Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHY IS FERRY CORSTEN PLAYING AT MANSION ???

Guest SpaceLauraVIP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest james stratus

hopefully no BS at the door for Aquabooty tomorrow (list and all) at mansion .. im skeered i never go there hope its not as bad as everyone says...

be SKEERED! lol

I seriously second that. It is as bad as people say. You are somewhat of a celebrity though Blingster, so you might not have to wait anymore than 30 minutes for the door people to even look at you :P

Guest djqba

Why do Promoters and Dj's from Space care about Mansion is my question. Space still makes its money and even when the night ends @ Mansion a lot of the peopel from the beach head over to Space for afterhours.

This is just another tired argument that tends to be recycled every 3 weeks or so.

In the end I dont care and and neither should you' date=' and Dj's criticizing Ferry for going with the highest bidder, should kick themselves because if Mansion paid you more to play @ their club then you will sell out too..come stop the BSing..

[/quote']

you need to read my post again I never criticized anyone for getting the most money. But really let's be real here I don't give a shit who plays where and when nor how much they get paid as long as EDM as a whole is being put in a positive light. The venue in question could give 3 shits about any EDM just look at its brief history, regardless they have the right to do whatever they want to turn a profit. Btw selling out for money, hmmm you don't know me that well.. There are values greater than money that some people just don't get and never will. My father used a saying "The monkey dances for money" My reply to him was the monkey dances for he wants to, the money is just extra...

Q

The thing you always have to be aware of, is who is better for you in the long term. Transient glory is one thing, but having a long-term benefactor is another.

Guest Major

Personally, I don't see that much difference between Mansion and Space. Both are top 40 dance clubs, one is on the beach, and the other, downtown. I'm not necessarily a fan of either club. I went to Space one time last year for Sasha, and I went to Mansion one time last year to see Paul Oakenfold. My true passion lies in underground dance music of all genres. The bottom line is, just have fun, and I will always support whomever brings the best talent to town, weather it be, Laundry Bar, Blue, Shine, Space or Mansion.

Major

Guest tekniQz

Personally, I don't see that much difference between Mansion and Space. Both are top 40 dance clubs, one is on the beach, and the other, downtown. I'm not necessarily a fan of either club. I went to Space one time last year for Sasha, and I went to Mansion one time last year to see Paul Oakenfold. My true passion lies in underground dance music of all genres. The bottom line is, just have fun, and I will always support whomever brings the best talent to town, weather it be, Laundry Bar, Blue, Shine, Space or Mansion.

Major

Space is much better than Mansion IMO.:)

[glow=red,2,300]Money is why Ferry is spinning at Mansion.[/glow]

Guest coach

Major

Space is much better than Mansion IMO.:)

[glow=red,2,300]Money is why Ferry is spinning at Mansion.[/glow]

In what way? Look at what Major is saying.

Being that Ive been to Space more than once in the past few years...I can safely tell you that it is not a "Top 40 dance club"

I wish people would see things for themselves before they open their wanne-be elitists mouths...

If people in this town would be less occupied with being the cool kids ...then maybe we could achieve the great local artist community we SHOULD have...but until then I guess we'll settle for elitism, labels and uber-cool words like "underground" (jeez thats so 90s)

as for Mansion...good luck to the DJs that deal with this organization...get your money upfront kids!!!

Major

If people in this town would be less occupied with being the cool kids ...then maybe we could achieve the great local artist community we SHOULD have...but until then I guess we'll settle for elitism, labels and uber-cool words like "underground" (jeez thats so 90s)

Thank you! How difficult is it to go out and have fun? Hell, belly up to the bar, hear good music and get tanked!

Guest ICON

the thing that kills me about this topic...

a MAJOR club on the beach has decided to bring in a few EDM DJs instead of Open Format or Hip-Hop DJs.. Most would think "Wow... this is great for the House/Trance music scene"... but yet, there are people bitching about it.

wtf people?

Guest coach

the thing that kills me about this topic...

a MAJOR club on the beach has decided to bring in a few EDM DJs instead of Open Format or Hip-Hop DJs.. Most would think "Wow... this is great for the House/Trance music scene"... but yet, there are people bitching about it.

wtf people?

+1

Guest Major

Being that Ive been to Space more than once in the past few years...I can safely tell you that it is not a "Top 40 dance club"

I wish people would see things for themselves before they open their wanne-be elitists mouths...

as for Mansion...good luck to the DJs that deal with this organization...get your money upfront kids!!!

Major

I'm thrilled to bits that you took the time to rebut. You really do not need to rebut again as it serves no useful purpose.

Good Day!

Major

I'm thrilled to bits that you took the time to rebut. You really do not need to rebut again as it serves no useful purpose.

Good Day!

My purpose was to refute....not rebut

Good Day to you sir!

Guest Fuerte44

you guys make me laugh...each and every one of you...i thank you all for that...

;D ;D ;D

i love this city....contradictions and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest tekniQz

Major

Good Day!

My purpose was to refute....not rebut

Good Day to you sir!

Oscar knows his shit.This guy is the one to listen to he has been doing it in Miami for years and doing it the right way.I respect Oscar very much as an artist and a person and he is exactly right.Just because Mansion is on the best clubs "EVER LIST"hahahahahahahahahahahah doesnt mean that its even compared to Space in what its done for our scene they are just getting in on the action.You can rate Space whatever you want i think we all know where the real parties are going on and where would be the best place for an artist to genuinely express there sound.Not just a watered down commercial version for the see and be seen crowd.

No offence Major just my opinion.

Thanks OG.

Mansion should stop booking DJs and book Sexual Chocolate.

id be there in the front row... SEXUAL CHOCOLATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"i believe the childrennnnnnnnn are the future.............."

thankyou very much(drops mic on ground)

"that boy good"

... "u must be crazy"

sexualchocolate.jpg

heh my all time fav comedy

Guest Alvaro22

DIGITAL PUNK! DIGITAL PUNK! DIGITAL PUNK!! I know why people would feel like its better to see Ferry at Space or [insert DJ MAG top 100 whoever] in a proper dance environment, but at this point I am just happy he is gonna be here in Miami and if he is not minimalistic, tribal, or ELECTROISH for you then I still recommend that you go, because his sets never disappoint. Also this does not go only for Ferry, but other House DJs who I like as well. Space hasn't give me my fix of Sander K on the terrace, but I still will go see him a second time at Cameo on a SUNDAY NIGHT because that is where he is going to be. And as a Trance addict/Space Rat/Electro head/Proges.house..techno.....shit I just love good EDM guy, Fuck it and "Lets ROck"! We live in Miami and get to experience so many different sounds so act like you enjoy it and don't diss anothers taste by being an Elitist turd sandwich. We are all better than that!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!

Guest Ryan EliteEnt

Major

I think what Major was saying is that Mansion and Space are both in the Top 40 for Dance clubs. and it seems like Oscar thought Major said Space was a "Top 40" music club. But anyway we should just be happy he is spinning here in Miami.

Guest tekniQz

DIGITAL PUNK! DIGITAL PUNK! DIGITAL PUNK!! I know why people would feel like its better to see Ferry at Space or [insert DJ MAG top 100 whoever] in a proper dance environment, but at this point I am just happy he is gonna be here in Miami and if he is not minimalistic, tribal, or ELECTROISH for you then I still recommend that you go, because his sets never disappoint. Also this does not go only for Ferry, but other House DJs who I like as well. Space hasn't give me my fix of Sander K on the terrace, but I still will go see him a second time at Cameo on a SUNDAY NIGHT because that is where he is going to be. And as a Trance addict/Space Rat/Electro head/Proges.house..techno.....shit I just love good EDM guy, Fuck it and "Lets ROck"! We live in Miami and get to experience so many different sounds so act like you enjoy it and don't diss anothers taste by being an Elitist turd sandwich. We are all better than that!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!

Exactly,

i just think that poeple wonder why Ferry is spinning at a club that's not really a true dance club(because of dancefloor reasons).For a trance party at that.Ferry is an excellent dj no matter what genre he spins.Ferry is one of if not my favorite trance dj.

That being said some of his best sets and a big part of what made him famous in Miami were when he spun at Space.Just something i think is a reason behind people wanting him to spin at another club.

Besides Ferry at Space or Cameo is really tough to beat,they have always made great parties together.Inside of WMC and outside.imo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JACKIE RICHIE

Mansion is a fun place to party at, BUT I cant imagine myself nor any of my friends having an EXTREMELY AWESOME EXPERIENCE at any other club other than SPACE when a big time DJ comes to MIAMI.

Nothing compares to the SOUND SYSTEM, ENVIRONMENT, VIBE AND HYPE AT SPACE in my opinion :)