Clubplanet Nightlife Community

\\\\\ Karu&Y announces HAPPY HOUR! /////

Guest swank

Guest swank

I wasn't bashing. Just adding my $.02 to the conversation. Why is it that it has to be bashing if it's not what you want to hear?

Dade, I was generalizing....but since you mention it...I rarely hear you have anything positive to say around here. If you're trying to emulate another person on this board by creating controversial conversation....it's not putting you in a positive light.

My posts will show that I have nothing against other people's opinions...but have a much lower tolerance for negative energies which seem to sometimes be prevalent by the same people...again no names....you all know who you are. There's only so much Monday morning quarterbacking or whining that I can take. You don't like it....get out there and try to do it better.

There's gotta be a better way!

"Donny Deutch" The Big Idea

FTR I want to hear EVERYTHING it's one of the ways that I can improve whatever I'm doing....and it's free. :)

Guest coach
They thought that the place would be full of rich latins every night enjoying a $250 per person dinner followed by a couple of bottles of champagne. The truth is that they don't have that crowd. After all....how many times is someone going to drive from [insert generalized nice suburb here] to eat in the ghetto when there are great restaurants closer that don't require running the crack gauntlet and have much better food?

Dade, oddly enough, in many cities, some of the nicest restaurants/lounges exist in some of the nastiest areas. And the rich people drive there all the time to eat. I have been to a few and seen others. The main difference is that in Miami, there are soooooooo many alternatives. In many large cities (not including megalopolises like LA and NY), you only have a few really nice venues where people go regularly. In many cases, they do exist in very bad areas of town. But, Miami really is an "out and about" town that supports quite a number of venues. I think that the owners of Karu & Y made the same mistake that most newcomers do in assuming the Miami is more like other places, when it really is not.

In any case, K&Y is a very nice place. The location doesn't bother me a bit, as far as mainland locales go. And I do think that it is good that they are adapting. You know, some places cannot or do not adapt and just die.

Guest swank
They thought that the place would be full of rich latins every night enjoying a $250 per person dinner followed by a couple of bottles of champagne. The truth is that they don't have that crowd. After all....how many times is someone going to drive from [insert generalized nice suburb here] to eat in the ghetto when there are great restaurants closer that don't require running the crack gauntlet and have much better food?

Dade, oddly enough, in many cities, some of the nicest restaurants/lounges exist in some of the nastiest areas. And the rich people drive there all the time to eat. I have been to a few and seen others. The main difference is that in Miami, there are soooooooo many alternatives. In many large cities (not including megalopolises like LA and NY), you only have a few really nice venues where people go regularly. In many cases, they do exist in very bad areas of town. But, Miami really is an "out and about" town that supports quite a number of venues. I think that the owners of Karu & Y made the same mistake that most newcomers do in assuming the Miami is more like other places, when it really is not.

In any case, K&Y is a very nice place. The location doesn't bother me a bit, as far as mainland locales go. And I do think that it is good that they are adapting. You know, some places cannot or do not adapt and just die.

Coach I am glad that you brought some light to this fact. I personally think that if your business doesn't have a plan A,B, or C then you might be setting yourself up for failure. KARU&Y gave the benefit of the doubt to people who made lavish promises but delivered different results. Now they are going to try a different approach and see what results will be achieved.

Only normal in my opinion...in any case I'll see you out later and we'll have a laugh!

Guest JustDade

I wasn't bashing. Just adding my $.02 to the conversation. Why is it that it has to be bashing if it's not what you want to hear?

Dade, I was generalizing....but since you mention it...I rarely hear you have anything positive to say around here. If you're trying to emulate another person on this board by creating controversial conversation....it's not putting you in a positive light.

My posts will show that I have nothing against other people's opinions...but have a much lower tolerance for negative energies which seem to sometimes be prevalent by the same people...again no names....you all know who you are. There's only so much Monday morning quarterbacking or whining that I can take. You don't like it....get out there and try to do it better.

FTR I want to hear EVERYTHING it's one of the ways that I can improve whatever I'm doing....and it's free. :)

Swankster - I'm just seeking honest discourse. I realize that you're trying to promote a perty and that you only want to hear the psoitive. However, I don't have your agenda. I am trying to get people to see things for what they really are.

I agree that the venue needs to adapt and change if they're going to have a chance to survive. What I said was that if they are adapting they should adapt. In other words.....why not reduce the drink prices to suit the new format instead of coming up with a Happy Hour gimmick? They don't want to adapt. They want to hang on to the illusion that any day now all the VIPs are going to realize that this gem is waiting there. In the mean time, they will allow the music heads to spend some dough there until they don't need them anymore. Why is it that all these people open to cater to the "elite" and when they fail they think that the DJ loving crowd will save them?

It's funny that instead of addressing anything I said you chose to just dismiss it as negativity or bashing. That's one way to handle it but it doesn't change the facts. It's not negativity....it's honesty.

Guest swank

Swankster - I'm just seeking honest discourse. I realize that you're trying to promote a perty and that you only want to hear the psoitive. However, I don't have your agenda. I am trying to get people to see things for what they really are.

I agree that the venue needs to adapt and change if they're going to have a chance to survive. What I said was that if they are adapting they should adapt. In other words.....why not reduce the drink prices to suit the new format instead of coming up with a Happy Hour gimmick? They don't want to adapt. They want to hang on to the illusion that any day now all the VIPs are going to realize that this gem is waiting there. In the mean time, they will allow the music heads to spend some dough there until they don't need them anymore. Why is it that all these people open to cater to the "elite" and when they fail they think that the DJ loving crowd will save them?

It's funny that instead of addressing anything I said you chose to just dismiss it as negativity or bashing. That's one way to handle it but it doesn't change the facts. It's not negativity....it's honesty.

I explained a couple of posts ago that...my post was too long and the board erased it. But in retrospect I don't have the time to respond to every last opinion about the state of Karu&Y. As previously noted I am not the Karu&Y spokesman....just a guy trying to throw a party.