Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has Deep House finally lost its groove in Miami?

Guest LeVeL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest meta

And why you people argue about music is beyond me.

Hey the board was as dead as a horse' date=' I had to do it... ;D

[/quote']

Saleen really hasn't been stirring up the pot here lately.

Guest tekniQz

I like deep house, tech house, house house, trance, most forms of dance music. It pisses off a lot of the music heads, they call me a fence sitter. But in my mind, there's a time and a place for most forms of dance music. Deep house fits in that back room at PS. Deep house does not fit at Space. My biggest beef these days is the lack of what I call musical placement. People forgot to figure out the location when they play or book DJs.

That being said, there's still deep house events out there, and like all the other genres in this fickle town, it has come and faded and come back again.

I agree with you Pod i like all EDM and have appreciation for it all and i think there is great talent in all EDM.I just feel like EDM in general is the best because it is highly mood oriented and deep house is uber-chill.Some people dont dig it but Jojo Flores at K&Y last time wasnt that bad.I danced.I smiled.I drank.Seemed like a normal night for me.lol

Any EDM is better than Country music or Polka. ;)

Guest swank

I like deep house, tech house, house house, trance, most forms of dance music. It pisses off a lot of the music heads, they call me a fence sitter. But in my mind, there's a time and a place for most forms of dance music. Deep house fits in that back room at PS. Deep house does not fit at Space. My biggest beef these days is the lack of what I call musical placement. People forgot to figure out the location when they play or book DJs.

That being said, there's still deep house events out there, and like all the other genres in this fickle town, it has come and faded and come back again.

I agree with you Pod i like all EDM and have appreciation for it all and i think there is great talent in all EDM.I just feel like EDM in general is the best because it is highly mood oriented and deep house is uber-chill.Some people dont dig it but Jojo Flores at K&Y last time wasnt that bad.I danced.I smiled.I drank.Seemed like a normal night for me.lol

haha! I was coming out swingin there but you made a comment that made sense (not because it was about my party) and that was "K&Y last time wasn't that bad.I danced.I smiled.I drank.Seemed like a normal night for me."

If the music is uber-chill then that might mean that the DJ is 'uber-chill'

Just because you have a Ferrari doesn't mean you can go fast...you first have to learn how to drive that bitch!

Guest psboyuk

haha! I was coming out swingin there but you made a comment that made sense (not because it was about my party) and that was "K&Y last time wasn't that bad.I danced.I smiled.I drank.Seemed like a normal night for me."

Just because you have a Ferrari doesn't mean you can go fast...you first have to learn how to drive that bitch!

I think everyone's personal EDM taste varies. People who prefer harder driving music will consider deep house to be 'uber-chill'. I have danced my ass of at Deep House and Soulful House events and worked up a good sweat. The Jojo Flores party at Kary & Y was good - but I really didn't dance, primarily because I didn't have much space to do so. That was my problem with that event - and I know Swank had an issue with it too. Because of that, it had more of a 'chill' atmosphere.

Anyway, I agree with POD on this issue also. I like many kinds of music - be it Tech, Deep, or Hard house. It just depends on my mood. I gravitate to Deep House (Deep, Tech, Funky, and Soulful House styles to be exact) because that's what I play, but I can listen to many other styles and can enjoy myself at events playing other styles.

;D

~Dennis

Guest swank

I think everyone's personal EDM taste varies. People who prefer harder driving music will consider deep house to be 'uber-chill'. I have danced my ass of at Deep House and Soulful House events and worked up a good sweat. The Jojo Flores party at Kary & Y was good - but I really didn't dance, primarily because I didn't have much space to do so. That was my problem with that event - and I know Swank had an issue with it too. Because of that, it had more of a 'chill' atmosphere.

Anyway, I agree with POD on this issue also. I like many kinds of music - be it Tech, Deep, or Hard house. It just depends on my mood. I gravitate to Deep House (Deep, Tech, Funky, and Soulful House styles to be exact) because that's what I play, but I can listen to many other styles and can enjoy myself at events playing other styles.

;D

~Dennis

the only thing needed to dance are your 2 feet! :P baddam-ching!

But yeah...we're working on that 'need some room to dance' issue.

u all know i need a jojo fix every so often Karu and Y was a sick party. i wont say i loved his set.. it was diverse though jojo is a master he knows how to play for the room.

but his set that nite was too commercially for my tastes. Jojo at shine (was awesome both times) and im sure his set at laundry bar which i missed im sure rocked

i think montreal deep 37 is actually up on grooveparlor.com streaming audio

check it out.. thats some good shyte ;D

Guest kmix

funny that about the complaints about deep house..yet just last week i had two of the best deep house jocks playing at the press room....if you want deep house to remain all you have to do is go out and support the events...keep tuned for the next SOUL SEXXY SESSION....

Guest Sela V

The discussions of deep or soulful house music posted on these messageboards are surreal, compared to the reality of listening, dancing, performing and enjoying this music. Therein lies the entertainment value of this thread...

Guest tbooty

99% house music free guarantee.

2002226729356575558_rs.jpg

CAR BOOT SOUL

Friday August 17th

10pm - 5am

Brothers in rhythm

Omar (dhm)

tomas (aquabooty)

One night of seriously hellafied.. futuristic space funk, afro-latin, post-disco, classics and assorted deep soul music!

Circa 28

2826 N Miami Ave. Downtown

No cover charge, good friends & great music

Guest lyrik

You have to remember Miami is a special animal...same can be said for any other sub/genre trying to make headway in Miami like deep house...ask the techno guys. I'm sure they are exhausting every resource with this new crop of events...some have to be struggling while others may get good numbers. Its no wonder how other semi-popular genre of music will come along and see an opening when another is on what appears to be a decline...fact is for the most part on average those smaller one offs at the smaller clubs will face the amount of patrons and obsticals that house and deep house (the stuff you hear that doesn't get played in big clubs here in MIAMI only) had when they were trying to push their parties. Lust and AB are seasoned vets they know when and how it is profitable to draw the best crowds....again QUALITY over quantity. Outside of Miami it is a much different world/game. Miami is about packaging and easily recognized music built on the fact that if certain jocks are playing certain tunes that makes it okay to support...for example Green Velvet. How many people would have went out to see him 6-7 years ago...but let one poppish house song like shake & pop get played to death by top Miami jocks and of course its easy to digest and risk the suppot factor. Non-main room house and deep house is pretty consistent with places like laundry bar and blue and always has been...this music scene is as a whole on the decline if anything deep house/house people should take comfort in knowing they will always command the intimate and vibey spaces where multi-million dollar establishments around town bring in less and less top talent and a variety of such because its just not cost effective anymore...same amount of people come out regardless.

I think Cowan has some things cooking up at Shine in the Fall...was doing some surfing on myspace and seen some dates on some DJs pages...Colette for one and not too mention she has started to perform with a 5 piece live band...hopefully that is in the cards.

Guest DeepHouseMan

I've been reading the crap that people post on here for a longggggg time and I obviously never post. But LEVEL, you f$!%ing duesh bag, where do you get your bullshit information from you fu@#$ing tool !?!?!

What a bull@#$t thread you started here.

LEVEL, deeeeeeez nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

LOL

I've been reading the crap that people post on here for a longggggg time and I obviously never post. But LEVEL, you f$!%ing duesh bag, where do you get your bullshit information from you fu@#$ing tool !?!?!

What a bull@#$t thread you started here.

LEVEL, deeeeeeez nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

LOL

lmao WELCOME TO CJ ;D

Guest DeepHouseMan

""Some think that the progression of house has turned into progressive but WE know that progressive AINT progress and progressive AINT HOUSE. Do you know house?""

Werd!

Guest lyrik

""Some think that the progression of house has turned into progressive but WE know that progressive AINT progress and progressive AINT HOUSE. Do you know house?""

Werd!

Takin it back...Tony Humphries style. Careful you may incite the house wars...."we don't take kindly to people taking kindly around here".