Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those of us with Direct Tv. The Bird flys tomorrow!

Guest pod

Fucking space programs in both the US and Russia/former USSR was ran the wrong way. Too many "government pride" programs rather than focusing on building reliable boosters and spaceplanes.

A private firm is launching this, sure, but it's all based on a Russian government design and launched using their government facilities.

will you have the high def for football this year?? ;D And please tell me your getting a flat screen monster.... if not, party at my house!! LOL :P

Well, I was planning on a August purchase date for my tv, but I'm going to try and time it with the bird launch. My theory is if it goes according to plan the price of HD tvs will tank because D will be a the leader in HD by far. Plus it's commish season and my check might be so big, it's go time for a 65 inch monster! Plus we got the 32 inch for game 2 and we got the 25 inch for game 3! And I got the hook up for a HD DVR for free!

This is a tenative list of the goodness: (All HD)

Available Now:

Discovery HD Theater

ESPN

ESPN2

HBO East

HD NET

HD NET Movies

Showtime East

TNT

Universal

HD Pay-Per-View

Depending on service area and equipment:

ABC

CBS

NBC

FOX

CW

MY Network TV

Local Regional Sports Network

Coming in September:

A&E

Animal Planet

Big Ten Network

CineMax East

CineMax West

Discovery Channel (simulcast)

Food Network

HBO West

HGTV

History Channel

MHD (MTV)

NFL Network (Full-Time)

Science Channel

Showtime West

Starz! East

Starz! West

Starz! Edge

Starz! Comedy

Starz Kids & Family

The Movie Channel

The National Geographic Channel

TBS

TLC

The Weather Channel

Versus/Golf

Fall 2007:

Bravo

Cartoon

Chiller

CNBC

CNN

FX

HBO2 East

HBO2 West

HBO Family East

HBO Family West

HBO Latino East

HBO Signature East

MoreMax East

Sci-Fi

Sleuth

Speed

USA

21 Regional Sports Networks:

Blackout Rules still apply!

Altitude

Comcast SportsNet Chicago

Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic

FSN Arizona

FSN Bay Area

FSN Detroit

FSN Florida

FSN New England

FSN North

FSN Northwest

FSN Ohio

FSN Prime Ticket

FSN Rocky Mountain

FSN South

FSN Southwest

FSN West

New England Sports Network

SportsNet New York

SportsSouth

Sun Sports

YES

December 2007:

The Tennis Channel

Spring 2008

Disney Channel

Toon Disney

ABC Family

ESPN News

MGM

Announced HD for Fall 2007 but not announced for DirecTV yet:

Trinity Broadcasting Network, RFD HD

Announced HD channel rollouts by Spring 2008 by HBO Networks but no carriage announcements for DirecTV yet:

HBO Comedy East/West, HBO Latino West, HBO Signature West, HBO Zone East/West, @Max East, 5 Star Max East, ActionMax East/West, MoreMax West, OuterMax East, ThrillerMax East/West, WMax East

Briz-M booster has a 40 percent failure rate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeze-M

hmm...

the ILS website cites 96% success rate...

http://www.ilslaunch.com/products/

Built by the Khrunichev State Research and Production Center, Proton is the largest Russian launch vehicle in operational service. Proton launches all Russian geostationary and interplanetary missions under Khrunichev, establishing it as the principal workhorse of the Russian space program. ILS oversees the majority of its commercial satellite launches. It has been used in more than 320 launches and has an outstanding reliability record of 96 percent.

Guest pod

Proton is the booster to get it out of the atmosphere. Briz-M is the upper stage which puts it into the proper orbit, about 22,000 miles up, roughly one hundred times higher than the Shuttle or the ISS.

The booster works, but the upper stage is what I'd be worried about. It could launch fine, but the upper stage could fail and leave the satellite stranded at too low of an orbit.

Well, I was planning on a August purchase date for my tv, but I'm going to try and time it with the bird launch. My theory is if it goes according to plan the price of HD tvs will tank because D will be a the leader in HD by far. Plus it's commish season and my check might be so big, it's go time for a 65 inch monster! Plus we got the 32 inch for game 2 and we got the 25 inch for game 3! And I got the hook up for a HD DVR for free!

You mean 25 inch tv for NASCAR... you know how i feel about my racing beyyyotch!

Guest lyrik

Cannot friggin wait..I have two 42"plasma and a 36 inch reg sony trintitron...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YAA bitches re-2-go! Aug 11th pre-season.

Guest klubveteran

this was huge for business. its can also casuse headaches if it doesnt go welll come september.

make sure that on your recivers you have the "BBC connector" otherwise you will not be able to see these channels.

thats a broadband connector.

Guest klubveteran

will you have the high def for football this year?? ;D And please tell me your getting a flat screen monster.... if not, party at my house!! LOL :P

ha! just get a plasma now you freaking lousy Jets fan and hit me up when your going to get your shit. 8)