Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The new iPod Touch...

Guest macboy

Guest trancepriest

They should have increased the storage on this and get rid of the excess area around the screen. Well at least the wi-fi itunes stores is out. Can't wait to go home and update my iPhone.

Guest trancepriest

Holy sh*t, TP, did Jobs just drop the price of the 8GB iPhone to $399?

Even more reasons to have wealthy millionaires as friends and get free iPhones. ;D

Guest trancepriest

Lots of Apple fans are pissed about this price drop. I don't blame them too. What Apple did was pretty shitty. A 1/3 price drop in 8 weeks??? They just completely fucked over their early adopters. Everyone expected a price drop.. in about 4-6 months with an upgraded product available. Now the people that bought 600 dollar phones won't even be able to sell em for 300 bucks.

I got mine for free so I'm not affected by the price drop... I just think it was bad form on Apple's part. Another thing is the ringtone bullshit... lol. What retard is going to pay an extra 99 cent more for a song they already bought?

Guest swank

Lots of Apple fans are pissed about this price drop. I don't blame them too. What Apple did was pretty shitty. A 1/3 price drop in 8 weeks??? They just completely fucked over their early adopters. Everyone expected a price drop.. in about 4-6 months with an upgraded product available. Now the people that bought 600 dollar phones won't even be able to sell em for 300 bucks.

I got mine for free so I'm not affected by the price drop... I just think it was bad form on Apple's part. Another thing is the ringtone bullshit... lol. What retard is going to pay an extra 99 cent more for a song they already bought?

Apple stock dropped more than 5 percent after the price drop was announced, losing $7.40 to close at $136.76.

Already ring tones get on my nerves...(some of my friends even have songs playing when I call them...) I can't imagine having 500,000 of them to decipher...

Guest pod

Oh yeah the whole Call Tunes thing or whatever. What sucks is that you're limited to whatever is in the carrier's library. I'd love to have a call tune of like a Denis Leary bit or old school Bill Hicks routine.

Either that or the classic "Hello? Hello? Wait let me turn down the music!"

The iPod Touch looks great from a device interface standpoint. The one pissy thing to me is that it's anemic in the storage department. Someone jacked my iPod 5.5 so I'm just gonna splurge on a "Classic" after I get some money I'm waiting on.

80 gigs for $250 isn't bad at all. Plus, it looks to have a non-glossy casing, so it isn't as prone to scratches.

The one odd thing is that it is running the old Portal Player OS still? No OS X Mobile or some new OS X Media Player? I guess Apple isn't too keen on forking their OS that much. Just OS X, OS X Server, and OS X Mobile. Keep it neat.

Guest RzO

thats cool that they are at least giving some money back to the early buyers. Those are the people that really keep them going, not to mention its the mac nuts who do their best advertising in word of mouth marketing.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Apple did not fuck anyone. The consumer fucked themselves.

Only idiots run out and camp out in line to buy the newest toys.

People should know by now that the price of new technologies always depreciates after the first quarter...

Loosers...Ha Ha.....

And WTF is the point of this iPod Touch player?

Why would I spend $300 on a 8GB MP3 player when I can get a phone and an MP3 player in one unit with the iPhone for only $399?

Guest pod

I was thinking the touch was going to be as it was, but with a hard drive as opposed to flash. I guess from a manufacturing standpoint, it was easier to just intercept the iPhone like about 60 percent of the way through the line and throw it in a box. I'm sure the programming was cake.

I would spend $400 for a touch with an 80 gig drive. It would be basically a handheld Mac at that point. You could conceivably load up a full install of OS X on it. Though OS X as it stands would run insanely slow since there'd be an emulation to talk to the Samsung chip as opposed to an Intel one.

Guest trancepriest

Apple did not fuck anyone. The consumer fucked themselves.

Only idiots run out and camp out in line to buy the newest toys.

People should know by now that the price of new technologies always depreciates after the first quarter...

Loosers...Ha Ha.....

And WTF is the point of this iPod Touch player?

Why would I spend $300 on a 8GB MP3 player when I can get a phone and an MP3 player in one unit with the iPhone for only $399?

Apple fucked over their early adopters... their was a rebellion... Apple caved in and offered a $100 in store credit. To fuck over Mac Fanatics is not a good thing... these are pretty vocal geeks (bloggers, podcasters, etc.). To have a 1/3rd price drop in 2 months is pretty unheard of in the electronics industry. Sure everyone expected a price drop in say a 4-6 month time window with a new update.. but to have a 1/3 price drop with no update was fucking over the early adopters. Obviously after the big back lash Steve recognized this. I will use my $200 in store credit to buy a legit copy of Shake or something... lol. I am proud of the "complainers".

Guest pod

Bloggers are just this decade's version of AOLers. There's some good content being written but there's a metric gigaton times a billion of whiny, self-centered idiots who got a Blogger account and a $200 Cybershot and document every stinking moment of their lives. I really don't care if you bought a thrift store T-shirt and hit on a "guess-the-sex" underager at Revolver. blogging.jpg

But I'm digressing. Apple didn't really piss off a lot of people in the end, because of this rebate. Sit on it for a few weeks and it'll just about cover Leopard. Or go now and get a free keyboard, Shuffle, or various accessories.

I tried to dragoon our web designer today out of his rebate so I could get my replacement iPod for $149 but no dice. Hell, if you're not gonna use your rebate, I will :)

Guest macboy

Obviously after the big back lash Steve recognized this.

If you believe that then you really don't know Apple very well. They knew this was coming and had a credit ready and waiting all along. Apple doesn't really lose much on this in the overall scheme of things. Let's say they sold 700,000 units at $599. If everyone gets a credit AND uses it that's $70,000,000. But it's not cash. They have to buy apple products with it. If they are buying apple hardware it's great for apple. Teardowns of their products reveal about a 60% profit margin. This turns that $70,000,000 cost to about $28,000,000. Theoretically of course. Less iphones were probably sold and not everyone will end up using their store credit. Apple gets positive publicity to counter the negative publicity and soon everyone forgets about this. Real soon. Apple continues to make tons of money. Shareholders remain happy. :)

BTW I just played with the new Nano and it's fantastic. That's your Christmas winner.

Guest trancepriest

You are right, this was likely a calculated move on Apple's part. If the consumers hadn't talked up a storm about it on the internet then there wouldn't be any credit. They were looking for the consumer feedback otherwise they would've announced this credit on Wednesday. I'll head over to the Apple Store tonight. I saw one of the new keyboards at my partners house... it felt weird though.. don't like it.

Guest swank

I saw the new iMac and its fantastic. I totally want one of those and and a macbook pro to replace this aging powerbook.

I'm contemplating the new iMac for the home office but not sure about going 100% Mac yet. I still seem to feel that we need a PC in the house. lol

Guest ramon

I saw the new iMac and its fantastic. I totally want one of those and and a macbook pro to replace this aging powerbook.

I'm contemplating the new iMac for the home office but not sure about going 100% Mac yet. I still seem to feel that we need a PC in the house. lol

install windows on the mac if you need a pc :)

problem solved.

Guest swirlundergrounder

install windows on the mac if you need a pc :)

problem solved.

And then enter in a new problem.....

...getting a virus on a mac though Windows....LOL

Just get an MBP and an external monitor. Leave the monitor at home and use the MBP solo on the road. No need to have an iMac, too.

Matrox now makes a box where you can connect more than one monitor to a MBP.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/dh2go/digital/home.php