Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has Deep House finally lost its groove in Miami?

Guest LeVeL

Guest rhythmburn

Whatev, I'm just happy for this booking.

Don't forget how good you have it here guys, I can tell you this having moved from Trampa not so long ago.

Trampa is not that bad at all...i grew up there and am up there about once a month...you just gotta know where to go and who to hang out with

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orls

yea, well it's in Miguel's contract.. we would not do it otherwise.

:) ... last time i was at mansion was my office xmas party last yr...

lets hope they acknowledge the stips in migs' contract

I guess if they don't sell enough presale tic's the VIP will probably stay.

Guest ramon

deep house isn't going anywhere .. and once season rolls around you'll some folks who haven't graced us outside of march. :)

keep up the good work folks.

house house and more fuckin house ;)

Guest tbooty
so tomas when do we get the official aquabooty mailer for presale tix

Coming soon.. pre-sale is the way to go here. there will be no list for this one. t

Guest DJ Christian
Crap for House is slowly not producing events anymore, Aquabooty has been downgraded to playing the back-room of Pawnshop, after having their night stripped from them by the guys @ Poplife.

Level you shouldn't talk shit about things you know nothing about.

Pull your head out of your ass... if you knew anything about us you would know that we take the summer off every year. Also, i have a real life outside of throwing parties in Miami which i choose to enjoy over the summer as opposed to sweating my ass off here.

We left Pawn Shop on our own and have an open invitation to do events there anytime we want. We choose the back room because the sound and the vibe is better and every event we do is packed to the rafters. What have you done lately (or ever for that matter)?

Ps.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

AQUABOOTY, OPIUM GROUP & SALTED MUSIC PRESENT

MIGUEL MIGS & PETALPUSHER LIVE!

Feat: Miguel Migs, Lisa Shaw & Timmy Fuller.. backed by an 8 piece live band.

Special Dj sets by:

MIGUEL MIGS (Salted Music, Naked Music)

MARQUES WYATT (Om, Deep-LA)

JULIUS PAPP (NEO DISCO)

Mansion 1235 Washington Ave.

Doors 10pm

dead my ass!

i can't stand deep house but i have to hand it to TBooty for sticking it to the guy who started this post. That lineup is a pretty solid retort!

Guest DJ Christian

Eh, whatever. Arguing about music is like racing in the Special Olympics...

how so - even if someone wins you're all still retarded?

Guest rhythmburn

Pretty much. It's just music.

your point being taken, music affects some people much more deeply than others, so to them it is not 'just music'

Guest JMT

no it's not just music!

it's a spiritual thing, down deep in your soul, makes ya dance, the house music etc etc etc ;D

it's a soul thing.

Guest swank

no it's not just music!

it's a spiritual thing, down deep in your soul, makes ya dance, the house music etc etc etc ;D

it's a soul thing.

a mind thing...a body thing...not everyone understands house music...

you guys are all retarded!!!! Deep House rules and you know it! ::)

Guest Seb

no it's not just music!

it's a soul thing.

so when the hell is Jojo coming back? :)

Guest djway830

no it's not just music!

it's a soul thing.

Yes Sebastian. I was thinking about emailing him to see what his schedule was like. JoJo needs to come down here. He can reach out to a much larger audience than so many other deep house deejay's

Guest swank

no it's not just music!

it's a soul thing.

Yes Sebastian. I was thinking about emailing him to see what his schedule was like. JoJo needs to come down here. He can reach out to a much larger audience than so many other deep house deejay's

We'll be back in September....stay tuned!

Guest Floribel

no it's not just music!

it's a soul thing.

I'll be awaiting anxiously :D

Guest Brad Sever

deep house is not going anywhere. We open up very deep and funky every wed night @ Boogie. And Blue is very happy to have that sound back. When I first moved here thats pretty much all they played there. Keep on the lookout for some very special guests at Boogie who deff repp the deep sound..

no it's not just music!

it's a soul thing.

;)

Guest pod

I like deep house, tech house, house house, trance, most forms of dance music. It pisses off a lot of the music heads, they call me a fence sitter. But in my mind, there's a time and a place for most forms of dance music. Deep house fits in that back room at PS. Deep house does not fit at Space. My biggest beef these days is the lack of what I call musical placement. People forgot to figure out the location when they play or book DJs.

That being said, there's still deep house events out there, and like all the other genres in this fickle town, it has come and faded and come back again.

Guest swank

Deep! haha there I said it...

I never got this 'Deep' thing. many of the DJ's that here in Miami (CJ to be exact) are considered "DEEP" play 10% of deep genres of music...the rest is a mixture of their experiences that span a minimum of 10-15 years of experience and music.

You will most usually never find them playing 135BPM and over...does that mean that the music is boring..? Not if you have a little imagination and the time to actually listen to the music.

It's not for everyone and they tend to like it that way...

We 'therapy' - 'gotsoul' - Swank - jojoflores have never had a problem here in Miami as far as how many show up, how good the sales are, and what the crowd is like...because we try to focus on the party.

Whatever happened to the party...? I'm sure that if a club would suck up their big balls and personal taste's they would probably be very succesful with this genre since I can find the other stuff in 'ANY club I walk into here in South Florida....ANY club.... - boring -

We have residencies in 5 other U.S. cities which reminds me...check us out on Friday at Cielo - ;D

therapynycaug1707sd6yi3.jpg

Guest Dj_Peace

Now that summer is coming to an end, me and many of the Residence crew will not be touring as much so stay tuned... cuz like AB , we keep it deep and funky and soulful - and all are welcomed ;D