Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Aquabooty @ Mansion(pics soon)

Bling

no issues at the door.. after all the stuff i heard on CJ .. then again i was first in line and had 2 girls with me :)

gonna keep this short for a review lol

1. Julius Papp opening set-- set of nite.. jazzy funky and played some great choons... (i went to joe and tomas and was like "damn julius is white??? i keep thinking he was black lol"

2. Petalpusher... i love lisa shaw but i def didnt feel the band's vibe at all. only a bunch did. it seemed everyone stopped dancing and i heard some people actually moan when lisa said "one last song" (at the start of their performance the speakers at Mansion sounded like shyte.. lots of distortion but after a short while it sounded better....

3. Miguel Migs- everyone was dancing.. though he played harder , he played for the room. didnt like his track selections most of the nite he dropped (though most there def did) . though he dropped my fav track of the nite.. "an old school Michael Jackson track.. it was sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" (one of the few michael tracks djs DONT OVERPLAY" !!!

dancers and the lights and lasers in full effect for migs

4. didnt stick around for marques

left around 3:15

nots about mansion

THEY DID MOVE THE VIP THERE WAS A MUCH LARGER DANCEFLOOR. (NOT SPACE SIZE BUT ENOUGH)--only the tables right in front of stage.. the middle part still there. (and takes up so much room still. ugh i hate the setup there)

the drinks are so freakin expensive.. black label whiskey on the rocks $15 bucks and $8 dollars for beer.

place was wmc style packed..... good diverse crowd.. hell i saw even some 50+ yr olds getting down to the funk

good seing dennis baker, kelly and amanda, floribel, bruce, joe and tomas....etc

Guest tekniQz

So basically Micheal Jackson had the best track of the night????

Wow. :o

my personal fav.. i love old school Michael Jackson

Your pretty cool but that's very strange.

I cant believe people still support this guy even after he did what he did. ???

they were on like 35-40 min i think...it was a full band.. 2 singers lisa and tim fuller. it was good but it didnt blow me away..

nice though to see a live band though at a house event...

i actually went to the bathroom for a bit then got caught up in the hip hop room for 5 min thanks to a sweet reggae track i like..

so i heard like 25 min of the performance pretty much up front

it was ok... i was scanning the crowd a lot to see their reaction.. reaction was mixed for sure

Guest myles hie

they were on like 35-40 min i think...it was a full band.. 2 singers lisa and tim fuller. it was good but it didnt blow me away..

nice though to see a live band though at a house event...

i actually went to the bathroom for a bit then got caught up in the hip hop room for 5 min thanks to a sweet reggae track i like..

so i heard like 25 min of the performance pretty much up front

it was ok... i was scanning the crowd a lot to see their reaction.. reaction was mixed for sure

Thanks.

Anybody else?

Guest psboyuk

I got to the event late - around 1:30am. I really wanted to see the band and was thinking I had missed them. Ran into Bling in the lobby area and he told me the band was still on stage.

It was L.O.U.D. in that room!! Uncomfortably loud!! It was great to hear and see Lisa and the band all onstage, but the volume was preventing me from really enjoying the show. I was able to find my sister on the stair case on the right of the stage - so I watch the rest of the show from there.

All in all, I enjoyed it. It was good hearing some Petalpusher favourites live with the full band. Someone had mentioned that the beginning of the show was really rough - soundwise, but by the time I got there, it sounded pretty good, short of the extreme volume. I know it's very difficult to have live show and mix it with a club/nightclub event. The live band sound/pa would almost have to be separate.

Sorry I missed Julius Papp - still have yet to hear him live.

I did get to hear Miguel and Marques play. Their sets were really good. I have not heard Miguel play in a couple of years so I didn't know what to expect this time around, but I enjoyed what he played. Marques played a great set also. Musically, the night wasn't earthshattering, but very enjoyable.

I stayed until about 4:45!!!!! Overall, I had a great time. Have not been in Mansion for at least a year, so it was nice to hear good house music there.

~Dennis

Guest psboyuk

btw, was good seeing Bling, Kelly Kel, Amanda, Sal, Alfredo, DJ Chilly (didn't get to say Hi but saw him), DJ Aladdin & Natasha, Strictly B, and several other familiar faces at the event!

Props to Tomas and Joe! They definitely raised the 'non-wmc' game with this one.

~Dennis

oops missed giving a shoutout to alfredo... glad to hear im not the only one that wasnt floored by the music..

julius was great though u missed out on it..

not it aint nothing bout a house party @ rain good by any means.. that nite was unreal but still good

Guest sfgrl

The sound was too loud (my ears are still ringing). The band thing was not that great and I thought Julius was ok. I've heard him countless times in SF and thought he was better there in a smaller venue. I think Mansion was too big of a venue for them. Deep house just tends to be better in a smaller and tighter venue. Just my two cents.

The sound was too loud (my ears are still ringing). The band thing was not that great and I thought Julius was ok. I've heard him countless times in SF and thought he was better there in a smaller venue. I think Mansion was too big of a venue for them. Deep house just tends to be better in a smaller and tighter venue. Just my two cents.

def agree with the large vs small venue deep house topic

deep house -small venue but i comprehend the choice due to the large band setup .. only mansion could do that

Guest Floribel

Well, I very much enjoyed myself Saturday night. I thought Petalpusher was great. Could have enjoyed them more if it wasn't for the loud popping of the speakers next to me, but I thought they sounded great.

They were getting ZERO love from the crowd. I'm not sure if it was just because the tourist Mansion crowd would have been happier with World Hold On, or if I was the only crazy one who enjoyed them. Either way, crown wasn't into it and it showed.

Highlight was of course, Migs, who met all my expectations. That's were I really got down to it. I loved every single track.

Marques did not dissappoint either!!!

The music had a huge smile on my face until the time I was literally dragged elsewhere at 4-4:30... so I'd call it a good night in my book.

Thanks, AB <3

Oh, and great job with the dancefloor set-up!!!!

Guest tbooty

Thanks to all that came out. I agree that the deep house sound usually works better in a more intimate venue and perhaps everyone played it a bit safe musically. Still I think it was very important that this party happened... This was not the status quo for South Beach and there were over 2000 ppl getting down to a different sound and maybe it opened up some minds musically. Mansion was not the evil empire that everyone expected. They ran the whole night very professionally, gave us a real dance floor and were cool with everyone. The sound was at times spotty.. but live sound at a dj event always is + a few main speakers blew out midway thru the night. Overall I was very happy.. all kinds of people interacting, having a good time, no drama, good music… at Mansion. Maybe the tides are turning?

and for all those clowns that say househeadz dont drop cash at the bar/cover... yeah im lookin at my bill today oyyyyyyyyy lol

def supported the scene on sat lol

look fowad to the same quality djs from aquabooty as they always deliver.. just at a smaller venue :)

Guest Brad Sever

For those of you who missed Petalpusher Catch Lisa Shaw Tonight @ Jazid With the Keyboard player from petalpusher. They will do two sets starting around 12:30