Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HELP NEEDED - Pod, please don't move this

Guest JustDade

Guest JustDade

Some of you know already that my wife, Rebecca, and I take a month or so off each year and travel. Last year we spent that time in Asia and loved it so much we've decided to return this year. In researching the trip we discovered some people we could not resist wanting to help.

Please visit our travel blog at http://www.wherearetheynow.typepad.com . You'll see information on the front page about some children we've been helping and are trying to do more for. We've set up a set of links that allow people to make donations directly through our website. If you're interested you can also access the archives and see some info and pics from our last trip.

Thanks so much -

Dade

Guest JustDade

By the way....we leave on Oct 22 and will be updating the blog everyday if you're inclined to follow along this year.

Guest Electric Eel

You guys are like the Brad and Angelina of Miami. I think its a wonderful thing you are doing, we need more people like you in this world.

Guest JustDade

You guys are like the Brad and Angelina of Miami. I think its a wonderful thing you are doing, we need more people like you in this world.

I wouldn't go as far as calling us Brangelina, (even though we are adopting from Asia), but thanks for the kind words. NOW DONATE SOME MONEY!!!!!

Guest coach

I wouldn't go as far as calling us Brangelina, (even though we are adopting from Asia), but thanks for the kind words. NOW DONATE SOME MONEY!!!!!

Yeah, you're way hotter than Brad.

We'll drop some in the pot.

Guest creativemafia

Some of you know already that my wife, Rebecca, and I take a month or so off each year and travel. Last year we spent that time in Asia and loved it so much we've decided to return this year. In researching the trip we discovered some people we could not resist wanting to help.

Please visit our travel blog at http://www.wherearetheynow.typepad.com . You'll see information on the front page about some children we've been helping and are trying to do more for. We've set up a set of links that allow people to make donations directly through our website. If you're interested you can alsoaccess the archives and see some info and pics from our last trip.

Thanks so much -

Dade

Can i get an RSS feed?

Guest JustDade

Please visit our travel blog at http://www.wherearetheynow.typepad.com . You'll see information on the front page about some children we've been helping and are trying to do more for. We've set up a set of links that allow people to make donations directly through our website. If you're interested you can alsoaccess the archives and see some info and pics from our last trip.

Thanks so much -

Dade

Can i get an RSS feed?

I don't even know what that is. You kids and your new-fangled stuff.

Guest creativemafia

Thanks so much -

Dade

Can i get an RSS feed?

The Drake family made a donation. make sure to send us a picture!

Guest JustDade

Thanks so much -

Dade

Can i get an RSS feed?

The Drake family made a donation. make sure to send us a picture!

Thanks so much Sean. We've already ordered the piglets on your behalf and will be sure to send you photos.

Everyone here should be able to help a little bit. Putting a child in school for a year is $9....or another way to put it is less than half of most cover charges or a drink.

I'm not sure how many of you know that our main business isn't clubs. In fact, we're in the wedding business and operate and own the site www.whiteaisle.com . We've started a program on that site to help these kids where we ask people to "invite 1 extra guest" to their wedding. It's a $9 donation and it puts a kid in school.

Oh yeah.....when you make a donation you will be charged shipping, (no way to avoid it the way the system is set up), but we will refund that portion of the transaction.

Guest Electric Eel

I did, I did. Geez relax! lol

Guest JustDade

I did, I did. Geez relax! lol

More piglets!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Guest TaraTaint

Good Luck Dade and Best Wishes in Asia. It's nice to know that I could feed a family for a month for what it would cost me one drink at Mansion. :D

Guest JustDade

Good Luck Dade and Best Wishes in Asia. It's nice to know that I could feed a family for a month for what it would cost me one drink at Mansion. :D

Got it....THANKS!!!! But that's exactly the point. We have so much we often don't think a lot about the fact that for the cost of a couple of drinks or lunch we can actually do something really wonderful for someone. If we each do a little, it adds up to a lot. Besides, most of us could use a drink or two less.

nice site Dade... i remember you told me about your wedding business way back.. nice site.. awesome awesome pics of the orient... that part of the world is breathtaking..

yet its so sad to see all the poverty around the world. :(

Guest JustDade

is my donation guaranteed to not be intercepted by warlords?

Good question, (not really,but you guys are coming through), and the answer is yes. First, we've done a ton of research on these organizations. Second, we're actually going to be there when these things are distributed.

Guest JustDade

Dade,

Just finished my transaction. Will Sasha be playing?

Sorry...couldn't resist :-)

A million thanks.....and YES, Sasha will be playing alongside DJ Big Buddha.

Guest JustDade

Thanks so much Jason!

For those of you that are a little more visual, here are some photos that were recently taken by a photographer we've been in contact with. They are of the children living in the garbage dump of Phnom Penh. They work collecting trash in the hopes of selling it to help feed their families rather than having an opportunity to attend school. It seems to be a common situation in Cambodia.

photos courtesy of Nigel J A Gregory

bottle.jpg

twoboys.jpg

clouds.jpg