Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

-free speech, gotta love it.

Lily Allen just posted the following on her official blog:

“Monday, August 20, 2007

hello all

v festival was great, thanks to everybody who came ,

i just want all my fans to know this ,

I have called george bush a c**t at pretty much every show i have played over the past year , that is because I think he is one and i stand by that . You can make up your own mind as to whether you agree with me or not , thats just how i feel . Just because i hate george bush doesnt mean I hate america , quite the opposite , I think the US is a great place and I am really sad that I cant be there for my commitments scheduled for the near future . what i said about George Bush this weekend bears no relation to what happened a couple of weeks ago with my visa , that is an issue with the US immigration service . I just wanted to let you all know that my †foul mouthed tirade †so widely reported over the past couple of days is actually pretty rehearsed and i've been saying it long before all this visa issue

also me raising a drink to Amy Winehouse, was just that , showing my support for her . I’ve been around enough substance abuse and alcoholism to know that it’s a serious matter , and not to be taken lightly .

- sorry, i wanted to write this because i felt like if i didn’t say anything you all might believe the rubbish your being fed .

Lilyâ€

Guest lyrik

I checked out her music, it's different, but I don't see the US eating this stuff up. It seems her previous attempt at a tour here failed and now she's banned. Chick has a mouth on her, now it's costing her millions of dollars.

I like her stuff and I agree I don't see her breaking any concert records. I prefer Winehouse and even better Joss Stone over her...Corrine Bailey Ray (Sp?) is also another singer that is along the same lines as is Norah Jones...all have their own take on Jazz, Blues and RnB.

Guest web_norah

I checked out her music, it's different, but I don't see the US eating this stuff up. It seems her previous attempt at a tour here failed and now she's banned. Chick has a mouth on her, now it's costing her millions of dollars.

I like her stuff and I agree I don't see her breaking any concert records. I prefer Winehouse and even better Joss Stone over her...Corrine Bailey Ray (Sp?) is also another singer that is along the same lines as is Norah Jones...all have their own take on Jazz, Blues and RnB.

They're all different musicians appealing to different markets

It is like comparing Christina Aguilera to Regina Spektor ...

fyi - not everyone wants to do stadium size gigs or break record sales and become the next pop or R&B startlet ..

Lilly sells huge amounts in Europe and Asia --good for her if she doesn't want to tour the US, in a way, she already has gone to major cities stateside and the rest of the world.

Not bad for a girl who promoted herself on Youtube and got a record deal from doing it.

Guest cire

I don't know there is plenty of bands here in the U.S. that could care less about playing to the Majority Massive. They are just fine with their indie or worse record label and playing small couple hundred to maybe couple thousand person venue. They know their niche audience and that's all they care about, I dig that, they're not music WHORES! Just doing it cause they want too .

Guest pod

I dig that, they're not music WHORES! Just doing it cause they want too .

Good for them, but a lot of the time you can't make a living off of that.

Guest Marina22

Heard her song "Smile" back in February and I liked the song/video. She's aight dunno the rest of her music. So what if she has a mouth on her, so did Madonna.. ::)

Heard her song "Smile" back in February and I liked the song/video. She's aight dunno the rest of her music. So what if she has a mouth on her, so did Madonna.. ::)

Madonna had talent and success which allowed her to run her mouth, this dumb broad is running her mouth to generate interest in her, we all see threw the rouse. She is the Steve O of music.

Bitch got owned

Silly Lily is a Pill!

Posted Aug 28th 2007 10:49AM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Wacky and Weird

Lily AllenVisa-challenged singer Lily Allen was feeling a bit too irie over the weekend -- and shoved a well-known reggae artist off the stage in front of thousands at the Notting Hill Carnival -- prompting him to pour a beer over her head! After the scuffle, Lily ran off red-faced.

Allen, who is supposedly a big fan of Kray's debut album, "Tales From a Skinny White Boy," took Kray's mic and began mimicking a fake Jamaican accent as a stunned crowd watched. Kray wasn't hurt in the fray. An onlooker said, "Lily just pushed him off. He wasn't happy."

Kray exacted revenge by grabbing Allen's pint and dumping it on her. Jah mon! As the audience cheered, a soaking wet, humiliated Allen ran off the stage. We be jammin'!