Clubplanet Nightlife Community

About time, huh? :)

Guest pod

We've got 21st century board software now! It's vBulletin, but done up a bit.

Anyway, for you board-junkies, I'm guessing that not much instruction is required.

The one glaring change you will notice is that you cannot do "Display Names" anymore. For example, Alex was 'durrtylex' but his login was 'Weston_1010'.

Now, your login name is your display name. I know some of you grew attached to display names, and as your humble admin, I do have the power to go in there and change it for you.

I'm willing to do this for y'all, just drop me a line via email or PM (or call me if you know me) and I can change it to whatever you want.

That being said, please give some thought to whatever you want the name to be, as I don't wanna change your login name every time the wind blows :). Sorry, Bling Blong. :)

There are a few significant things to note:

1. YaBB SE had a concept of "display name" versus "real member name". The real member name, whatever it was is the only thing that could be converted to vBulletin. So, approx 200 members who were using different display names now have their IDs back to what they originally registered with.

2. Members will need to redo many items in their "member profiles", especially uploading avatars (which we did not attempt to convert), time zone offset and personal data.

3. YaBB SE QUOTE tags are different than vBulletin. You will notice that many QUOTE blocks are now broken in posts that were made while we were on YaBB SE. The contents of the posts are still there, of course, but we could not automatically fix the blocks themselves to make them look nice.

4. Some links from post to post will also be broken as the index page references are totally different between the two forums, but, significant threads can still be found by using the Search feature.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swank

What's really funny is that alot of people's true identities have been uncovered LLol! It's like opening the door to a room and finding someone on the bed with the sheets pulled up to their nose.

Guest meta
PAD... can we change the thread view per page from 10 to i think it was 20 with the old board?

you can change it in your options on the control panel.

Nice work POD.

i noticed that i have 1,112 PMs in my inbox, several over the 100 limit that has been set. is there any way to delete them without having to view each one individually?

also, i had some PMs that i had wanted to save in my inbox before, are those now a memory?