Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best dj u seen perform?...no matter the genre.

Guest eroc0411

Guest eroc0411

I gotta say erick morillo blew my mind...energy charisma mixing old 80's song w/ new shit... (i kno i kno cj thinks he sucks i kno...MY damn own personal opinion)

BUt i have a new champ... N i cant believe im sayin this... BUt it's Dj Am!!!

have any of u seen what this boy does 2 a record... I mean im just talking strictly djing skills... this boy can make a record cry... and beg for more... I seen him 3 times... and it was wack.. I guess it was the crowd, venue w/e... BUt i stood behind the man 2nite... ANd WOW, the boy got Talent... I heard some gun' n roses shit... wow i was left speachless... he played house, 80's, hip hop, everything... his hands faster then freaking lightning.. i though morillo was fast mixing n cutting... NO1 i mean no 1 can mix n cut and scratch a record LIke AM... Next time u see this dude... Just watch n listen... and enjoy...

Guest 4040

This is difficult but I would have to agree that Morillo in his hey day blew my mind as the best performing dj. I can honestly say that I have seen a majority of the djs and live P.A. out there and nobody has rocked quite like Morillo. He is the type of dj that can get the whole club dancing and I mean the whole club. I think what i've always digged was the way he would start out with some soulful house kind of like a tribute to oldschool house and then rip it up from there.

As for hip hop I would go with Tony Toca/Touch.

Guest tekniQz

Erick Morillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Almost everytime.

Sander Klienenberg,Lee Burridge!!!!Burridge is the best imo.

Konrad Black,Bill Patrick,Mauro Picotto,Jorge Jaramillo,Seb Fontaine, and Ferry Corsten.In no specific order.They have all been beyond incredible before.

Guest rhythmburn

DJ Shadow at The Rubb in Ybor City (Tampa) back in the late 90's...he played a double bass, and this large lanky Swedish guy was rockin out the live drum n' bass beats on a drum set for 2 hours solid without missing a beat...fucking incredible!!!

Guest gimp

the master of techno a living legend

sven vath

will take you on journey and entertain till when he feels like stoping

Guest Marina22

Carl Cox, James Zabiela, Donald Glaude, Danny Tenaglia, Jen Lasher, Timo Maas, Underworld, Tall Paul, Dubfire, Armin Van Buren and Steve Lawler.. Might be forgetting some but I am going on their energy level on the decks not technical ability since I am not a dj..

Forgot bout Sven but I also haven't had the chance to see him spin yet.. :(

Guest Jason_B

1) James Holden

2) Gaiser

3) Misstress Barbara

4) Lee Burridge

5) James Holden again and again and again

Guest lyrik

DJ Shadow at The Rubb in Ybor City (Tampa) back in the late 90's...he played a double bass, and this large lanky Swedish guy was rockin out the live drum n' bass beats on a drum set for 2 hours solid without missing a beat...fucking incredible!!!

Was thinking the same as for technical ability...Shadow, Craze, QBert...Jazzy Jeff and RJD2. Others I would say are great to watch would be Terrence Parker, Heather and Danny The Wildchild.

Guest Fernando A

Tenaglia on a couple occasions, Danny Howells.

There are a few others I still haven't seen that I'm sure are absolutely amazing.

Hip Hop - DJ Premier...best hip hop DJ and producer of all time.

Guest techno01

i was shockingly enthralled by DJ Sneak @ Laundry Bar the first time he played. It was the first time (maybe ever) that I literally danced ALL night (and I am way too old to dance all night anymore). Everyone danced all night, and it was a VERY diverse crowd, and we all stayed until close.

DDR @ LB had the same effect.

And Anatoli Russki (Red Commi) & Stryke. (Ismael is an up and coming one to watch!!!)

To be honest, I've more often been disappointed by big names that I finally get to see that aren't as impressive as they should be. (although Carl Cox back in Atlanta a few years ago was worth seeing on 3 decks).

Guest meta

i am sorry to say but rabbit in the moon has one hell of a show the only thing is (at least back in the day) once you see them once you have seen them every time.

Also craze is awesome especially when he still played wax you would see records flying all over the place.

Guest michael^heaven

<>Sasha-Pre-Ableton

<>Danny Tenaglia-Tribal America days

<>Dj Pierre (of Chicago, not the Pierre from France or the one from Holland)

<>Chris Harshman (former Simons resident)

<>Craig Richards

<>Terry Francis

<>Richie Hawtin

<>Joe T Vannelli

Guest lyrik

Shows that you know what your talkin about to seperate the three...some actually think Cajmere and Velvet are two different people...anyway...Pierre was just out here in dallas and I missed him due to back problems. Still love his older productions to this day...phantasy girl and especially The Don - The Horn Song on Strictly is still one of my all time favorites. Pierre is old school acid and in some ways I still miss those days back in chi.

Guest djjoncowan

<>Sasha-Pre-Ableton

<>Danny Tenaglia-Tribal America days

<>Chris Harshman (former Simons resident)

<>Craig Richards

<>Terry Francis

<>Richie Hawtin

<>Joe T Vannelli

pierre is definitely the shit.. pretty impressed with the chis harshman reference - old school - he actually got me into this scene as the guy was the shit.... for me though technically I've never seen anything close to jazzy jeff but of course thats hip hop. for technical skills in the house/prog genre best mixer i've ever seen is anthony pappa - he can ride two records or even three for ages. most consistant is dave seaman - i've played with him well over 100 times and maybe seen 1 or 2 bad shows out of him tops... pretty impressive stuff techinically

Guest djjoncowan

ps - why was this moved from the miami section????? its relevent to us... your getting too strickt now that nick is gone dan!

Guest jamu

James Zabriela @ Space

Steven Lee @ Noc Patio

Lawler @ Space

Tenaglia @ Space

Sander K @ Space Patio

Stryke @ Noc Patio

Robbie Rivera and Friends @ Amika and State

George Alvarado @ Metropolis

Planet of the Drums @ San Juan PR

Murk @ various places

Definately some of the best DJ sets I have had the oppurtunity to hear and witness.

Does Underworld count?

Underworld LIve @ Ultra- amazing.......

for djs id have to say

Tiesto @ Space during WMC a few yrs back and the time i was in the booth with tiesto at space thanks to buster....

Rabbit in the Moon@ Ultra-really for the showmanship than music (crazy shit)

JunkieXl@Nerve

Lee Burridge @ Nerve

Kleptomaniacs @ Nerve (old skool Lust party)

Edgar V @ Crobar (back in the day)

Markus Schulz @ Mama Mia (many times)--awesome fun times.

Chuck Love @ Blue

Johnny Fiasco@Shipwrecked

DJ Sneak @ Laundry Bar

Jellybean Benitez/Kenny Bobien@Rain

Diz@LaundryBar

jojoflores-many times.......

erick morillo @ space a few yrs back (patio)

roger sanchez @ space few yrs back (patio.. in booth with him)

Aquabooty anniv party @ nocturnal (forget the djs right now but it was fuckin sick)

Ferry Corsten @ Space (many times) esp the time buster gave me a 2 min shoutout on party 93.1 still the coolest thing to ever happen to me ever in my clubbing life lol

got to think more but overall id go with underworld live :o

Guest dahzel

-donald glaude

-quest love from the roots- he puts on a show and entertains

-underworld at ultra a few years ago was really good

-coxy usually kills it

-jackal and hyde vs dynamix II is amazing just to watch

-deep dish @ space on memorial day weekend a couple of years... proved all the haters callin them sleep dish wrong!! :P

Guest lyrik

if i had to choose one ...

Josh Wink ... at Space sometime ago ...

on a no-so-distant 2nd place .. DT and OG ...

:)

Ya wink is one of the most technically clean DJs I have ever heard...he is a wizard at making everything sound just right...perfect EQing.

Guest meta

if i had to choose one ...

Josh Wink ... at Space sometime ago ...

on a no-so-distant 2nd place .. DT and OG ...

:)

Josh Wink (Ultra 2)

Hybrid (Ultra 2)

But i just have to say the worst perfromance i have seen is Kevens. In almost every single party i have seen in at.