Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie Summer Showcase - August 18th - Space - Granite & Phunk, Diaga, more!

Guest pod

Guest Ariel

Great night last night. Good to hear Diaga back at Space!

Good to meet Chris Falero, you rocked it! G n Funk held it down. ;)

But Alex, you fucking blew me away! Awesome tunes bro! and yes, I do owe you that Corona! lol 8)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScorpioPhunk

We had an amazing time. Thanks to all involved and thank you to Cooljunkie!

Great sets by all. Mr. Orue, you know how we feel about you. Dale.

'til next time...

Guest tekniQz

I had a great time the other day and sorry to Rizzo for making ya leave it was way to fuckin hot and rainy on the terrace for my liking.Elements have to be perfect for me to pull the all "morninger".lol

Also nice talking to you as always Pod we always seem to have an interesting conversation.I liked the visuals alot so i give you lots of props for putting on a great party.Your the man.

As for the music, i didnt get a chance ti hear Diaga but i know he can throw down as im sure he did.Alexander Orue was deffinitly the highlight of the night for me.He was awesome.His sound worked really well with the mainroom.

Patrick M is really getting to me though, i just dont dig him anymore.The last couple of times i've gone to Space he has just been ok.If i hear that Polka track one more time its going to be on!! ;DGino on the other hand has been insane, i really think he's a special dj and his sets are awesome. Nice work Gino, i love what your doing up there.

Z

Guest meta

I had a great time.

Thanks to diaga, ariel (too many shoots), spinderella, Pod, Keith, and who ever else, too many to name.

It was great meeting bling and Phunk from GAP.

Sorry i had to leave early but its all ariel's fault (J/P LOL)

Diaga awesome set very diverse. I wish i would have been there for orue's. I heard you rocked it brother.

Once again thank you to the CJ crew we had awesome time.

Guest pack seven

thanks to the cooljunkie family and space for having me out it was fun ariel it was nice to meet you as well congrats to everyone who played the sound was smooth all night vibe seemed great :)

-christian falero

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

now that my head is somewhat back in order after a looong Sunday i can comment on the festivities.

I am so pissed i missed out on Diaga's set, i heard it was outta hand. I actually woke up early just to catch him because i havnt heard him in a while. I was a little pissed when i got to Space at 1 and diaga had already spun, i thought for sure time slots would have been arranged differently. Diaga opening? ??? ??? :-\

I really was not feeling christian fallero's set at all. It did not fit the main room of Space whatsoever, especially prime time from 1-3. i knew something was up when i walked in to the world is mine playing, followed a bit later by madonna ray of light ??? and some random scattered jams in bettween. didnt work in that room or for that time. my 2cents.

Granite and phunk were ok. people were dancin. John nice seein you for a sec, i just wasnt feeling the set so much.

Patiently waiting and at 5AM Alex Orue took the decks over in the main room. His productions have been outta hand, but i have been wanting to hear him play. :o :o :o :o :o 8) 8)

ALEX FUCKING ROCKED THE MAIN ROOM PROPERLY!!!! He nailed the sound on the head, no cheese, just funk.

Hard, techy, funky...His remix of rapture, titty dancer and his new track scattered throughout the set. :o :o The main room has huge shoes to fill, but alex had those who remined in the place rockin. Diaga or Alex should have held the prime spots in My opinion. The people that stayed and were lucky enough to hear alex know what i am talking about. Great Set...Keep it up.

ALKI

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

didnt stay for orue but i agree with alki .. didnt feel chris falero or granite and phunk at all. diaga played great though

ORUE Stole the show!

Sebastian should have been in the cooljunkie showcase.......THAT BOY GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that my head is somewhat back in order after a looong Sunday i can comment on the festivities.

I am so pissed i missed out on Diaga's set, i heard it was outta hand. I actually woke up early just to catch him because i havnt heard him in a while. I was a little pissed when i got to Space at 1 and diaga had already spun, i thought for sure time slots would have been arranged differently. Diaga opening? ??? ??? :-\

I really was not feeling christian fallero's set at all. It did not fit the main room of Space whatsoever, especially prime time from 1-3. i knew something was up when i walked in to the world is mine playing, followed a bit later by madonna ray of light ??? and some random scattered jams in bettween. didnt work in that room or for that time. my 2cents.

Granite and phunk were ok. people were dancin. John nice seein you for a sec, i just wasnt feeling the set so much.

Patiently waiting and at 5AM Alex Orue took the decks over in the main room. His productions have been outta hand, but i have been wanting to hear him play. :o :o :o :o :o 8) 8)

ALEX FUCKING ROCKED THE MAIN ROOM PROPERLY!!!! He nailed the sound on the head, no cheese, just funk.

Hard, techy, funky...His remix of rapture, titty dancer and his new track scattered throughout the set. :o :o The main room has huge shoes to fill, but alex had those who remined in the place rockin. Diaga or Alex should have held the prime spots in My opinion. The people that stayed and were lucky enough to hear alex know what i am talking about. Great Set...Keep it up.

ALKI

+1

as for Diaga opening ? oh well .. let him tell you the "story"

im sure he did an amazing set ... was getting reviews all night via text messaging from Space employees .. (sorry i could not be there early to support friend .. )

had a great time .. 8)

Guest RzO

didnt stay for orue but i agree with alki .. didnt feel chris falero or granite and phunk at all. diaga played great though

ORUE Stole the show!

how true this is, we were up there looking at each other every single track, the tracks, programming, all were great, and like stated to take over the helm of the mainroom at 5 am takes alot of skill. We were truly rocked, one of the best 2 hours of music in that room i have heard in a while. Titty Dancer is my fav, and what was the id on that remix he played at the end that was also his, it was an older female vocal, one i should def know but i don't remember???

Chib, good to hang for the little bit i was there :)

Pod thanks for all that you do heheh ;) dvj's looked great as well as the regular transgressions.

Guest pod

Thanks again guys for coming out. I must give a big shout out to those who produce events on a weekly basis. Doing what I had to do to get the DJs sorted, the visuals, the lists, the open bar, and so forth...that's a lot of work. Like Dade says "You've gotta be prepared to work your ass off..."

I knew there's work involved, but doing it first hand, it's a trip. I had a blast doing it though.

We'll be doing another in short order, stay tuned. 8)

Guest JaviG

I had a great time the other day and sorry to Rizzo for making ya leave it was way to fuckin hot and rainy on the terrace for my liking.Elements have to be perfect for me to pull the all "morninger".lol

Also nice talking to you as always Pod we always seem to have an interesting conversation.I liked the visuals alot so i give you lots of props for putting on a great party.Your the man.

As for the music, i didnt get a chance ti hear Diaga but i know he can throw down as im sure he did.Alexander Orue was deffinitly the highlight of the night for me.He was awesome.His sound worked really well with the mainroom.

Patrick M is really getting to me though, i just dont dig him anymore.The last couple of times i've gone to Space he has just been ok.If i hear that Polka track one more time its going to be on!! ;DGino on the other hand has been insane, i really think he's a special dj and his sets are awesome. Nice work Gino, i love what your doing up there.

Z

Its Vallenato not polka ! get ur shyt str8..

Guest tekniQz

Z

Its Vallenato not polka ! get ur shyt str8..

Yep i dont like it. ;D Either way it stills sucks.It has really dissapointed me that Sven Vath spun this track last week @ the Cacoon party,i was telling my friend that doesnt normally listen to EDM about how sick Sven Vath is.So i let him listen to the Cacoon set and the

(VALLENATO) aka the POLKA track came on and he swore never to listen to EDM again after that.That one track has set back EDM 5 years at least. :D Really goes to show where EDM has gone.

Str8 now???

Guest Dj_Peace

I enjoyed myself although I did not get to stay long (wife was not feeling well) -what time Iwas ther though, just chilled ot and listened to the tunage being thrown down by diaga at the time ( i think) - next time I will have to fly solo. Overall, different set of music than what I play or normally listen to but enjoyed it all the same -good energy.

Great job Dan!

Guest JMT

the only cjers i saw were Steve and Pod, good bumping into you both. i agree with the consensus that the tunes had their ups and downs. i got there for the very end of diaga's set and that sounded good.

a special thanks goes out to The K for getting me out of that conference-like mob at the door. the door was slammed, but once inside the main room, it was the perfect degree of "packed". enough people to make it a good party, but enough room to walk around when you wanted to. lol, i think the crowd was overdoing the disco "oooa oooa" shouts a little bit, though.

good job by everyone who organized the event. i enjoyed myself.

Guest pod

What I was glad to see what a lot of the new people who have signed on came by to see what was what, as well as several lurkers. 8)