Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would You Date Your Friend's Ex?

Guest boyfrombklyn

Guest boyfrombklyn

Ok, here's the problem. I am totally in love with my friend's ex. It's a really long story, but I had my chance with her way b4 they even started going out. Of course I was an asshole and I blew it. Anyway, they broke up a little over a year ago, but I still don't know if it's the right thing to do now that I have a chance with her. I'm afraid that I'll lose his friendship over it. The way it works with most of the people I know, a friend's ex is untouchable. What do you think?

two words --- OFF LIMITS!!!

eventhough your friend says it's cool...you know that it will be weird if you all hang out...and it will definitely change your friendship if anything it will make it uncomfortable and wierd

think about it hard cwm6.gif

------------------

sp407_milknose_vd.gif

GAZOONTITE.....GOT MILK?

Guest boyfrombklyn
Originally posted by trevor69:

two words --- OFF LIMITS!!!

Maybe you're right.

[This message has been edited by boyfrombklyn (edited 04-14-2001).]

Girls never understand the EX thing, Buddies are always better than girls. Don't even think about it

------------------

I took the red pill, then i took the blue pill, then the yellow, then the red. And followed the bunny into the hole to never see a single soul.

it depends on the friend..

i wouldn't put a clear cut line saying my friend's ex is off-limits or fair game.. it's all a relative matter

i have a friend who doesn't give a rats ass about his exes so they're fair game, but some guys find it to be a touchy situation.

it also depends on the girl AND on your intentions smile.gif

if you just wanna bone her, you may catch some heat from your buddy.

if you fall for the girl AND you know for a fact that she and your buddy are through, then i'd say it's a greenlight, but make sure your buddy hears it from you anyway so you don't look like your pulling off some dumb stunt behind his back.

bah.. the possibilities are limitless, i guess fair judgement can sort that shit out.

morph

------------------

"I don't understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. So why is selling fucking not legal? Of all the things you can do to a person, giving them an orgasm is hardly the worst thing."

- George Carlin

That's a NO NO in my friends rule book.

There are so many guys out there, I dont need seconds!

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

Guest boyfrombklyn

It's actually pretty funny the way my friends think. They could hate the girl and wish she was dead, but they would still get mad if you got into a relationship with her. I understand that things might be weird between me and him if I have a relationship with her, but I'm gonna give it a shot just as long as he gives me the ok after I tell him. I have a good feeling about this one, and it's hard to turn it down when she tells you she loves you and the feeling is mutual. I know that I would never scumbag any of my friends no matter what, but if he's not gonna be my friend after I'm honest and tell him how I feel about her (something I can't control), then he was never really my friend anyway. At least that's how I see it.

Guest boyfrombklyn

But what if she's the one? Do I not take another shot at it (which I do have) just because my friend went out with her?

You need to decide which relationship you value most. If you go with the ex, you will lose your friend sooner or later. Unless of course she was a fuck toy and meant nothing to him.

------------------

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." --Friedrich Nietzsche

if you know your friend may not react positiviely in your decision to date his ex, then...

Originally posted by purplepower:

You need to decide which relationship you value most.

but then again...

Originally posted by glowgirl:

There are so many guys out there, I dont need seconds!

why alter or upset the balance with your friend when there are so many other girls out there??? (as glowgirl so nicely put)

Originally posted my morpheus:

it also depends on the girl AND on your intentions...

bah.. the possibilities are limitless, i guess fair judgement can sort that shit out.

basically... it's up to you... think about it, weigh ALL possibilities... try to understand all outcomes...

good luck buddy

~moonshine

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

life's a ride... pack light...

AIM: dELERiUM 540

I;m with purple on this. You need to figure out which is more important. No matter how cool your friend is with the idea, things may never be the same between you two. Things might also work out just fine, but you need to figure out the odds and play them to your advantage.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

LETS GO METS!!!

I am (or was) dating my ex's friend for the last year....and yeah, i heard all the crap about how wrong it was....but god damn people we aren't in high school anymore...if the two guys can me mature enough to talk about it and let the other guy know whats up...

Cause guess what...HE DIDNT OWN ME...what gives him the right to say who can and can't date me!!!!

Next thing you know...guys will be pissing on us to mark their territory!!!

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by cmb1975:

Next thing you know...guys will be pissing on us to mark their territory!!!

HAHAHA!!! Funny you should mention that...This girl that's staying with me, sharing a room with a g/f of hers is rather promiscuous (12 diff guys in 3 months)...anyway, she brings this one guy back to the room that her and her friend share (a common practice by her), they fuck all night, then at one point in the middle of the night, this guy gets out of her bed walks over to the other girls bed and starts pissing. hahaha. not funny for the girl getting peed on, but still funny, and as for the other girl, I've since asked her to move out.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

LETS GO METS!!!

Guest boyfrombklyn

Thanks for all the advice people. CMB1975, I couldn't agree with you more (seems like that all the time, I like you). As far as this girl goes, I'm beginning to realize I'm wasting my time with her. Not because of my friend, but because of all the games she plays. I think I've come to the conclusion that she isn't worth the risk of losing my friendship with my boy.