Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Atlanta recommendations...

Guest macboy

Guest macboy

Going there next week, midweek. Need some recommendations for upscale restaurants and lounges, etc. in the downtown area to entertain clients. Oh, and please, do not say "Gold Club". :P

Thanks.

Guest tbooty

Clermont Lounge

789 Ponce De Leon Ave NE

Atlanta, GA 30306-4328

D'jango Kitchen and Saloon

[ African | Central/South American | Mediterranean ]

[2005 Best of Winner]

495 Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30308

Phone 404-347-8648

Guest tbooty

Clermont is just one of the weirdest places in North America.. its like being stuck in a David Lynch film. Go with an open mind. This is where old strippers go to die. Nice mix of tourists, old school Atlanta pimps, club kids, thugs, bikers, maybe a midget hooker or two? Just toss back a few and roll with it!

"There's a great bar in Atlanta called the Clermont Lounge that's totally surreal... That place is something else you should check out"

-Marilyn Manson

http://www.clermontlounge.net/

Guest chunsa

1150 is now opera

they've been doing lots of shows @ wetbar. that's where i saw jz and digweed was just there.

you should check out midcity cafe. rob dowell does monthly there.

let me see what's happening next week and i'll pst something!

Guest slamminshaun

Clermont Lounge

789 Ponce De Leon Ave NE

Atlanta, GA 30306-4328

Clermont is a DEFINITE. I had a blast there. Try to hit up the Pink Pony too if you can. Is eleven50 still open?

I met up with Tres at Eleven50 when I was there earlier this year. We probably picked the wrong night to go....right Tres? Otherwise, nice place.

The Pink Pony....yeah, I spent some time, and money there. It was pretty cool. I was pretty ripped when I went, but I seem to recall it being on par with say....Gold Rush?

Guest tres-b

Shaun-We went to Verve on Peachtree Street...only place that had music on a sunday night ;D

I hate to tell you to skip places that have been named, but in the interest of your enjoyment...

The Clermont Lounge is scary and the area aint the safest place to park your car. IF you are after a completely weird random experience, then maybe it is for you. I have been 1 time and I will never ever go back.

street_sign_1_photo_by_charles_jeffress-240x285.jpg

Bazzaar(right next to the Fox Theater, nice chill spot)

Halo(probably the nicest lounge in Atlanta, really cool space)

Opera(great venue, lousy music unless they bring someone in)

WETbar is a gay club...unless they bring in a big name. Great place to hear djs.(9/22 Kaskade)

Pcheen, One, Two Urban Licks, Rathbun's, Rathbun's Steak for dinner.

If you are here this Saturday Dubfire is at Fever. The crowd is alway awful BUT... it has a great main room that is dark and intimate.

Pink Pony is the best strip club in town. It has that gritty party element that the Cheetah is missing.

A couple of my friends are residents at midcity. Its a nice chill spot for pre-drinks.

What part of town are you staying in and I can add some food stops, bars, etc.

Guest macboy

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Tres-b, I will be near the Congress Center, where I am attending a convention. Will be there Tuesday - Thursday.

No strip clubs for me or my guests. Not interested. If there's other recommendations for the area I'm in, let me know. Thanks!

Guest tres-b

Try to hit Rathbun's and Two Urban Licks for nice dinners and Pcheen for something a bit less expensive but AWESOME. Bazaar and Halo are both great weekday venues.

Guest doognam

TRES-B, you obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about!!! Never Once have I walked out of east side and not had a smile on my face!!!!! Don't be such a douche!!

I hate to tell you to skip places that have been named

Guest macboy

TRES-B, you obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about!!! Never Once have I walked out of east side and not had a smile on my face!!!!! Don't be such a douche!!

Calm down. People will always have different opinions on venues. I appreciate all recommendations. :)

BTW, checked out the ONE website, looks good. Nice little restaurant/lounge conglomerate these guys have. Will try to check out a couple on my trip.

Guest tres-b

I hate to tell you to skip places that have been named

I didnt knock East Side Lounge. Its a decent spot. I said to skip Clermont Lounge....it isnt a cool place and it isnt a place to take clients:P

East Atlanta and Little 5 is where I spend a lot of my time ;D

one and two are by the same group. They also have a place called trois(my least favorite of the 3)

Guest tres-b

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=1174%20Euclid%20Ave%20Ne&city=Atlanta&state=GA&zipcode=30307%2d1939&country=US&geodiff=1

That is Little 5 Points and move south on moreland past I-20, you will see East Atlanta. Stay on Flat Shoals and you will see all sorts of bars, food spots, etc.

I would stick to Midtown with clients. Little 5 and East Atlanta arent exactly "upscale". Cool as hell, but not business atmosphere... 8)

BTW, checked out the ONE website, looks good. Nice little restaurant/lounge conglomerate these guys have. Will try to check out a couple on my trip.

it's been well over a year since i was there, but from what i remember i think it would be great spot for taking clients.