Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Man vs. Wild

Guest JMT

Guest Devilicious

Tony Bourdain had a better adventure in Iceland. Getting drunk and eating sheep's brains.

This guy ate sheep's eyeballs, nasty

Guest coach

I still think there's gotta be a better way to make a living. The Mythbusters had the right idea. Find something fun and interesting to do, then get paid a bunch for it.

Guest 029
Check out Les Stroud who show is called Survivorman. He was on Discovery before Man VS Wild came out. He films everything himself no crew.

Now there you go. That's the real deal. I've seen that one, and he does do it hardcore, I just couldn't remember the name. I think his problem was that he wasn't as personable as Bear. Or maybe they didn't promote it hard enough. Man Vs Wild TOTALLY stole his premise. Is Survivorman still on?

I'm not sure if he is still on but I picked up his DVD yesterday. In my opinion they are both bad ass in their on ways. Bear is an accomplished climber which you can tell in every episode and he does extreme things which Les doesn't do but you have to give Les respect for having to do everything twice when he is out in the wild. Les has to set up his cameras and take the footage. After that he has to go back to pick the camera's up and then lug it back making it twice as hard.

EXACTLY! he's the real shiite!!!

Coach has it right about the everglades .. that's one of the friendlier places to be stuck (at least in the winter w/o the bugs). it's a virtual supermarket out there. i heartily recommend "slew sloggin" to anybody .. kinda like walking through a thick soup, just watch your step!

• 2 weeks later...

the show isn't just for him to show how much of a badass he is. it is, as he explains at the beginning, a way to show everyone how to survive in those places they drop him. if he was in a really bad situation, something very dangerous to himself, are we supposed to expect him to risk his life for a freakin tv show? no way. he has a wife and kids for pete's sake. he should most definitely get to safety if he needs it. i'd hate for the show to end because he's dead.

Guest coach
it is, as he explains at the beginning, a way to show everyone how to survive in those places they drop him.

Oh yadda yadda. Like, if you get dropped in the middle of a freaking iceburg you'll remember what some dumb TV host said 6 months before.

the show isn't just for him to show how much of a badass he is. it is, as he explains at the beginning, a way to show everyone how to survive in those places they drop him. if he was in a really bad situation, something very dangerous to himself, are we supposed to expect him to risk his life for a freakin tv show? no way. he has a wife and kids for pete's sake. he should most definitely get to safety if he needs it. i'd hate for the show to end because he's dead.

He shouldn't be lying about spending the night somewhere then speding a night at a hotel. BTW that is why I also posted the info about Les because he is out there by himself no crew.

Guest JMT

still, you can't fake jumping into a frozen lake, eating maggots off a carcass, or drinking elephant dung. the guy is still hardcore.

Guest swank

As far as the Everglades goes, fuck, I could survive for a month in the Everglades with a toothpick and flip flops. Plus, you couldn't walk more than a few miles without hitting a road or an Indian reservation.

Ok!!! this image has me laughing....are you also wearing some kind of hat?

Guest ICON

has anyone seen this show on Discovery? i think this is my new favorite show. the host is fucking nuts. he makes Steve Irwin look like Mr. Rogers.

the premise is that in every episode the host (a former british special forces soldier) gets literally dropped via parachute into a different type of wilderness and the camera follows him around for days and he does whatever it takes to survive and find his way out. he only takes a canteen, the clothes on his back, sometimes a small knife, and/or a flint rock.

i've seen a couple episodes so far, and the guy is an encyclopedia of survival. he eats whatever he can find and even resorted to drinking his own urine while in the Austrailian outback! :P

bio175.jpg

I recently started watching this and am hooked on it. The guy is fucking insane. The thing that mind boggles me about him is that he remains so positive about everything!

"It sure is hot out here and I have to get water fast... Ill just squeeze the water out of this elephant shit to keep me hydrated" SQUEEZES SHIT AND DRINKS IT "Mmmmm, this is so good in this situation"

WHAT THE FUCK? ???

Great show!