Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best dj u seen perform?...no matter the genre.

Guest eroc0411

Guest michael^heaven

<>Dj Pierre (of Chicago, not the Pierre from France or the one from Holland)

Shows that you know what your talkin about to seperate the three...some actually think Cajmere and Velvet are two different people...anyway...Pierre was just out here in dallas and I missed him due to back problems. Still love his older productions to this day...phantasy girl and especially The Don - The Horn Song on Strictly is still one of my all time favorites. Pierre is old school acid and in some ways I still miss those days back in chi.

Yeh, Pierre killed at Suite B in Orlando when I heard him there several months ago. Cut through genres like a knife through butter. Plus, throwing down some classic acid tunes.

<>Sasha-Pre-Ableton

<>Danny Tenaglia-Tribal America days

<>Dj Pierre (of Chicago, not the Pierre from France or the one from Holland)

<>Chris Harshman (former Simons resident)

<>Craig Richards

<>Terry Francis

<>Richie Hawtin

<>Joe T Vannelli

pierre is definitely the shit.. pretty impressed with the chis harshman reference - old school - he actually got me into this scene as the guy was the shit.... for me though technically I've never seen anything close to jazzy jeff but of course thats hip hop. for technical skills in the house/prog genre best mixer i've ever seen is anthony pappa - he can ride two records or even three for ages. most consistant is dave seaman - i've played with him well over 100 times and maybe seen 1 or 2 bad shows out of him tops... pretty impressive stuff techinically

We used to catch Pierre at least once per year at Simons back in the early '90's. Funny story, when I heard him at Suite B a while back, I mentioned Simons. A HUGE smile came over his face. He was like..."Man! That was a LONG time ago!" We chatted for a bit. Super cool, laid back guy. As far as Harshy, we would drive, religiously, every Saturday night (actually, Sunday morning ;)) to Simons to catch Chris' set which usually began around 6am. Ahhhh....miss those days!!!! 8)

Guest Buck White

Does Underworld count?

Underworld LIve @ Ultra- amazing.......

for djs id have to say

Tiesto @ Space during WMC a few yrs back and the time i was in the booth with tiesto at space thanks to buster....

Rabbit in the Moon@ Ultra-really for the showmanship than music (crazy shit)

JunkieXl@Nerve

Lee Burridge @ Nerve

Kleptomaniacs @ Nerve (old skool Lust party)

Edgar V @ Crobar (back in the day)

Markus Schulz @ Mama Mia (many times)--awesome fun times.

Chuck Love @ Blue

Johnny Fiasco@Shipwrecked

DJ Sneak @ Laundry Bar

Jellybean Benitez/Kenny Bobien@Rain

Diz@LaundryBar

jojoflores-many times.......

erick morillo @ space a few yrs back (patio)

roger sanchez @ space few yrs back (patio.. in booth with him)

Aquabooty anniv party @ nocturnal (forget the djs right now but it was fuckin sick)

Ferry Corsten @ Space (many times) esp the time buster gave me a 2 min shoutout on party 93.1 still the coolest thing to ever happen to me ever in my clubbing life lol

got to think more but overall id go with underworld live :o

Goddamn Bling....are you sure you didnt leave anyone out ? ;D

Guest slamminshaun

Tiesto in Concert. Not the best set, not the best DJ, but definitely the best performance I've ever seen a DJ bring to the table.

forgot to add

1. Derrick Carter @ Shine and Gryphon ( u remember those nites huh rob esp gryphon. holy fuck the man was droppin 30+ yr old vinyl(disco/funk) at 6 am in the main room to just a few people at gryphon)

sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Guest Marina22

James Zabriela @ Space

Steven Lee @ Noc Patio

Lawler @ Space

Tenaglia @ Space

Sander K @ Space Patio

Stryke @ Noc Patio

Robbie Rivera and Friends @ Amika and State

George Alvarado @ Metropolis

Planet of the Drums @ San Juan PR

Murk @ various places

Definately some of the best DJ sets I have had the oppurtunity to hear and witness.

Was that POTD, San Juan more recently? I just heard someone tell me about that last wednesday and he said it was amazing. I know after seeing them for my first time, I won't miss them again, in San Juan I am sure it was a blast. 8)

Guest yume

Has anyone seen Mike Relm?

I love that guy's shows. Turntablism, old school hiphop, 80's, rock, all combined with video mixing/scratching at the same time. It's incredible to watch, and funny as hell too. He's part DJ and part comedian.

It's a crazy one man show for the ears and the eyes.

He starts the set with a 2 foot high stack of bare vinyl beside him. :)

Guest redcommibastard

Stryke - never seases to amaize me :)

Nova and Major are probably my other local favorites - their track selection and ability to read the crowd are nothing short of great!

Ismael - maybe somewhat of a new kid on the block but his enthusiasm for music and dj ability are going to propell him to the top of everyone's list very quickly !

Punisher (Volatl, CHicago) - her live set at last WMC at PS 14 - blew me away

.... other then that, I am very hard to please being in the scene for almoust 20 years I've seen and heard a lot ... not to diminish anyone's abilities ... just sayin' a lot of it strats to run together after awhile :)

Guest jamu

James Zabriela @ Space

Steven Lee @ Noc Patio

Lawler @ Space

Tenaglia @ Space

Sander K @ Space Patio

Stryke @ Noc Patio

Murk @ various places

Definately some of the best DJ sets I have had the oppurtunity to hear and witness.

Was that POTD, San Juan more recently? I just heard someone tell me about that last wednesday and he said it was amazing. I know after seeing them for my first time, I won't miss them again, in San Juan I am sure it was a blast. 8)

No that was years ago. I wish I could have seen them recently I love their sets.

By the way I missed one of the greatest to ever touch a turntable

DJ Qbert Live. That show made me realize to the fullest the capabilities of what a turntable was capable of. Unreal.

Guest Marina22

James Zabriela @ Space

Steven Lee @ Noc Patio

Lawler @ Space

Tenaglia @ Space

Sander K @ Space Patio

Stryke @ Noc Patio

Murk @ various places

No that was years ago. I wish I could have seen them recently I love their sets.

By the way I missed one of the greatest to ever touch a turntable

DJ Qbert Live. That show made me realize to the fullest the capabilities of what a turntable was capable of. Unreal.

Damn, where did you see Qbert live? I have only seen him in a documentary and of course am impressed but never live..