Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hate it or Love it... Hip Hop Heavyweights are loving it..

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

DHOxB8j2DtA

As much as people hate it...guys like Kanye West is requesting he perform @ VMA's. Talib Kweli loves it, calling it fresh.

People screaming that Hip Hop is dead can scream all they want but when those people's own favorite artists are giving this kid props for his marketing skills and fresh appeal. It tells you that hip hop is slowly turning the corner. In a time where so much eclectic styles of hip hop are coming out and becoming hits.

Guest dahzel

dude, are you on crack? This is garbage. Hip hop is dead and this crap is exactly that, more crap.

The song is annoying, it has no words to it.

hip hop is dead?!?! that shows your ignorance man... check the charts. you are a dumbass for saying that, don't let your personal opinion get in way of fact.

dude, are you on crack? This is garbage. Hip hop is dead and this crap is exactly that, more crap.

hip hop is dead?!?! that shows your ignorance man... check the charts. you are a dumbass for saying that, don't let your personal opinion get in way of fact.

oh really???

read here from Time magazine

maybe your ignorance is showing?

Guest LeVeL

Exactly...Thank you.

As much as I hate this song and I think its garbage, its still the #1 song out right now.

There is just something about these tracks, they become hits. Nobody before has done a song like this in Hip hop which is the magic about it. In all my years of loving Hip Hop, I have never seen so much eclectic styles be used.

Kanye's - Stronger produced by Daft Punk is a prime example. Just listening to all of Timbalands productions it immediately give's me the impression that its Electronic Dance Music influenced. Kanye's productions are a soulful reminder of the 60's and 70's.

Hip Hop is the leading genre in Music right now..Rock is no where near its dominance, Pop music artists are suddenly using rap producers to make their records and featuring rappers in their songs.

Guest LeVeL

oh really???

read here from Time magazine

maybe your ignorance is showing?

Dude that article is such BS..as bad as Hip Hop is doing..all the other genre's are doign even worst.

Hip Hop is the best Genre in music right now as far as album sales are ringtone sales are concerned.

Why u think washed up Rock Bands are touring, because all the rock bands now in days are garbage. Rock fans themselves know the stuff coming out now is garbage which is why old rock bands are cashing in so much with their touring.

Guest LeVeL

Just cause its on the charts doesn't mean its any good.

Its like fashion....the more it sucks the more it stands out. The more people think its cutting edge and buy into the crap.

Dont let the charts fool ya', Hip Hop artists have been relasing good albums lately pick up the Common album, Talib Kweli album, Youngbuck album, Nas album... and the numerous single's that get released that you dont ever get to hear on the radio or your MTV. Only because you dont hear it doesn't mean there is not good hip hop out there.

Guest dahzel

you are 100% right, it doesn't mean it's quality because it's on the charts but it is what it is. from an industry perspective, a lot more artist are using hip hop producers. some of the beats and the direction this is going is good for music as a whole. rap has a lot of shitty emcees that have great producers make their music and it's a hit because of it. i mean come on... soulja boy.... hey bay bay...it's as cookie cutter as britney spears but the producers are doing it. the new talib kweli and common cd's are proof that hip hop is going in the right direction

Guest LeVeL

The money has left the industry, you will see less and less hip hop out there since the whites have moved on.

To what...Country?? Because I know sure has hell that the white's are not liking their rock these days.

Guest ramon

i predicted this song would go #1 a while ago but that was fairly obvious good for him .. i guess he can get all the BAPES he wants now.

Guest LeVeL

Well I have to give to you if you predicted such a hit, IMO its garbage but I have to give to him for his success. I heard his story on how he was discovered and I have to say major respect.

Hip Hop in the coming weeks will see releases from 50 cent, Cassidy, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Raekwon, Hi-Tek and Papoose.

ohhh Kanye's - Graduation has been leaked, so the gates are open

Guest Davenavarro10

Hip Hop is dead. People say that rock is dead, but rock as

form of music has been around for about 50 years. Hip Hop

on the other hand has only been around for about 30 years

and it's already gotten tired and cliched. The only reason that

Hip Hop is so popular is because it's mostly purchased by

white, suburban kids. Most artists don't even sell that many

records nowadays (not now in days) because of people

downloading music for free. Why would you pay for something

when you could get it for free? And just because the music gets played on the radio doesn't mean it's any good. I mean the stations that are playing that crap are stations like Power 96 and Y-100. Stations that only care about what's cool and trendy at the moment, and could care less about quality.

Guest slamminshaun

That has got to be one of the worst songs I've ever heard, reminds me of P.I.M.P by 50 Cent. I can't understand a damn word coming out of his greeeeel. This is the garbage that drove me away from hip-hop. The clothes are lame, the beat sucks, and his lyrics make no fuckin' sense. I just love how 12 year old white girls squat like they're taking a shit when songs like this are playing....

Guest LeVeL

Hip Hop is dead. People say that rock is dead, but rock as

form of music has been around for about 50 years. Hip Hop

on the other hand has only been around for about 30 years

and it's already gotten tired and cliched. The only reason that

Hip Hop is so popular is because it's mostly purchased by

white, suburban kids. Most artists don't even sell that many

records nowadays (not now in days) because of people

downloading music for free. Why would you pay for something

when you could get it for free? And just because the music gets played on the radio doesn't mean it's any good. I mean the stations that are playing that crap are stations like Power 96 and Y-100. Stations that only care about what's cool and trendy at the moment, and could care less about quality.

My friend your as clueless as a rock in a sand. Your post misrepresents your own argument, first you state Hip Hop Is Dead and then you state why its so popular..lol

Dude Hip Hop, is not just music dont you get it. Its a form of being, its in Fashion, its in the words people say, Hip Hop is not disco. its one of the major genre in music just like Country,Rock, Jazz and Pop. These are genre's that have been around forever and will see their up and downs but eventually will reinvent itself.

Repeat after me Hip Hop is not dead. U maybe want the genre to be dead but look around and just listen and you will hear Hip Hop almost anywhere in the world and almost everywhere u go.

Guest ramon

Well I have to give to you if you predicted such a hit' date=' IMO its garbage but I have to give to him for his success. I heard his story on how he was discovered and I have to say major respect.

Hip Hop in the coming weeks will see releases from 50 cent, Cassidy, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Raekwon, Hi-Tek and Papoose.

ohhh Kanye's - Graduation has been leaked, so the gates are open

[/quote']

Wayne got pushed back. Some idiot Valet leaked it on the net and he's going back to the studio to re-do it now. :(

Soulja Boy's Crank That record is ringtone music. Thats what they are signing atm .. things you can put into a jingle and sell as a ringtone.

Hurricane Chris 'Ay Bay Bay' sold 1.3M ringtones!

Guest lyrik

The deconstruction of the music scene as we know it...ring tone music aka jingle rap. Sorry to say this too, but even looking at much a smaller stage as our EDM culture goes I find examples such as minimal where the very word screams less effort…where any self-respecting music lover should all be left with a bad taste in their mouth and a “was that it“ after-thought of what they just heard. EDM no longer should incorporate the letter D in the acronym because nobody does it any more. Artists keep inventing newer ways to shortcut their art form and take the easy road to the in vogue buck. I'll even throw a genre that I am more in line to liking under the bus as well such as jackin/boompty house its all become too formulaic....just like the boy band fad of a few year back and the recent new wave pseudo punk rock fad its the consistent “dumbing†down of musical culture in the many mediums it comes in and chart topping hip-hop leads the way. Sure there is still quality out there and it’s not all bad but the musical scales surely look tipped generously towards the way of disposable and ultimately forgettable music.