Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHY IS FERRY CORSTEN PLAYING AT MANSION ???

Guest SpaceLauraVIP

Guest coach

It's an interesting point though that some have bought up. Mansion makes oodles of dollars sans big-time DJ Ferry Corsten...

Well, true. Aside from all the Mansion bashing, it does seem to be an interesting booking for them. Though they have booked a number of other EDM DJs recently. Maybe they are seeing the tide swing back to EDM or maybe they are trying to make it swing back. Might have got tired of the thuglife they were catering to. Someone should call someone and do an interview.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more importantly, why should someone that works for "space" care?

WHY IS DJ FERRY CORSTEN SCHEDULED TO PLAY AT MANSION ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6th ???

MANSION IS NOT A "DJ DRIVEN OR DJ FRIENDLY" ATMOSPHERE. THE CLUB IS NOT "CONDUSIVE" TO BIG DJS. THERE IS NO DANCE FLOOR - THE CLUB IS ALL TABLES AND FURNITURE. ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO MANSION FOR TIESTO KNOWS HOW UNCOMFORTABLE AND PACKED IT GETS AND IT IS JUST NOT FUN. MANSION IS NOT A DANCE CLUB ... IT IS A "2005 NIGHTCLUB" AND MOST OF THE TIME THEY HAVE A RUDE DOOR STAFF.

I THINK THIS IS A MISTAKE!

I'll repeat it again....new blood at Opium Group with A&R contacts...

Maybe so, but the Opium Group has a lot of work to do to gain the trust of the dance music community of Miami.

Guest eroc0411

what makes u ppl think that opium group cares what we think??

they run the beach. end of story.

All they need is the proper advertisement and promoters...

whether its my mother or ferry there still gonna sell out...

Guest swank

hopefully no BS at the door for Aquabooty tomorrow (list and all) at mansion .. im skeered i never go there hope its not as bad as everyone says...

be SKEERED! lol

Guest LeVeL

Why do Promoters and Dj's from Space care about Mansion is my question. Space still makes its money and even when the night ends @ Mansion a lot of the peopel from the beach head over to Space for afterhours.

This is just another tired argument that tends to be recycled every 3 weeks or so.

In the end I dont care and and neither should you, and Dj's criticizing Ferry for going with the highest bidder, should kick themselves because if Mansion paid you more to play @ their club then you will sell out too..come stop the BSing..

Guest Orls

Bottom line is that it does hurt people who like or follow EDM and its DJ's. You people have to remember that for everyone who does wait for a Ferry, Sasha, Lawler to come around outside of WMC it just plain sucks that the one time they comes during the year they go to play at Mansion. >:( >:(

Moreover,doesnt it seem a bit unprofessional for said employee or promoter to come crying about it here.

well said, level.

Why do Promoters and Dj's from Space care about Mansion is my question. Space still makes its money and even when the night ends @ Mansion a lot of the peopel from the beach head over to Space for afterhours.

This is just another tired argument that tends to be recycled every 3 weeks or so.

In the end I dont care and and neither should you, and Dj's criticizing Ferry for going with the highest bidder, should kick themselves because if Mansion paid you more to play @ their club then you will sell out too..come stop the BSing..

Guest coach

Bottom line is that it does hurt people who like or follow EDM and its DJ's. You people have to remember that for everyone who does wait for a Ferry, Sasha, Lawler to come around outside of WMC it just plain sucks that the one time they comes during the year they go to play at Mansion. >:( >:(

Uh... what?

Guest MrBojangles

I rarely go to Mansion, just not my vibe. But to be fair I rarely goto Cameo as well.

However to say that there is no room to dance in mansion is a bit of an exaggeration. True their is not really a "dance floor" but their is plenty of space to dance all the same.

And there are usually 10 sub-promoters standing out front. Get on one of their lists and they walk you right in so they get the credit towards getting a bottle (I don't really get the rational on working for a bottle, but that's another post).

It's the crowd on most nights that turns me off, but thats what you get at a big club on the beach so :P

Guest Major

I'm really looking forward to seeing Petalpusher, Steve Lawler and Sasha at Mansion. Tomas has already confirmed the dance floor will be open this saturday. Hopefully they will do the same for other Dj events.

Guest coach

I mean, the same question could be asked of the Aquabooty event and other EDM events. Like I said, maybe they are shifting their target demographics.

Guest swank

From what I hear, they are.

I notice that Suite is playing more EDM, also...

that's it!!! drop everything and stop the presses....EDM is back mutha phukkas! ;D

I'm really looking forward to seeing Petalpusher, Steve Lawler and Sasha at Mansion. Tomas has already confirmed the dance floor will be open this saturday. Hopefully they will do the same for other Dj events.

Petalpusher is having the full 8 piece band with Lisa Shaw tomorrow night at Rebel up here. Migs was freakin amazing when i caught him at Cielo last year.

Guest coach

that's it!!! drop everything and stop the presses....EDM is back mutha phukkas! ;D

I'm just sayin...

Guest swank

I'm just sayin...

me2 I'm with you brotha 'from anotha mutha' ;D