Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James Zabiela live @ Studio A - 11.3.07 - Miami

Guest ramon

Guest ramon
Ramon,

Any word on set times yet, will JZ be playing in the afterhours at all?

Still working on set times .. will post them when we have them.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Good point, The Chib.

I've never understood why people wet themselves over set times, like it's a cardinal sin to hear the opener or something.

Guest ramon
no no no and no

do not spoil the surprise .. let us get there and get acquainted with the music and a few drinks while we wait for the main event ...

set times ?

open - close

:)

i didn't say which set times i would post .. just that i would post set times :P

Guest mbongiovi
Good point, The Chib.

I've never understood why people wet themselves over set times, like it's a cardinal sin to hear the opener or something.

Well, you kin dof have to if you want to try hit up two different events. If that wasn't the issue, I could care less about the set times.

Guest pod

Even then, you can make a reasonable guess. I would surmise if you got there at 2 or 3, you could reasonably be assured of the headliner being on.

Guest mbongiovi
Even then, you can make a reasonable guess. I would surmise if you got there at 2 or 3, you could reasonably be assured of the headliner being on.

This is tru for the most part (def on SOBE), but when it comes to downtown, it could be later or there could even be an afterhours set from the headliner which is what I am looking for. I will be at Shine till 4 or 5 and I am just saying, it would be nice to know if JZ would still be on at that time or playing an afterhours set.

Guest ramon
Ramon will be playing a banjo solo from 2:41 to 2:42 AM..

damnit that was supposed to be a secret and its not a banjo its an accordian!!!

Guest ramon
you know what i smell, i smell a kick ass party right before wmc...............am i wrong?

nope. expect wmc size crowd though :)

get your tickets now!!! :)

Guest andrewCross

Zabiela has mad skill. He killed it with nick fanciulli during WMC.......im expecting a hell of a party! Great booking guys.... See you all this Saturday:)

Guest chunsa

see ya'll soon.

really looking forward to what stryke plays

can't wait to see zobby la la.

yeehaw. i am coming into town late friday. :)

Guest future

word is there is gonna be some serious A/V action..

aside that.. I had an idea last night..

how about we all wear blonde "James wigs" to the event in honor of Halloween.. seriously, how incredible would 800 people in blonde wigs look like?

actually, whoever wears a blonde "james wig" gets a drink on me..

there, I said it!

if presales and hype are any indication, this is one is shaping up to be one of the more special events Miami has had outside of WMC in a long time..

Guest mbongiovi

Just a curiousity question. When something says "James Zabiela: LIVE", does this mean he will be DJing but obviously with his EFX processors and filters and what not being the live componant or does it mean a full on live PA? I have seen him DJing on videos, and he definately works hard with a few different efx processors, a computer, decks, etc. But I would kinda consider it live remixing (via efx & filters & scratching) more than an actuall live PA even though he is working a lot harder then most live PAs I've seen.

Guest future
Just a curiousity question. When something says "James Zabiela: LIVE", does this mean he will be DJing but obviously with his EFX processors and filters and what not being the live componant or does it mean a full on live PA? I have seen him DJing on videos, and he definately works hard with a few different efx processors, a computer, decks, etc. But I would kinda consider it live remixing (via efx & filters & scratching) more than an actuall live PA even though he is working a lot harder then most live PAs I've seen.

yep.. you got it..

as most who are his fans would know, JZ's performance goes far beyond "DJing" and simple playback/mixing records.. He works with many midi-triggers and effectors, as well as an arsenal of loops and sounds ready to activate on ableton live.. he is the epitome of "hands-on".. and let's not even get started on his gifted coordination.. his hands move at ridiculous speeds and the things he comes up with on the fly are always a sure-shot to leave everyone in awe.. as in "how the f--??.. what did he-???!!..did you just see tha--??!!!".. we're putting cameras on the stage and his hands as well ;) .. (and I wanted to keep that a surprise, but oh well!)

I'm being as candid as possible with you lot, not just because James is a friend and I am the promoter of this show, but I'll tell you all sincerely that J is the most technically gifted artist I've ever met .. yes, I think he's even better than Craze (Miami's Pride and Joy: 6X World Champion), although CRAZE is the best TURNTABLIST on the planet, the digital technology combined with his imagination and programming ability makes JZ THE ABSOLUTE BEST!..

JZ has been at the forefront of redefining the electronic/producer-artist performance since he hit the scene..

he might be from the future..

see you guys on saturday..

Guest aj2234
yep.. you got it..

as most who are his fans would know, JZ's performance goes far beyond "DJing" and simple playback/mixing records.. He works with many midi-triggers and effectors, as well as an arsenal of loops and sounds ready to activate on ableton live.. he is the epitome of "hands-on".. and let's not even get started on his gifted coordination.. his hands move at ridiculous speeds and the things he comes up with on the fly are always a sure-shot to leave everyone in awe.. as in "how the f--??.. what did he-???!!..did you just see tha--??!!!".. we're putting cameras on the stage and his hands as well ;) .. (and I wanted to keep that a surprise, but oh well!)

I'm being as candid as possible with you lot, not just because James is a friend and I am the promoter of this show, but I'll tell you all sincerely that J is the most technically gifted artist I've ever met .. yes, I think he's even better than Craze (Miami's Pride and Joy: 6X World Champion), although CRAZE is the best TURNTABLIST on the planet, the digital technology combined with his imagination and programming ability makes JZ THE ABSOLUTE BEST!..

JZ has been at the forefront of redefining the electronic/producer-artist performance since he hit the scene..

he might be from the future..

see you guys on saturday..

craze vs zabiela on 4 decks!!! that would be something to see!!!

Guest mbongiovi
craze vs zabiela on 4 decks!!! that would be something to see!!!

You would have to look at this from two different angles. Straight up wax on turntables, hands down, Craze.

Bring digital technology into the mix, efx, filters, switches, CDs, ableton, ect. a whole different story, would def have to be JZ.