to stay at is the Adamsmark in downtown...my cousin works there so if you need a good rate just PM me...

There's a holiday edition!? I wish they would ship east of the mississippi. I last had a bottle in Chicago at CPOG. :(

Guest Boucher20

yes.

There's a holiday edition!? I wish they would ship east of the mississippi. I last had a bottle in Chicago at CPOG. :(

yeah its raspberry flavored...it tastes unbelievable...and that shipping restriction blows..whenever i go out there i bring back a twelve pack...i dont know why they dont ship out here?

Guest ramon

yes.

yeah its raspberry flavored...it tastes unbelievable...and that shipping restriction blows..whenever i go out there i bring back a twelve pack...i dont know why they dont ship out here?

damn I'm gonna have to get someone to mail me some of that Holiday action. :(

Guest Boucher20

yes.

damn I'm gonna have to get someone to mail me some of that Holiday action. :(

thats what i did...had my cousin ship it out to me this past winter...and i will do the same this winter.. ;D

Guest Dj_Peace

I was just there around Memorial Weekend, and I am dying to get back!

Since you used to live there, you obviously know about any scenic drives/areas to visit, so I will skip those.

There is a beautiful new art museum that I wanted to check out, but I ran out of time. If you are staying in LoDo, you might want to check out the area near The Glass House (you can't miss this building - I want to move there). There is a walking bridge next to the building that takes you right into Downtown. Everything in The Glass House area looks like it was recently built and there is some expensive and interesting looking real estate going on over there.

As for clubs/bars/restaurants here is what I know - not sure if any of these are your cup of tea but I had the flyer on my desk:

6.21.07 - Felix Da Housecat @ The Church

6.22.07 - Chuck Love @ the Shelter

6.23.07 - Bad Boy Bill @ Vinyl

I recently went to both the Shelter and Vinyl; both great spots to check out. There is also an after-hours on both Friday and Saturday called two AM that is located in a cool basement spot (no liquor served after 2 AM though, so be prepared).

There is a bar that I really liked called Double Daughters that looks like the inside of a Tim Burton movie. They have some crazy specialty drinks; one of them is made with 17 different alcohols! If you get that drink, watch where they get it from. I think it is worth a visit just to check out the interior.

My favorite restaurant was WaterCourse Foods; this is not a meat-eaters joint. Everything is vegetarian and/or vegan, but you wouldn't know it to taste it. It came highly recommended and everything we had was amazing.

If you need addresses for any of the places, just PM me since I have them all right here.

Where are you spinning?

Fri nite 6/22 - NCO club at Fort Carosn in Colorado Springs and then Spinning at AFROBLU -After Hours Dance Ritual, 2407 Blake St (10 AM - 5 AM) 6/23/07