Clubplanet Nightlife Community

50 Cent Accepts Offer To Debate Kanye On Live TV

50 Cent Accepts Offer To Debate Kanye On Live TV

Contributed by: Mike Winslow

Posted On: Monday, August 6, 2007 11:07 PDT

50 cent

Superstar rappers Kanye West and 50 Cent will go head-to-head on September 11, the day both artists' sophomore albums land in stores.

While fans of both rappers have relished in the friendly rivalry that seems to be brewing between the pair over the release date, 50 Cent has actually accepted a challenge to debate Kanye West on live TV.

50 Cent appeared on BET's 106 & Park countdown show on Friday to promote his upcoming album Curtis.

During the show, he accepted an offer from hosts Terrance J. and Rocsi to engage Kanye West in a presidential style "debate" to decide who has the best album, weeks before their albums hit stores.

The rivalry started when West's release date for his Def Jam/Universal release Graduation was shifted from September 18 to September 11.

Conversely, 50 Cent's album Interscope/Universal album Curtis was moved from September 4 to September 11.

"I accept the challenge," 50 Cent told millions of viewers on Friday (August 3). "Kanye, he's not going to want to show up. Just don't be asking me if I am a conscious rapper. I know exactly what I am saying - so I am conscious."

If Kanye were to accept the challenge posed by the hosts, the two colorful, outspoken rappers would appear live on the show to debate who has the better produced album.

50 Cent's sophomore album The Massacre sold over 1 million copies during its first week in stores, while West's second album Late Registration moved 860,000 units its first week on the shelves.

While 50 Cent claimed that Def Jam President Jay-Z would cave in and switch Kanye's release date, Jay-Z himself shot the notion down and welcomed the competition.

Popular gambling website Bodog.com recently began taking bets on which artist will sell more during the first week, if they hit stores on September 11 as planned.

Fans have wagered that 50 Cent's Curtis will outsell West's Graduation (180 to 140), while Curtis is also the favorite to top Billboard's Top 200 album chart.

Guest lyrik

??? ??? ??? ???

Exactly.

If anythin g though I suppose Kanye could point out the fact 50 basically lip synched his BET performance. At least West can actually rap live and keep in time with his own music.

Guest Buck White

For such a staunch racist....you certainly keep up on negro goings-ons.

it helps further the cause

Looks like someone's a little bi-curious. Are you the one that faces forward when it's time to play "hide the frankfurter" ?

Guest cire

2 mental giants going at it. these 2 have absolutely nothing the world needs to hear! this deserves a great big...WTF...lol

if anything, both of them make crap.

When rappers write articles:

Superstar rappers Kanye West and 50 Cent will go head-to-head on September 11, the day both artists' sophomore albums land in stores.

50 Cent's sophomore album The Massacre sold over 1 million copies during its first week in stores, while West's second album Late Registration moved 860,000 units its first week on the shelves.

These people are morons. Now how does one have a debate about who has the best album? It's pretty clear rap is dead and they are scared sales might go no where. I'm sure guys like 50 have spent all their money.

Guest Buck White

I don't know Buttermaker. He made 33 million last year. Oh, and then he made about 400 million from his 10% share of Vitamin Water. How much did you make last year ?

Guest LeVeL

These will be the both artists 3rd album but its great for the genre, a little propaganda wont hurt anybody and it will be good to hear what Kanye says and to hear 50 speak about the game of hip hop is worth listening too.

50 Cent ft. Robin Thicke - Follow My Lead , is an instant classic and its not even out yet.

As far both album being released on the same day is something big for music when 2 Rap heavyweights decide to take out the record on the same day, especially on a day like September 11 and when record sales are so bad.

As far as my opinion of who will have the better album, I will have to give the notch to Kanye West but in its first week 50 will sell more but in the long run Kanye West will sell more and get al the award too.

Guest mr.miami

i didnt bother reading the article.

Seeing 50 cent in a debate would be like watching a grunting cave man.

Guest Buck White

Yeah, the guys on his way to becoming a half-a-billionaire by making stupid decisions.

::)

You cats are hilarious.

Guest mr.miami

Yeah, the guys on his way to becoming a half-a-billionaire by making stupid decisions.

You cats are hilarious.

You dont have to be smart to make money just look at mike tyson for example.

Guest jbit

Looks like someone's a little bi-curious. Are you the one that faces forward when it's time to play "hide the frankfurter" ?

^^^ Resident message board douchbag ^^^

Guest Buck White

You cats are hilarious.

You dont have to be smart to make money just look at mike tyson for example.

Iron Mike is a perfect example of someone who has consistently made very bad decisions. But you're right...you don't have to be smart to make money.

Guest Buck White

JB....will you kindly get off Buttermaker and Buck's respective sacks. There's no reason why you, a man, should reek of perineum and balls.

Also, you misspelled douchebag.

Guest jbit

JB....will you kindly get off Buttermaker and Buck's respective sacks. There's no reason why you, a man, should reek of perineum and balls.

Also, you misspelled douchebag.

I bet you're the funniest guy in the half-way house.

Guest Buck White

Actually, recidivism rates are down. Oops....big word alert ?But, uhm, you're kinda on my d*ck, JB. So, uh, if you could........actually get off my d*ck...that would be swell. O.K. ? Thanksbyebyethen.

Guest JMT

50 Cent: I'll Quit if Outsold by West

Aug 10, 5:35 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - 50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

People_50_Cent.sff_NYET199_20070810154813.jpg

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070810/D8QUDKR80.html