Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Euro trash peeps explain this to me..

It was apparent to me I truly didn't understand what the UK is, so I fired up Wikipedia and Google earth, pretty interesting read.

My question is this. Is Wales or Scotland really Wales and Scotland or if you are standing in Wales or Scotland do you say you are in the UK or Wales or Scotland?

When you go to Wales or Scotland is there any check points or it is like us driving to Georgia? Does the W, S and NI have different laws than England? What about Ireland and NI can you just walk between them and do they have different laws? Do you say if you live in NI, that you are British or Irish or N. Irish?

Guest JMT

i know this much, people from Wales or Scotland make it a point to identify themselves as Welsh or Scottish, and not English.

Guest Mattivi

ive always understood it as that Scotland, Wales, and N Ireland were part of the UK, but each are govern themselves. the closest comparison i can think of is something like canada.

Guest coach

It's a federation, more or less. What you call yourself really depends on the person, and the situation.

Guest michael^heaven

It was apparent to me I truly didn't understand what the UK is, so I fired up Wikipedia and Google earth, pretty interesting read.

My question is this. Is Wales or Scotland really Wales and Scotland or if you are standing in Wales or Scotland do you say you are in the UK or Wales or Scotland?

When you go to Wales or Scotland is there any check points or it is like us driving to Georgia? Does the W, S and NI have different laws than England? What about Ireland and NI can you just walk between them and do they have different laws? Do you say if you live in NI, that you are British or Irish or N. Irish?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

The United Kingdom comprises Wales, Scotland, & Northern Ireland. JMT is correct. People living in these areas definitely identify themselves as such. I made that mistake! No, there are no checkpoints etc. Just amazing scenery & many sheep perched sideways on countryside hills.

Guest slamminshaun

I don't know Barbarino.....Do you say that you are New Jerseyean, New English, American, or Guido?