Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your British newsbrief for today

ryan2772

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=487118&in_page_id=1770

Man tells judge: 'I'll shave off my handlebar moustache - to stop me getting into fights'

law1110_468x608.jpg

A man who sports an Edwardian style dandy moustache has promised a court he would shave it off after it landed him in trouble with the law.

Charles Law 48 has spent years growing the elaborate handlebar moustache which at times has measured 16 inches in length.

But it's led to him being teased in the past, a court heard.

On Christmas Eve last year, a group of teenagers began making disparaging remarks about the moustache as he was taking money out of a cash point machine in his home town of Borehamwood in Herts.

As the teasing continued he confronted the group and ended up kicking a 13 year old in the leg.

Mr Law of Stratfield Road, Borehamwood appeared at St Albans crown court pleading guilty to a charge of common assault on a 13 year old boy.

He appeared in the dock wearing a brown sports jacket, bright red trousers, blue-and-white checked shirt, watch chain, and carefully folded red handkerchief.

The court heard Law, who pleaded guilty to common assault, had been in trouble before with moustache-related incidents, with convictions for affray and threats.

Defence barrister Julia Flanagan said her client accepted he had a tendency to over-react to teasing, and had now promised to shave his spectacular growth to avoid trouble.

Judge John Plumstead said he was worried that community service would lead Law into further confrontations but, after hearing that Mr Law was prepared to shave it off, said he could deal with the matter by way of a compensation order.

He said: "I have mixed feelings about his decision to give up his moustache. It is plainly a matter of pride, and it must have taken a great deal of time and work to develop."

The judge said said Mr Law had "put the boys to flight by a show of force which convinced them he had a knife." Judge Plumstead added that having heard the case he was pleased the defendant had decided to shave off his moustache.

He said "I am extremely pleased because I suspect it will prove a rod for his back."

He gave Mr Law a conditional discharge for two years and warned him against re-offending.

He also ordered him to pay 75 pounds compensation to three boys who he said had been "shocked and frightened by the incident."

The judge told Law, a self-employed financial advisor, that there was nothing wrong with his chosen appearance, but he should expect comment, and not and over-react.

Outside court Mr Law said: "It's coming off before the weekend. It's a shame but it has to go.

"I've had it since I was 22. It was up to 16 inches once, but I shaved it down a bit. I will miss it"

another gem:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/12/nparty112.xml

Family beaten after YouTube party invitation

By Richard Savill

Last Updated: 12:55pm BST 11/10/2007

A teenager was airlifted to hospital and his father left with a broken nose after 100 teenagers gatecrashed a 16th birthday party when an invitation appeared on the website YouTube.

nparty112.jpg

The parents had gone out for the evening when the house party, which had been meant for no more than 40 youngsters, descended into chaos after details were posted on the video hosting site.

David and Susan Worthy left their eldest son Stephen, 18, in charge at his brother, Christopher's party, but rushed home when they were told scores more teenagers had turned up.

After ejecting some of the unwanted guests with the help of police, Mr Worthy, 53, was attacked as he later tried to turn away an older group of about 15 youths.

The engineer was punched in the face and bundled into a hedge as several youths beat him.

Stephen, who is studying graphics at Bath Spa University, went to help him but was also attacked and kicked in the back.

Eventually the pair managed to scramble back inside their four bedroom £250,000 detached house and lock the door.

A group of youths then smashed the living room, dining room and front door windows. A number of fence panels were also damaged.

The Worthys again called the emergency services and Stephen was airlifted to hospital with a suspected spinal injury. Mr Worthy also went to hospital for treatment to his facial injuries.

Yesterday the family spoke of their "terrifying" experience which occurred last Saturday in a normally quiet area of Chippenham, Wilts.

advertisementThe parents had taken their youngest son Richard, 14, for a meal at a nearby pub at 7pm and had planned to return at 9pm and watch a DVD in their bedroom upstairs while Christopher and his friends celebrated downstairs.

But Stephen was unable to stop the gatecrashers entering and raiding the alcohol cupboard for whisky, wine and champagne.

Mrs Worthy, a nurse, said: "We left at about 7pm and less than an hour later, Stephen called us and asked us to come home. We rushed straight back.

"There were too many for us to sort it on our own but with the help of the police we managed to calm it down."

When another gang of uninvited guests turned up Mr Worthy and Stephen were attacked.

Mr Worthy said: "One was swearing right in my face so I pushed him away and then all hell was let loose.

"I was punched in the face and hit on the head with something and fell backwards into a bush. It is all a bit of a blur.

"Stephen came to help and was wrestled to the floor and kicked and punched. I think there were eight, nine or ten people setting about us."

Mrs Worthy, 52, said: "We were scared stiff then there was a loud bang and the windows smashed. I was terrified. I thought they were going to kill us."

She added: "You hear the stories and try to take precautions. We were aware of what could happen.

"We left an older presence there to turn uninvited guests away and although we weren't in the building we were only a five minute walk away.

"We expected a certain amount of debris from a party like that but we never imagined it would turn out like it did."

Mr Worthy added: "The police asked us if we knew about an invite posted on YouTube for the party. It seems that may be why so many people turned up.

"We feel a little naive now but it's a sad situation if you cannot go out and let your children have what was supposed to be a quiet party with a few friends.

"This is not what we expected at all - we live in a nice quiet place, it's very pleasant and we thought this type of thing couldn't happen.

"I have had to take several days off work with my broken nose and two black eyes and Stephen has got a badly bruised kidney and had to take the week off university."

Wiltshire Police said six male teenagers had been arrested in connection with the incident.

An 18-year-old and a 16-year-old were arrested for public order offences and released on bail.

Two 17-year-olds, a 16-year-old and a 15-year-old were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and have also been released on bail pending further enquiries.

Guest pod

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/article37143.ece

ed_imgSNF0824A_118881a.jpg

Rat made secret sex tape

By HENRY AUSTIN

Published: 08 Feb 2006

AS she watched the DVD of a couple having sex, Amanda Leech was hit by a sickening feeling ?

SHE was the woman on screen.

The mum-of-two had no idea when or how the scene had been filmed, but she knew immediately who was responsible ? her former lover.

Amanda later discovered twisted Stuart Dent had secretly filmed their love-making, and now she is determined to warn other women to stay away from her ex.

She says: “I want all women to know what a scumbag this man is.

“I feel like I have been mentally raped and I hope no one ever goes near him again.

“He has since been prosecuted but it’s no consolation. What he did was vile. It has shattered my confidence completely. I’m paranoid that everyone has seen the film.â€

Amanda’s shocking tale is revealed on Day Three of The Sun’s Real Life series celebrating the launch of Love It! ? Britain’s newest and brightest women’s weekly.

The 31-year-old first met market trader Dent when he started chatting her up in her local.

She recalls: “I didn’t think he was that good-looking but he had the gift of the gab and made me laugh. I was off men at the time ? in fact I hadn’t been out with a bloke for almost two years. But I was flattered by the attention he paid and we soon started seeing each other.â€

Within weeks the couple were inseparable. Dent would take Amanda out to restaurants or for days at the seaside with her children, Reece, four, and three-year-old Yasmin.

She says: “He was always great with the kids, never trying to be their father but still a real pal to them. He always treated me really well too, calling me his ?princess.’

“Although he wasn’t amazing in bed ? a little on the short side to be honest ? I really fell for him and we had a great time together.â€

Then one night, as the couple were watching TV, 43-year-old Dent made an indecent proposal.

Amanda, from Doncaster, says: “At first I didn’t understand what he was talking about when he said he wanted to make a film of us, but he soon made it clear it would be in the bedroom.