Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TIPS: buying groceries at Publix

1. dont go on a Monday - the store is a complete mess and you will probably find less of every product

2. express lanes are not that express - theres simply no way to control that "10 items or less" rule, most of the time is actually better to look for another cashier

3. look for specials within the same line of products - sometimes is cheaper to buy 2 32oz bottles of powerade than just 1 64oz of the same thing (something which actually should be the other way around)

4. all publix are set up differently - not at every publix you will find the delicatessen area on the same side, etc so take your time walking around looking for whatever you need

5. be careful when walking in or out of the store! - have you seen how many stop signs are actually setup in front of every publix ? well, 50% of the time passing drivers will not wait for you to walk across

feel free to add some of your own ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Here's a tip....

Only shop a the Publix that has been built within the last 3 or 4 years.

All the old Publix stores are shitty...

Shop on Tuesdays and Thursdays and every other week when they have the 2 for 1 deals...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Publix ain't shit compared to Whole Foods...

...And both their produce ain't shit compared to Josh's Organic Market's produce on Hollywood Beach every Sunday....

Guest lulamishka

Here's a tip....

Only shop a the Publix that has been built within the last 3 or 4 years.

All the old Publix stores are shitty...

Shop on Tuesdays and Thursdays and every other week when they have the 2 for 1 deals...

Those 2-for-1 deals are the best!

Guest lulamishka

Publix ain't shit compared to Whole Foods...

...And both their produce ain't shit compared to Josh's Organic Market's produce on Hollywood Beach every Sunday....

Of course Whole Foods is better than Publix. I don't think you can put the two in the same category, though. Whole Foods is overall on another level than Publix.

For my weekly shopping, I go to Publix - where shopping IS a pleasure. Ya gotta love having a brand new bigass Publix not far from your place... :) But I know if I want a good gruyere cheese (Normans trumps Publix in this dept), some other specialty item, or even a wider selection of organic produce, for example, it will probably serve me best to go to a place like Whole Foods (or Wild Oats, Fresh Market, Norman Brothers, etc.).

Guest michael^heaven

Here's a tip...

Bring an extra 'C' note. $65 worth of groceries anywhere else (besides Whole Foods, of course) will cost you $165 at Publix.

Guest lulamishka

Here's a tip...

Bring an extra 'C' note. $65 worth of groceries anywhere else (besides Whole Foods, of course) will cost you $165 at Publix.

So where is it that you do your weekly grocery shopping?

Guest michael^heaven

Here's a tip...

Believe it or not (most don't :)), we have a newer WD here in New Smyrna Beach. So, I can fill the cart for approx. sixty bucks. Then, I'll hit up the Publix, beachside, by my house for quick items here & there.

Guest speedway

When they advertise a sale price such as 2 for $3.00 or 3 for $5.00, etc - you actually don't need to purchase that many items to get the discount. You can purchase just one of that item and still get it at the discounted price.

Guest klubveteran

well, well, well. its hard to find a bigger publix whore than me here on this site.

for years since i grew up old. like in my teens hang out with old farts at the country club play golf, tennis, read the papers and develop that morning ritual to publix. (ooooh yeah)

so then when i was working at clubs id finish and on the way home stop at publix at 7am. me in my cool guys slick doorman JC Penny dark suit and the old farts again ;D sometimes i had a Grey Goose/cranberry in my hand.

the aisles are WIDE OPEN. so i grab my cart and pass the old lady and say watch out grandma and then i do the PUBLIX 500. race up and down the aisles.

basically the rush and satisfaction is like this 1) good sex 2) there is going to Publix when it opens and having it basically all to yourself. its a close second as far as satisfaction.

so now i STILL go on Sunday mornings to do my home groceries and every SINGLE day to the one by the office to get breakfast. I eat a lot of fruits daily especially in the morning and i grab some turkey and balance bars and stuff.

true as someone said the best ones are the giant NEW Publix.

going there on a saturday like a 2pm just blows. great for pigeon watching but it takes forever to do your groceries. I usually get up early on Sunday and do my groceries. in at 7am sharp and out by 7:15 am.

If i were to do that like on a Saturday at 2pm it would take me an hour by the time every jackass going slow and blocking with thier cart the aisles and then the long line at the registers.

im telling you guys best time. its all to yourself. 8)

Guest Mattivi

Here's a tip...

Believe it or not (most don't :)), we have a newer WD here in New Smyrna Beach. So, I can fill the cart for approx. sixty bucks. Then, I'll hit up the Publix, beachside, by my house for quick items here & there.

u live in the smyrna?! i go there all the time to visit a good friend of mine up there, Chris Flynn. New Smyrna has some of the best seafood in florida. Oceans Seafood is the best place on the beach, there is no one fresher. JB's Fish Camp is great too and the list goes on and on.

but about publix, i dont care to buy my produce there its too expensive, but i always like how the store is usually clean and organized. the one in MB with the escalator for the groceries was always my fave... so much hot poontang roaming the aisles there too ;D

Guest myles hie

the publix where i live is a chickfest, i go a few times a week to grab some stuff and roam the aisles.

The one near where i lived in Orlando was tang central, and i dont mean that astronaut stuff.

Publix shopping is a pleasure, but way to expensive compared to other supermarkets.

Guest RzO

the publix where i live is a chickfest, i go a few times a week to grab some stuff and roam the aisles.

The one near where i lived in Orlando was tang central, and i dont mean that astronaut stuff.

Publix shopping is a pleasure, but way to expensive compared to other supermarkets.

lol.

but i have looked in other shopping places and for the stuff i buy publix is pretty close. i spend about $50 a week on groceries, to drive to the scummy wd that is far away to begin with wouldn't make sense. not to mention the people there scare me.

oh yah nice to see u again at shine on friday :)

Guest 4040

The first thing I do when I walk in to Publix is get a ticket at the deli counter. We all know it takes a day and a half to get your deli meats. Once ticket in hand I proceed to buy my produce and other goods.

I think management should definitely look into running their deli dept more efficiently.

Guest myles hie

lol.

but i have looked in other shopping places and for the stuff i buy publix is pretty close. i spend about $50 a week on groceries, to drive to the scummy wd that is far away to begin with wouldn't make sense. not to mention the people there scare me.

oh yah nice to see u again at shine on friday :)

;D You as well, it's been a minute!

Yeah, wtf happened to Winn -Dixie? It used to be good, but it went to shit in the late 90's. Same with Albertsons wtf happened there too, Albertsons was the biz, clean, great selection, cheap prices, but all the one ihave been in recently have gone to shit >:(

Guest 0crystal0

i grew up a WD girl but have converted to publix bc most of the WD's down here are crap. either way there is something about 'Buy one get one free' that makes you smile

and JB's is the best in New Symrna

Guest Devilicious

The Jetson's Publix (Sobe) is ALWAYS a zoo and most shoppers are oblivious to those around them, e.g. parking their cart in the exact middle of the aisle while they browse the whole wheat pasta yapping on their cell phones.

Club Publix in Tallahassee was the best - you always saw someone you knew and they had a million kinds of ramen noodles!

Whole Foods is the biggest rip off of them all. I have seen the exact same products (including fruits and vegetables) at both WF and Pubs and of course they are much cheaper at Publix. WF is pretentious but serves a purpose - high quality meats/cheese/more organic choices. However, for that stuff I go to Epicure.

Guest myles hie

.. Thank God i live near a Walmart Super Center ............it's cheaper than publix and I can even get motor oil along with my groceries. :P

Walmart Supercenters ftw. Wayyy cheaper and has a good selection.