Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has Deep House finally lost its groove in Miami?

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

Yeah u heard it here first..it is slowly but surely disappearing.

Crap for House is slowly not producing events anymore, Aquabooty has been downgraded to playing the back-room of Pawnshop, after having their night stripped from them by the guys @ Poplife.

Its a domino effect, I guess these guys finally figured out that comping Bling and the rest of their crowd is not the way to make money.

You can say its music for your soul all you want but in reality its your pockets that are the one's soulsearching for money to be brought in..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I wouldn't say it's gone at all. It's a popular sound at the smaller parties, as well as some of the hotel events on Collins Ave.

Don't ask me for specifics...

But yeah, Bling is gonna come in here swinging.

Guest meta

I wouldn't say it's gone at all. It's a popular sound at the smaller parties, as well as some of the hotel events on Collins Ave.

Don't ask me for specifics...

But yeah, Bling is gonna come in here swinging.

especially at the beginning of the events when people are chillen and relaxing. i play deep house from time to time when it calls for it.

deep house is not going anywhere. Aquabooty does a party usually every 2 months or so now..

I for one rather have 1 monthly AB party than a weekly.. it was just too much as im betting Joe and Tomas would agree with me

its about QUALITY NOT QUANTITY...

same thing you can say about your beloved Trance Level... cept for the same 2 trance djs that come to miami (tiesto and pvd) there is nothing going on in the trance community

i cant even recall the last time ferry was here outside wmc.

deep house parties are still going on.. few which are not advertised on this site ;) which kick ass

while there no longer are Lust4house parties for the most part(last one was stacy kidd at hotel victor) and AB has slowed down that doesnt mean squat.

and to characterize as the deep house crowd as the only crowd that gets comped is BS everyone on this board gets comped regardless of the genre of the music

In general dance music right now IMHO needs new faces (DJS and sounds) across all the genres im hearing way too much of the same stuff out there.

BTW

logo.gif

4 life :)

Guest Floribel

Cool read! Thanks

Oh, and if this is true, help a sista out...

deep house parties are still going on.. few which are not advertised on this site ;) which kick ass

Guest tbooty
Crap for House is slowly not producing events anymore, Aquabooty has been downgraded to playing the back-room of Pawnshop, after having their night stripped from them by the guys @ Poplife.

Level you shouldn't talk shit about things you know nothing about.

Pull your head out of your ass... if you knew anything about us you would know that we take the summer off every year. Also, i have a real life outside of throwing parties in Miami which i choose to enjoy over the summer as opposed to sweating my ass off here.

We left Pawn Shop on our own and have an open invitation to do events there anytime we want. We choose the back room because the sound and the vibe is better and every event we do is packed to the rafters. What have you done lately (or ever for that matter)?

Ps.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

AQUABOOTY, OPIUM GROUP & SALTED MUSIC PRESENT

MIGUEL MIGS & PETALPUSHER LIVE!

Feat: Miguel Migs, Lisa Shaw & Timmy Fuller.. backed by an 8 piece live band.

Special Dj sets by:

MIGUEL MIGS (Salted Music, Naked Music)

MARQUES WYATT (Om, Deep-LA)

JULIUS PAPP (NEO DISCO)

Mansion 1235 Washington Ave.

Doors 10pm

dead my ass!

Level you shouldn't talk shit about things you know nothing about.

Pull your head out of your ass... if you knew anything about us you would know that we take the summer off every year. Also, i have a real life outside of throwing parties in Miami which i choose to enjoy over the summer as opposed to sweating my ass off here.

We left Pawn Shop on our own and have an open invitation to do events there anytime we want. We choose the back room because the sound and the vibe is better and every event we do is packed to the rafters. What have you done lately (or ever for that matter)?

Ps.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

AQUABOOTY, OPIUM GROUP & SALTED MUSIC PRESENT

MIGUEL MIGS & PETALPUSHER LIVE!

Feat: Miguel Migs, Lisa Shaw & Timmy Fuller.. backed by an 8 piece live band.

Special Dj sets by:

MIGUEL MIGS (Salted Music, Naked Music)

MARQUES WYATT (Om, Deep-LA)

JULIUS PAPP (NEO DISCO)

Mansion 1235 Washington Ave.

Doors 10pm

dead my ass!

that migs party will be awesome cant wait... 8 piece live band plus lisa shaw :o

Guest hiram

deep house is not going anywhere. Aquabooty does a party usually every 2 months or so now..

I for one rather have 1 monthly AB party than a weekly.. it was just too much as im betting Joe and Tomas would agree with me

its about QUALITY NOT QUANTITY...

same thing you can say about your beloved Trance Level... cept for the same 2 trance djs that come to miami (tiesto and pvd) there is nothing going on in the trance community

i cant even recall the last time ferry was here outside wmc.

while there no longer are Lust4house parties for the most part(last one was stacy kidd at hotel victor) and AB has slowed down that doesnt mean squat.

and to characterize as the deep house crowd as the only crowd that gets comped is BS everyone on this board gets comped regardless of the genre of the music

In general dance music right now IMHO needs new faces (DJS and sounds) across all the genres im hearing way too much of the same stuff out there.

BTW

logo.gif

4 life :)

ferry was here at space last year promoting his on his L.E.F. tour. besides that he'll be comming to mansion in the comming months. armin also does a yearly stop or two at space though it seems like it wont happen this year. ATB was at revolution not too long ago also. trance isnt going anywhere either

Guest hiram

MANSION?? not too keen on the venue at all but i can see this as one of very few places that can pull off an event of this type (live band and all)

sad to see its not at karu :(

i hear ya. i cant stand mansion for any type of event. karu would be great

Guest Floribel

I'm never able to dance in Mansion :( but this will most likely be one to remember nonetheless.

I might have to suck up to someone in the VIP section for the first time in my life for this event. disgusting. I knew it was gonna have to happen sometime when I moved down here without being a millionaire, LOL.

Guest tbooty

Mansion was the only venue with a real live stage setup that could do the show (afford $ a show of this size). and yes they will be moving the vip tables so there will be a real dance floor also ;D

Guest Orls

I'm never able to dance in Mansion :( but this will most likely be one to remember nonetheless.

I might have to suck up to someone in the VIP section for the first time in my life for this event. disgusting. I knew it was gonna have to happen sometime when I moved down here without being a millionaire, LOL.

Truly ashame that events like this are held at Mansion. IMO if your going to go, spend the $$$ on a table b/c your gonna hate yourself for even bothering to go to this. You'll have to resort to dancing on the stairs :-\

Guest Orls

Mansion was the only venue with a real live stage setup that could do the show (afford $ a show of this size). and yes they will be moving the vip tables so there will be a real dance floor also ;D

I have heard this before with no result, outside of WMC.

Guest Floribel

Whatev, I'm just happy for this booking.

Don't forget how good you have it here guys, I can tell you this having moved from Trampa not so long ago.