Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good bye Comast! Finally!

Guest Slide On The Ice

Comcast's customer service is lousy, and their tech support is inadequate. I laughed the time my cousin, who has a lot of experience with networking computers, had to school the tech guy on how to set something up on my system from his end.

Good luck on your choice.

Guest ICON

dont even get me started on Comcast.

My entire building was without cable AND internet for 5 fucking days... everybody was trying to call them and was just put on hold for hours.

Their on demand sucks.. they dont update it enough

their cable freezes up for 30 minutes at a time and you cant turn the fucking box off... sure i can unplug it but i dont have the time or energy to pull my entertainmnt center out and unplug it.

Point blank.. they fucking suck.

Guest GoodLife

For years I have had trouble with Comcast, worst company and worst customer service.

If I saw the owner of Comcasts black Enzo i'd piss on it.

Guest pod

It sucks because outside of provisioning a T-carrier level service, your choices are pretty much limited to pokey DSL and Comcast in South Florida.

Though I am seeing more and more buildings both old and new just saying 'screw it', running a T3 or two to the premises, and just doing Wi-Fi and Ethernet in the buildings. It's been a common thing in other areas of the country, but is the new deal in South Florida, since we're about 3 years behind in telecom.

Guest ramon

It sucks because outside of provisioning a T-carrier level service, your choices are pretty much limited to pokey DSL and Comcast in South Florida.

Though I am seeing more and more buildings both old and new just saying 'screw it', running a T3 or two to the premises, and just doing Wi-Fi and Ethernet in the buildings. It's been a common thing in other areas of the country, but is the new deal in South Florida, since we're about 3 years behind in telecom.

T3 is nothing sir. :)

You are on the right track though.

Guest RzO

yah i hate them , i just got off the phone with them cause my national geographic hd channel has vanished (which is the best channel ever imo). they told em the other day they were working on it, should be day or two, its been like a week

anyhow i hope the att thing that i read today that they willl be offering cable to broward and PB counties by the end of year, being that crist just signed the bill regulating cable

Guest pod

Well, for an average condo building here in SFL, a T3 would be a dream. Again, we're a bit behind down here.

I'd say run fiber, but I don't know of any developer that would think that far ahead.

Guest ramon

Well, for an average condo building here in SFL, a T3 would be a dream. Again, we're a bit behind down here.

I'd say run fiber, but I don't know of any developer that would think that far ahead.

there are a few that are thinking that way. :)

lol ....

i guess im the only happy camper with my Comcast service ..

of course nothing is perfect but i have to say .. im satisfied with my 8mbps intenet service (which btw just got faster on the upload speeds, find me something faster and maybe i'll think of switching) and with my dual tuner DVR-HDTV box

Guest ramon

lol ....

of course nothing is perfect but i have to say .. im satisfied with my 8mbps intenet service (which btw just got faster on the upload speeds, find me something faster and maybe i'll think of switching) and with my dual tuner DVR-HDTV box

yeah did it get it faster? i'm doing almost 2Mbps up now!

Guest JMT

i have no complaints either. internet and HD have both been fine. well, i did have my DVR lock up once during an episode of 24 and i had to unplug it, but that's the only incident.

Guest ramon

seems like it .. noticed that over the weekend ..

go to BroadBandreports.com and do a speed test .. choose the Miami server .. see how fast is uploading :)

not a good test , but decent one. i'm sending a large file atm. i'll try again in the am.

5132 / 1792 (Kbps)

(626.5 / 218.8 KB/sec)

Compared to the average of 3386 tests from comcast.net:

* download is 39% worse, upload is 65% better

Guest swirlundergrounder

I have been through 6 Comcast DVR's in 9 months!

And I don't watch that much TV.. Those DVRs are pieces of shit.

Luckily I live a few block from a Comcast office and if the thing even has a glitch I exchange it for another one....

seems like it .. noticed that over the weekend ..

go to BroadBandreports.com and do a speed test .. choose the Miami server .. see how fast is uploading :)

not a good test , but decent one. i'm sending a large file atm. i'll try again in the am.

5132 / 1792 (Kbps)

(626.5 / 218.8 KB/sec)

Compared to the average of 3386 tests from comcast.net:

* download is 39% worse, upload is 65% better

at least for the upload .. 218.8kb is way faster than any other service around, even faster than AT&T's lite DSL service for download speeds!