Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Father arrested for beating child over bad grades?!?!?!?

Guest DeepHouseMan

Guest DeepHouseMan

Your gonna tell me a parent can't even discipline their kids today? I'm not saying that my parents beat my ass growing up, but I sure as hell knew when I fu!$#$ed up!

I even remember when I was growing up going to Catholic grade school in Jersey. When you were f@#$ing off in class the nuns (teachers) would grab a yard stick and wack your ass when you least expect it. Can't forget the good ole days when they would even put a bar a soap in your mouth and you would have to stand in front of your class for saying bad words! Look at me now, I haven't learned a fu@#ing thing when it came down to that!!!

So here's a big fu@#$ yo to Sister Benjamin!!! LOL

Check out this story below.

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Police have arrested a father for allegedly abusing his son over bad grades.

Loscar Rodriguez, 30, argues he was simply disciplining his son, and the judge who let him go on $5,000 bond seemed to agree. "Spanking never hurt anybody," said Judge Fred Seraphin at Rodriguez's hearing.

Police charged Rodriguez with aggravated child abuse for beating his 8-year-old son with a belt because his son received bad grades in school.

During the bond hearing, Seraphin noted he thought Rodriguez's actions were probably not abuse and possibly even justified. "If he hit him with the buckle or a baseball bat or something like that and there were injuries, but a welt from a belt?" said the judge. "It's supposed to leave a mark, so you remember to get your work done."

On Monday Rodriguez's son told a school nurse that his bottom hurt too much to sit down at his desk. A school official saw a bruise on the boy's leg and called authorities. Coral Gables police examined the child and found more marks on his buttocks.

Though the Seraphin seems to think there's nothing wrong with spanking a child for disciplinary reasons, he did rule that Rodriguez could not have any contact with his son until further notice. The by's mother will likely come down from Chicago to pick him up, pending the trial.

Guest meta
Your gonna tell me a parent can't even discipline their kids today? I'm not saying that my parents beat my ass growing up, but I sure as hell knew when I fu!$#$ed up!

I even remember when I was growing up going to Catholic grade school in Jersey. When you were f@#$ing off in class the nuns (teachers) would grab a yard stick and wack your ass when you least expect it. Can't forget the good ole days when they would even put a bar a soap in your mouth and you would have to stand in front of your class for saying bad words! Look at me now, I haven't learned a fu@#ing thing when it came down to that!!!

So here's a big fu@#$ yo to Sister Benjamin!!! LOL

Check out this story below.

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Police have arrested a father for allegedly abusing his son over bad grades.

Loscar Rodriguez, 30, argues he was simply disciplining his son, and the judge who let him go on $5,000 bond seemed to agree. "Spanking never hurt anybody," said Judge Fred Seraphin at Rodriguez's hearing.

Police charged Rodriguez with aggravated child abuse for beating his 8-year-old son with a belt because his son received bad grades in school.

During the bond hearing, Seraphin noted he thought Rodriguez's actions were probably not abuse and possibly even justified. "If he hit him with the buckle or a baseball bat or something like that and there were injuries, but a welt from a belt?" said the judge. "It's supposed to leave a mark, so you remember to get your work done."

On Monday Rodriguez's son told a school nurse that his bottom hurt too much to sit down at his desk. A school official saw a bruise on the boy's leg and called authorities. Coral Gables police examined the child and found more marks on his buttocks.

Though the Seraphin seems to think there's nothing wrong with spanking a child for disciplinary reasons, he did rule that Rodriguez could not have any contact with his son until further notice. The by's mother will likely come down from Chicago to pick him up, pending the trial.

I could have sworn that the judge said it was not a beating.

I heard the story on the Morning ZOO this morning.

i got a bar of soap in my mouth simply for asking my parent's "why?" when they told me to do something.

it worked, i am now a pillar of my community.

seriously, though....this is ridiculous. children need discipline. it's getting worse and worse these days.

Guest Buck White

The mother is coming down from Chicago to whisk him away ? Someone needs to tell that dumb bitch that the drugs are cheaper in Miami.

Guest clubchicky

ok i am all for disciplining your children but jeeze what the hell is beating him with a belt going to do??? uhhhh nothing. Is it going to make him/her make better grades? Possiblly, but maybe trying to get the kid academic help would be more productive...

ok i am all for disciplining your children but jeeze what the hell is beating him with a belt going to do??? uhhhh nothing. Is it going to make him/her make better grades? Possiblly, but maybe trying to get the kid academic help would be more productive...

there is definitely a difference in a kid doing bad in school, and a disobedient kid. now if the problem is his effort, then yes, he deserves a bit of a whack. get your sh*t together, son.

Guest lulamishka

seriously, though....this is ridiculous. children need discipline. it's getting worse and worse these days.

I agree.

Hell, I had to deal with my mom belting me as a kid and I honestly think I turned out just fine.

Guest JMT

spare the rod, spoil the child. my mom favored a wooden spoon.

i was also taught by nuns in grade school. they wouldn't hit us but they definitely understood the power of 'a stern talking to' and a good poke of the finger. in retrospect, those women were saints for what they put up with yet still managed to teach.

Guest lulamishka
spare the rod, spoil the child. my mom favored a wooden spoon.

i was also taught by nuns in grade school. they wouldn't hit us but they definitely understood the power of 'a stern talking to' and a good poke of the finger. in retrospect, those women were saints for what they put up with yet still managed to teach.

Ha, yea, can't forget the wooden spoon. Or the back of a shoe.

Guest pod

Since this is Miami-Dade County we're talking about, the kid needs to be fitted with a REACT belt.

REACT Belt - Wiki

stunbelt2.jpg

Bad grades? Zap! Don't even have to work yourself up to it. I would have been the inventor of warp drive if my parents had one of these when I was in school.

Guest DeepHouseMan

Pod, that's some funny shit! I saw a story on this about a year ago on Dateline I think? There was a school that had a fewbad kids wearing a device like this. The teacher use to carry a belt with a bunch of little boxes hanging from his belt with a picture of each individual student on the box. If the kids got out of line, the teacher would grab the box, open it up and hit the button! LOL

These kids were traumatized! During the interview with the teacher, he just simply grabbed one of these boxes in front of a student who was also being interviewed and the kid freaked the fu!K out without the teacher even pressing the button!

Guest pod

Yeah it was a private school for parents who "lost control" of their kids. The sad thing was, a lot of these kids had undiagnosed mental problems, they weren't just being brats.

Guest coach

There's a little difference between spanking your child and beating him so badly it hurts to sit the next day. Actually, there's a lot of difference. If it leaves welts that last for longer than a couple hours, that's abuse.

I would say that the majority of you are not educated well enough on the subject to have a legitimate opinion of how well corporal punishment works. I will say that I know plenty of children who are reared just fine without it, proving that it is not needed.

Guest DeepHouseMan
Beat the kid or get a tutor? Interesting choice.

Both! Then make sure he gets a Publix shopping cart and starts delivering The Miami Herald at 5am!

KIDDINGG!!!!!!!! LOL

Guest coach

Wonder if they bothered to test the kid for dyslexia, or some other learning issue. I wonder if he was having any other stressful issue outside of school that led to an inability to concentrate, like maybe an abusive father?

I could go on and on. It is too bad I am too much of a libertarian, otherwise I would really advocate for testing and training before people are allowed to reproduce.

Guest JMT
but do we know that the kid was bad or that he just needed some help in school?

the dad would know that better than anyone here.