Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Help on buying used truck

Guest Mattivi

Guest Mattivi

CJ, need a little advice/tips on how to work down the price of a used truck. Truck is a Toyota Tundra at Lexus of Kendall and is going for around 18k. Im really not trying to spend much more than 16k, and i was wondering if it is possible to get down closer to that figure. thanks

Guest lyrik

Seems doable..stay firm, make sure they have your phone number, tell them that is your price (today) take it or leave it. They don't budge..walk. Usually they come running after you or call you back right away. I've even had a guy try to be tougher...he still ended up calling us back 2 days later and then we got for about $1500 less than our first offer.

Whats the blue book?

Some advice for you.

First rule of negotiating a price, be prepared to walk away. It's not an impulse buy, it's not a fuck it only a few more payments buy, it's not a I deserve this truck kind of buy, you pay what you want to pay, if they won't match your price, then walk away! Many other Tundra trucks out there.

Guest mr.miami

You paying in a lot of cash? What I would recommend you do is tell them you want to pay 15000 for the truck and see what type of counter offers they give. Also did you check the kelly blue book value?

Guest cire

Some advice for you.

First rule of negotiating a price, be prepared to walk away. It's not an impulse buy, it's not a fuck it only a few more payments buy, it's not a I deserve this truck kind of buy, you pay what you want to pay, if they won't match your price, then walk away! Many other Tundra trucks out there.

agreed, most of the time these guys are screwing you even when you do get you price, but if you stick firm as stated above, 9 times out of 10 you're going to get what you want. And if not...on to the next Tundra!

Guest spacecadet

You should look around I just got a new 2006 model that toyota tundra had left over from the older models 4 doors with all the toys for 21 K

Guest Mattivi

You should look around I just got a new 2006 model that toyota tundra had left over from the older models 4 doors with all the toys for 21 K

what dealer?

Guest spacecadet

what dealer?

The one next mall of america I actually got 2 tundra one was there another one they brought from jacksonville.Just make sure to ask if they any older left models left over.They keep some cars at the port or something like that not to sure.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Just whip out $15,000 in cold hard cash in front of the salesman and you might just get the truck for $14000....

I also recommend buying the Consumer Reports 'How To Buy A Used Car Guide'..

Several months ago I bought a new car for $200 above dealer invoice' which was close to $5000 below stick price.

Consumer Reports will have all the info you'll need..

Guest lyrik

Just whip out $15,000 in cold hard cash in front of the salesman and you might just get the truck for $14000....

Several months ago I bought a new car for $200 above dealer invoice' which was close to $5000 below stick price.

Believe it or not having all the cash upfront really isn't that appealing to a dealership...they rather see you finance your life away, but regardless people should at least be able to haggle within 1-3k range at the very least.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Believe it or not having all the cash upfront really isn't that appealing to a dealership...they rather see you finance your life away, but regardless people should at least be able to haggle within 1-3k range at the very least.

Not necesarily. A dealer would rather have all the money up front then have a buyer default on the loan or financing...

Guest lyrik

Not necesarily. A dealer would rather have all the money up front then have a buyer default on the loan or financing...

If its a ma and pa dealership maybe since they do their own in house financing and using their own money for it. However, if its a bigger dealership they are going through a bank to get the car financed for you. In this situation they are getting paid from the bank automatically and in most cases are making extra money every month from the increase in an interest rate. When a dealership gets the financing completed for you, they call upon several banks to see whats rates are going to be offered to you based on your credit. From that point, they will usually add anywhere from .5%-2% onto the rate when they advise you what they can get you financed at. This situation is a win win for the dealership as they are getting paid full price from the bank upfront and also making that additional money from the increase in the interest rate on a monthly basis. If the financing is being done through a bank and a borrower defaults, the bank is the one that loses out, not the dealership as they have already been paid for the car from the bank.

Guest Mattivi

If you have the money up front.. finance.. and pay it off within a year or two... your credit goes boom^

wow thanks genius! anymore hot tips? :P